If you could have done anything in your life, would you have done anything different?

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking If you could have done anything in your life, would you have done anything different?

What if you could have done anything in your life. Would you have done anthing different? A good career is playing a jazz piano in a small bar. Listen to Gene Harris and you will get a great understanding of what true talent exists.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I would have spent more time with the family. Chasing the career while chasing the bad guys cost me a marriage and time away from the kids I can never get back.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

It's interesting that you mention playing jazz in a small bar. I was a trumpet player and an amateur artist, but as a young man I consciously chose to have a business career and raise a large family. I loved it. Playing trumpet in a small bar may sound romantic, but all the smoke and drinking makes it a less than healthy lifestyle. I love the Villages and I now do oil painting as well as landscape gardening. I love to listen to music too. I wouldn't do anything differently in my life. I have no regrets.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
It's interesting that you mention playing jazz in a small bar. I was a trumpet player and an amateur artist, but as a young man I consciously chose to have a business career and raise a large family. I loved it. Playing trumpet in a small bar may sound romantic, but all the smoke and drinking makes it a less than healthy lifestyle. I love the Villages and I now do oil painting as well as landscape gardening. I love to listen to music too. I wouldn't do anything differently in my life. I have no regrets.
Where do you do your oil painting? We will be there from Jan - March and my husband is bringing his oil paint supplies with.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:53 AM

...the road not taken.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Sage

I would have married later than 21 and had a life of my own before marrying.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Sage

Just one?

Like the song says, "regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

That aaah moment. We can look back and with clarity recognize those choices made that shaped our lives. We clearly remember the admonitions of family friends, and experts. We also recognize that the best laid plans..............
What would I do differently? Not a darn thing. The mistakes, the regrets, the missed opportunities are natures way of reminding us that we are human, and besides for me it simply comes down to one question posed to my wife and kids
"Have I been a good man?" Their reply told me that all I did or did not do commanded their respect and appreciation validating my life and that to me is all that matters.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
That aaah moment. We can look back and with clarity recognize those choices made that shaped our lives. We clearly remember the admonitions of family friends, and experts. We also recognize that the best laid plans..............
What would I do differently? Not a darn thing. The mistakes, the regrets, the missed opportunities are natures way of reminding us that we are human, and besides for me it simply comes down to one question posed to my wife and kids
"Have I been a good man?" Their reply told me that all I did or did not do commanded their respect and appreciation validating my life and that to me is all that matters.
Excellent post!

A very healthy way to look at life!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Gold member

I believe that everything in my past, good times and struggles, brought me to this day and made me the person I am...far from perfect but happy. Wonderful family and great friends and living here in TV...I couldnt ask for more!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
I believe that everything in my past, good times and struggles, brought me to this day and made me the person I am...far from perfect but happy. Wonderful family and great friends and living here in TV...I couldnt ask for more!

I so agree. I SO agree

Merry and blessed Christmas to you

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-21-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:35 AM

I, too, would not have married so young (just turned 19). We had only met 3-1/2 months before. We've been married 45 years, but I wish I had "lived" a little longer.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I, too, would not have married so young (just turned 19). We had only met 3-1/2 months before. We've been married 45 years, but I wish I had "lived" a little longer.
Whereas I always wish I had met my wife earlier. Wasted years without her.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Gold member

I would have searched out my biological parents way before I decided to do it. It turned out to a relatively easy search. I had a great life with adopted family, but my biological family would have been easier on my bio mother. My bio parents married 4 years after me so I have a bio sister and bio brother. I did meet my bio father, my bio mother suffered mentally due to her mother's unkindness. It's not all hugs and kisses meeting your bio family but it is worth it. So that's what I would have done differently, but do not for one moment regret I life I have had. I was lucky to have led a life of the highest level of comfort and material things......but there was always some little thing missing.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark7 View Post
...the road not taken.
"Man proposes God disposes"--
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.