How do some do it ??

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Last Sunday (5/17). I am a neat freak and these boxes and clutter are driving me crazy. I told my wife that sooner of later that we were going to get visitors; she said it would be awhile. Well, guess what? One of her close friends from STL is coming next Sunday. Time to go into high gear to get everything done.

Please tell me you are well underway.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

I'm reminded of the old comment/joke from William Shatner to Trekkers to "get a life." I always thought those fans did have interesting and engaged lives, but the rap against online pastimes seems to be that certain hobbies or activities are somehow more worthwhile than others. To me, participating in discussion boards or other social media are just as valid recreational activities as softball, bridge clubs or model railroading.

Warren, I'm not sure if you consider me one of the people who posts a lot, but I do check here once or twice a day to see what's up. I have physical limitations due to cerebral palsy, if that makes you feel better about me not being in a bowling league or whatever.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I'm reminded of the old comment/joke from William Shatner to Trekkers to "get a life." I always thought those fans did have interesting and engaged lives, but the rap against online pastimes seems to be that certain hobbies or activities are somehow more worthwhile than others. To me, participating in discussion boards or other social media are just as valid recreational activities as softball, bridge clubs or model railroading.

Warren, I'm not sure if you consider me one of the people who posts a lot, but I do check here once or twice a day to see what's up. I have physical limitations due to cerebral palsy, if that makes you feel better about me not being in a bowling league or whatever.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 05-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I am amazed that some people can find the time to respond to nearly every post and sometimes respond to a post multiple times. Where do they find the time to do this. Is this all they do ??? My days in the Villages are filled leaving perhaps 30 minutes or so late in the evenings to open Talk of The Villages. What is their secret?
Warren, I'm really not sure if you are genuinely interested in how people spend their time, or if you're being critical and taking a poke at Frequent Posters.
However I think Halibut has a great response:

Last edited by Barefoot; 05-25-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:20 AM

I think it's a fine way to start your day.You get to see people that are awake the same time as your are.See who lost what,(putter) and find out how your day is going to be.Sometimes people just need to vent.I just like to find out how my friendly villagers are doing.I've have improved my golf game to something Stafford calls ?boggie? golf.I guess I'm doing better at golf than trying to learn to play guitar.Anyway it's all good and I owe it all to my friend Stafford.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post

One of the best Saturday Night Live skits ever!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
AND most of us are independent self reliant people who have lived a successful life and stayed out of jail.

We can do what we want, TOTV is not illegal, immoral or fattening.
LOL That's funny Gracie!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Sage

Some people need to "let it be" and get on, with their own life. IMHO

GOD forbid some people would ever have a positive thing to say, about anything.

BTW - I have never been in jail.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
AND most of us are independent self reliant people who have lived a successful life and stayed out of jail.

We can do what we want, TOTV is not illegal, immoral or fattening.
Most of us, yes
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

To the original post did you ever think maybe some people are handicapped cant get out and this may be their world. You just never know.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

........... and what about the widower/widow who is overnight plunged into a life on their own. This site could be a lifeline to them while they adjust. Someone told me recently "You will never know what loneliness is until you are left alone".

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Some people need to "let it be" and get on, with their own life. IMHO

GOD forbid some people would ever have a positive thing to say, about anything.

BTW - I have never been in jail.
But did you play a jailbird on TV, Joe?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 PM

I want to learn everything I can about our future home...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Some people just have more down time than others I guess ...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.