How do I email Comcast in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Default How do I email Comcast in The Villages?

I've tried going on their web site, but they only let you phone them so they can pressure you. I want something memorialized so there's no doubt about cost and what channels I will get.

We are returning to The Villages in October and I want monthly rates so that I can get a list of channels I will provide, or a rate if we sign up for January through April.

I want to compare Comcast's charges with other cable companies available, if any, in the Silver Lake Village, or satellite dish, since our home has a satellite dish.

Any suggestions?

If necessary, I'll get bare bones basic cable and use my laptop and my TV monitor to get WVU Mountaineer games via an app I already have.

Thank you.

I know that I'll get helpful hints from other part-time home owners in The Villages, starting with Gracie Girl
Old 08-25-2016, 01:03 PM

CenturyLink lets me email them, but I haven't figured out how to email ComCast.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountaineer View Post

I've tried going on their web site, but they only let you phone them so they can pressure you. I want something memorialized so there's no doubt about cost and what channels I will get.

We are returning to The Villages in October and I want monthly rates so that I can get a list of channels I will provide, or a rate if we sign up for January through April.

I want to compare Comcast's charges with other cable companies available, if any, in the Silver Lake Village, or satellite dish, since our home has a satellite dish.

Any suggestions?

If necessary, I'll get bare bones basic cable and use my laptop and my TV monitor to get WVU Mountaineer games via an app I already have.

Thank you.

I know that I'll get helpful hints from other part-time home owners in The Villages, starting with Gracie Girl
Go to Comcast: Cable TV, Internet & Phone | XFINITY(R) Official Site and you should find a list of the specials they are offering and what channels you get for that. Good luck in getting more than a year or two commitment. They like to give you extras for 6 months then at the end of the 6 months it will go up to regular price. Then you need to call again and ask for the retention dept and tell them you have found a better offer from a competitor and that if they will match it or better you will stay. It's a game they play. You can try the chat feature on the website and possibly copy the chat notes.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:08 PM

They are hiding from you. Large companies want nothing in writing sent to them that might be discoverable in a legal action. Big health insurance companies are the worst, they have no personal email addresses and no physical addresses to which correspondence can be directed. You can't send a registered or certified letter to a post office box and they know it. More and more companies are adopting this method of dealing with the public everyday. Be careful with Comcast, even when you have a written proposal they will never identify anyone you can send it to in the event o a dispute. The new corporate rule is " memorialize nothing ". Sorry for digressing, but I had a dispute with Comcast last year and could find no way to direct a piece of paper to a human being.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Default You're probably not far off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
They are hiding from you. Large companies want nothing in writing sent to them that might be discoverable in a legal action. Big health insurance companies are the worst, they have no personal email addresses and no physical addresses to which correspondence can be directed. You can't send a registered or certified letter to a post office box and they know it. More and more companies are adopting this method of dealing with the public everyday. Be careful with Comcast, even when you have a written proposal they will never identify anyone you can send it to in the event o a dispute. The new corporate rule is " memorialize nothing ". Sorry for digressing, but I had a dispute with Comcast last year and could find no way to direct a piece of paper to a human being.
But, hey, I got a reply from CenturyLink via email. I told them in my email that, if they called me, I'd scratch them off as a possible vendor for me. I had Comcast last winter. As a part-timer, I'm not about to sign a 2-year contract. Thanks for the tips.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, email, comcast, cable, satellite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.