High Levels of Arsenic in Blood

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Default High Levels of Arsenic in Blood

My story,

I was looking into mercury toxicity in body from mercury fillings in mouth. You can learn a great deal about this on youtube. Don't believe everything your DDS or the FDA says......anyway, my Dr. wrote me a script to go get a blood test for metal toxicity in blood...just got report back....what it showed is that I was very high in arsenic....normal levels are under 28mcg. mine is 48mcg.
Dr. feels since it is in my blood, not showing in my hair and nails yet, that this increase of toxicity is a recent occurrence.

His thought is that it's coming from the water.....water is the only thing I drink, and I drink alot of it...I have one of those Brita filters on my faucet and I drink bottled water also....we are now going to try to deal with this level in my blood and try to get it down again....but I moved here 2 years ago last September and I'm wondering where I could have incurred such levels...I have racked my brain and there is nothing I have taken to cause these high levels...and I'm not living with someone who is trying to kill me. I live alone....only kidding about the killing part.
Any how, has anyone else been tested for metals and found they also have very high levels of arsenic....just wondering....help!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Sage

Oh dear, what a disturbing thing to find out...
Hugs,
Kitty

Ps do you use herbals, ayurveda?
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/812953-overview

Pps....is this report interpreted by a licensed m.d.?

Ppps..are you sure 40 on a one time test is elevated?http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/812953-workup
Old 10-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

If its the water upply then we are all in trouble
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM

Oh yes, I am using an MD. Actually, he was a heart surgeon, who now is very much into natural hormone replayment therapy. Mentioned in Suzanne Sommers book.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Mayo Clinic says that Blood is not the best place to screen for arsenic. That screening urine is a better test. They say that arsenic rapidly dissipates from the blood and seeks tissue protein. I am VERY surprised your physician ordered a blood test to look for arsenic and even more surprised that arsenic was found. Here, you can see what the Mayo Clinic has to say.

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.c...erpretive/8645

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-17-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

We use a Zero water filter and it does remove everything but not viruses if there are any.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Gold member

I am camping and not busy, so I had time to Google some answers.

The water in the Villages contains enough arsenic to exceed health levels but not legal levels.

Rice is the biggest source of arsenic in our food.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM

If you read the post, we were testing for metal toxicity, not ANY specific metal. Take it up with Quest labs. Those are the results. Black and white. It's not about the Dr or what we have not preceed to do yet... It was about the results of just this first testing of metal toxicity. You don't care, fine with me.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:52 PM

Thats awful, hugs are being sent your way.
I would suspect bottled water first, as they are all over the place in standards, and much of it is just plain tap water. I don't know what the acceptable standards for Arsenic are here in our Fl. tap water or how well they are enforced. I would also ask for a urine test. Good luck with this and please keep us posted.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichiara View Post
My story,
I was looking into mercury toxicity in body from mercury fillings in mouth. You can learn a great deal about this on youtube. Don't believe everything your DDS or the FDA says.
I believe more in what my Drs and the FDA says, rather than what some medical hucksters on YouTube are promoting.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 10-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Sage

Sez here that some amount of arsenic in food and water is safe
Arsenic | Arsenic in Juice

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-18-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Well rice use to be one of my favorites So I wonder how much is too much?
Is it because some eat rice every day????????

Oh I don't feel so good now have a headache
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM

There are two forms of arsenic, organic and inorganic. It can be found in the soil, which can be taken up by the roots of trees, ie apple and orange trees. If it's in the soil its also in the water. Drinking bottled water is no assurance it's better than your tap water. I would recommend a reverse osmosis filter for making your own drinking water, but add minerals to your diet to compensate for the filter removing healthy minerals.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Sage

I hope the OP will let us know how she is doing and that soon she will have clear tests that are not worrisome..

I prejudged her doctor when the OP mentioned that he was recommended by Suzanne Sommers, because it is my opinion that Suzanne Somers directs people toward alternative medicine and away from traditional medicine and to me that is dangerous if they have been diagnosed with cancer.

A couple of nights ago I spent an hour on the phone with a friend who has had some preliminary tests that indicate she has a" darkening" that might be ovarian cancer. She doesn't want to have a D&C.or further tests. She doesn't trust the traditional medical community. She has always been a big fan of preventing cancer with lifestyle and taking supplements and she is scared and confused.

I am not a doctor, I have no credentials to tell people anything.

I understand scared because this Ebola crisis has me very scared.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope the OP will let us know how she is doing and that soon she will have clear tests that are not worrisome..

I prejudged her doctor when the OP mentioned that he was recommended by Suzanne Sommers, because it is my opinion that Suzanne Somers directs people toward alternative medicine and away from traditional medicine and to me that is dangerous if they have been diagnosed with cancer.

A couple of nights ago I spent an hour on the phone with a friend who has had some preliminary tests that indicate she has a" darkening" that might be ovarian cancer. She doesn't want to have a D&C.or further tests. She doesn't trust the traditional medical community. She has always been a big fan of preventing cancer with lifestyle and taking supplements and she is scared and confused.

I am not a doctor, I have no credentials to tell people anything.

I understand scared because this Ebola crisis has me very scared.

I am going to bow out of public forums for awhile. I don't like how intense I have become and how I have abandoned respect for others and diplomacy.
Gracie don't be so hard on yourself. It's ok not to trust Suzy Summers and to voice that. You never know who may need to hear that. But if it's stressing you out then by all means take some space from this forum. But just know that it is for you and not everyone else that you are doing it for. Everyone else can take what they need and leave what they don't. We're all grown ups . . well at least chronologically, For myself I say "if I can't stay young at least stay immature". I love to look at the world through the eyes of children. They have such a grounded perspective and so much joy in the little things. To my children I say trust your gut, it will tell you whats right for you. We all have so much to learn and so little time on this planet to do so. Plus I find that I constantly revisit and relearn stuff on slightly different levels all the time. Throw in an aging body and it's all new again. I love to laugh at my mistakes, and good thing too because I'd be pretty grumpy if I didn't. Your perspective is welcomed and would be missed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.