Help me identify UFO

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage
Default Help me identify UFO

This morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star.

I went into the house to get my binoculars but it really didn't help as far as being able to see what it was. After about 5 minutes or so I realized it was getting smaller because it was moving away to the east (perhaps slighty southeast) So I kept watching until finally it was just a small dot in the sky. By that time it was 6:30 am.

What was it? Did anyone else see it?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
This morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star.

I went into the house to get my binoculars but it really didn't help as far as being able to see what it was. After about 5 minutes or so I realized it was getting smaller because it was moving away to the east (perhaps slighty southeast) So I kept watching until finally it was just a small dot in the sky. By that time it was 6:30 am.

Too much scotch can cause this.......................
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Sage
Could it have been the international space station?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Platinum member

I hope it was the Cocoon people dropping off a new pod.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Gold member

Can't identify it...cause then it wouldn't be a UFO
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Had you video taped it, you could have added it to the others already on YouTube.
The Villages FloridaUFO The Villages FL - YouTube
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM

It's Christmas, it is the North Star!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Sage

Santa making a practice run??
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM

Maybe you had the binoculars backwards when you looked. Things get smaller real fast that way.......
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Gold member

Could've been a United Flying Over TV.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Villages PL said "this morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star."

I believe that what you saw was Jupiter. I have been seeing it myself and am in total awe! I mentioned it to my son and DIL and commented that it is so bright and since it is only this visible to us in Nov and Dec that it looked like 'The Star In The East'. Now the moving part I don't have an explanation for.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	jupiter.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	7327  
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Villages PL said "this morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star."

I believe that what you saw was Jupiter. I have been seeing it myself and am in total awe! I mentioned it to my son and DIL and commented that it is so bright and since it is only this visible to us in Nov and Dec that it looked like 'The Star In The East'. Now the moving part I don't have an explanation for.
Jupiter was exactly what I was thinking
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Three wise men followed that star...

There will be a star in the EAST.

Heard that lovely line before.

And while I think of it. Merry Christmas, Villages Pl.

We are in a flight pattern for landing at Orlando International.

On a clear night you can see them flying over us verrrrrry slowly it seems.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Default Ufo?

Probably the planet Venus. Very bright this time of year in the morning.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post

Do a Google search on "bright morning star east" you will get full explanation/theory as to what you saw.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.