Homeowners Association Fee's

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Default Homeowners Association Fee's

I would like to know if in addition to the Bond the CDD the Amenities fee's the Priority golf fee's is there a Home Owners Association monthly fee and a Village fee?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Homeowners Association Fee's

There is no "Home Owners Association" fee, if by that you mean the formal Villages Homeowners Association (VOA). That's a separate entity to which not everyone automatically belongs, though it claims, like the Property Owners Association, to act for all Villagers. One joins the VOA. I think the dues are about $10-$15 a year or $60 lifetime. And contrary to what some have said in the forum, VOA members are not employees of the developer.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Platinum member

floydfan:

I think it appropriate to clarify Muncle's info a little.

There are really two associations. Neither are budget-busting!

The Villages Homeowners Assn (VHA) is the larger of the two and presents a generally more positive view of things. It is true that it is sanctioned by The Developer, but, so far as I know, not financially supported by The Developer. Dues are $12 per household for two years, or $60 for a lifetime membership. Its monthly newsletter is distributed with the Daily Sun, and includes updates on TV's "governmental activities" as well tose of the VHA's regions. Very positive outlook - in POA's eyes, far too much so.

The Prorerty Owners Assn (POA) is smaller. It purports to better represent the residents, but its stance, expressed in its monthly "newsletter" is grindingly negative, imho. Dues are $6 per household for one year.

I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion in this forum about these two groups, as there is definitely quite a lot of animosity between them I joined VHA in the first month after arriving here 3 years ago and have found them and their works very acceptable. My only real contact with POA has been their newsletter and it really turns me off because it goes on and on and on and on about a variety of matters it deems "bad."

SWR
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 AM

I have been here a little over a month now, and I have read the reports of both associations. I read the report in the Daily Sun about last weeks meeting. If all I read was this, I would believe everything is very close to being perfect here in the Villages. Janet Tutt's answer session gave a lot of information about everything good going on here in TV, but not one answer to a critical question was forthcoming.

The POA's monthly report arrived the same day. There was a lot of information provided about the survey done in TV concerning the value of our lifestyle here. I admit that there was a lot of negativity but we know TV isn't perfect. I ask, would we as homeowners, ever hear about the siding problem south of 466. I believe the POA had a important role in the civil suit against the developer, concerning our future amenities.

You need to hear both sides of every issue. My major question with the VHA is why doesn't it ever communicate with the POA concerning problems here in TV?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:52 AM
beartrack1

If and when TV turns over the running of the community to the individual villages, will each village then form a Home owners assoc for the operation and maintenance of the village ? And after electing home owners to the Board of directors of that village, would they then be able to set maintenance fees and/or assessments as needed ?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Veteran member

In further answer to the original question, membership is not required in either group. So, your fees could be zero.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Doesn't this pretty much boil down to a setup of checks and balances TV-style?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Veteran member

Muncle, I beg to differ with you but MANY of the VHA representatives also happen to be employed by the developer. They are not employed as VHA representatives but in other positions such as sales associates, greeters, gate keepers so please, don't make a blanket statement that VHA reps are not employees of the developer.

Many are employees of the developer but they are no hired to be VHA reps. They hold other jobs in the Villages and volunteer as VHA reps. This however, does NOTsolve the conflict of interest issue.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

The POA was the ORIGINAL homeowners association until the developer became unhappy with the dissagreements the association had with him and he did start the VHA.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.