Harmswood Homes

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Harmswood Homes

Has anyone noticed that once or twice a week homes in Harmswood come on the market....Beautiful homes just have never seen that many homes for sale in short time...any ideas?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Has anyone noticed that once or twice a week homes in Harmswood come on the market....Beautiful homes just have never seen that many homes for sale in short time...any ideas?
We rented a home there while our home was being built a little over a year ago. I think it is simply that the original owners are all getting older. With all that implies. And maybe moving on to assisted living, but in one case one of the residents reserved a lot in the new village we were building in. Maybe some just want a new home or a change...

Harmeswood was one of the first all Premier neighborhoods

It's lots are much bigger than any other village in this town and the homes are different looking. Some capecods, just other plans than the ones currently being used. One of our neighbors from Ohio has a home with a big lot there and now finds it a little too big.

When we stayed there, there were two deaths in the area of 52 homes.

People and villages do get older.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

I always heard you should stay out of Harmswood, or was that Harmsway? I don't remember......
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

People and villages do get older.

Not me kiddo!

My wife is always telling me to stop acting like I'm 12 !

I didn't realize - thought I was about 8 !!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Where is this Harmswood? Part of TV?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Those of us who live in the villages just north of where Buena Vista and El Camino meet are tickled pink that so many TV residents do not know they exist. Harmeswood is a part of the Village of Belle Aire, with it's own entrance just north of the Savannah Center. There are 52 premier homes there, valued at about a half-million and up.
What's so nice is that we have a fraction of typical TV traffic, and all recreation, restaurants and stores close by. I have never seen the Publix plaza more than half full or more than four people at a checkout line. And being about ten years old, the landscaping at homes and common areas is mature and gorgeous. The neighborhoods are changing and interesting new people are moving in. It makes our get-togethers more fun.

You don't really need to know where Harmeswood is.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Specific directions

Quote:
When you drive north on Buena Vista past the Savannah Center traffic circle, the first gate on the right is for a courtyard villa complex. The second gate, a very short distance further, is the entrance to Harmeswood. Definitely a pretty area and worth just taking a ride to see.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Those of us who live in the villages just north of where Buena Vista and El Camino meet are tickled pink that so many TV residents do not know they exist. Harmeswood is a part of the Village of Belle Aire, with it's own entrance just north of the Savannah Center. There are 52 premier homes there, valued at about a half-million and up.
What's so nice is that we have a fraction of typical TV traffic, and all recreation, restaurants and stores close by. I have never seen the Publix plaza more than half full or more than four people at a checkout line. And being about ten years old, the landscaping at homes and common areas is mature and gorgeous. The neighborhoods are changing and interesting new people are moving in. It makes our get-togethers more fun.

Ijusluvit??? You lived there and I never met you. That makes me sad. It is a truly beautiful village and homes are spaced widely apart and as you say the landscaping is mature and beautiful and very unique in The Villages. AND it's pretty gate is verrrrrry slooooow to open. lol

The home we rented is owned by a person waiting to retire and it was lovely to shelter there waiting for our home to be completed.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
It's spelled Hermeswood I think. It's off Buena Vista near the Polo Grounds vicinity.....not looking at a map right now.

Very very private. Many times, going past, on our way to Calumet Grove, I wanted to pull in there, but I'm pretty sure there was a sign at the entrance directly visitors to use some other entrance.......which we never could figure out where it actually was.........on a map, it looks like the homes are spread far apart. Nice area.

It's F9 on the big Villages map. It is spelled Harmeswood. I've seen it both ways. NOT HERMESWOOD as I posted above. Off Buena Vista. Under Springdale.
Across from Village of Belleaire? It's also called Harmeswood of Belleaire........
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Sage

Quote:

Oops.......sorry. I just told everyone it is F9 on the big Villages map. As you mention, one would go from El Camino, making a right onto Buena Vista.....and up.

I agree that the quadrant you mention above is really nice and it's my husband's favorite..............not close to the squares but it was very nice from the Polo Grounds, the Savannah Center, the Legacy Country Club and the Nancy Lopez Golf course.............plus close to Mulberry Square for shopping. Not crowded at all. Very little traffic. ...which we liked. Everyone was very nice and my husband was quite popular when he'd take our 7 month old grandbaby out in her stroller so that her mom and dad could shower, etc...........she was a big hit. Everyone seemed to miss their grandbabies.

Plus we were close to Chatham and NEVER heard any trains in a full month.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
------You don't really need to know where Harmeswood is.
And for some reason the "commoners" of TV are not allowed to fish in their public ponds.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Sage

Us old birds. Why do we always somehow change what is a nice conversation into a jab here or there?

It is Harmeswood of Bellaire or maybe Harmswood, not Hermeswood and it is open to company just like all villages in this lovely place. It is just as described; the second right ON Buena Vista, after the Savannah Center Circle, and it is a lovely place for a ride through.

I don't know why the no fishing signs, maybe because folks didn't want fishermen walking behind their back yards.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Us old birds. Why do we always somehow change what is a nice conversation into a jab here or there?
How apt a comment! Why does everything have to get "ugly".

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.