homeowners insurance

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2016, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,010 Times in 452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
do you have homeowners on a house in TV?

Read my previous post
Yes. I am insured by Tower Hill through USAA.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Yes. I am insured by Tower Hill through USAA.
Me too - the policy was not written by USAA and is not their coverage.

Last edited by Challenger; 05-27-2016 at 08:44 PM. Reason: omossion
Old 05-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We have narrowed our home search down to about 6,000 homes. Boy is this rough. I found a manufactured home but am struggling to find a good fit on the insurance end of the deal. I don't want to have any buyer's remorse. The coverage is probably not enough in case of a total loss and I'm not sure I can live with that. I only have one bite at the apple I must get it rite. I have spoken to people I highly respect who don't worry about such things like I do but I'm coming to TV to lessen my worries and the proper insurance helps me sleep well. Thank God we never had a claim other than a small one after the Sandy Storm. I have other options with stick built house which insure better but I'm slightly overwhelmed which is not normal either. USAA won't take us with my son in the Army. Whatever, time to chill out this weekend before I seize up. It alway's works out for the best in the end.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Default Check that deductible on Sink Hole

1st.. and foremost... if you think there will actually be a sinkhole classified as such by the local, federal and etc etc.. is far reached... most times they will simply be a
"Catastrophe Event" which is not a Sink Hole.. now
most deductibles will be $50,000 or a great percent of the homes value... now add your premiums for 10 yrs. the slight chance it will be called a "Sink Hole" and the sales technique you must buy it right now you will not be offered a second change.. should be a red flag for all... why now right now... now a reasonable sale would be no sales 30 days prior to event just like flood or hurricane insurance... no insurance during the even of course... any thoughts? But ask your agent about that DEDUCTIBLE FOR SURE..
Old 07-26-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count'n the days View Post
We found The Villages Insurance helpful and are going through them for our Home, Personal Umbrella, and Golf Cart policies.
We wonder if the Villages Insurance will drop our coverage with the companies we now have for homeowners and golf cart insurance like they did with the Villages health insurance, if the Villages gets a better offer from other companies to do business with. Anyone else heard these rumors?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:12 PM

We found Rose at the villages ins to be most helpful, the bank messed up and the closing was going to be delayed and Rose handled everything asap. Great Service
Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensul619 View Post
We wonder if the Villages Insurance will drop our coverage with the companies we now have for homeowners and golf cart insurance like they did with the Villages health insurance, if the Villages gets a better offer from other companies to do business with. Anyone else heard these rumors?
Heck no.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, homeowners, feedback, suggestions, broker, company, closing, bought, home, villages, weeks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.