Incredibly Unprofessional Transaction Agent

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
In regards to being assigned a new agent....... in the outside world of real estate......being assigned a Realtor is not done, you choose your agent.

also..changing agents comes with issues....

if the buyers do purchase a home that was showed to them by the original agent and the second agent, the original agent is due a part of the second agents commission.... and who wants to do the work and not get paid 100% for it.....

But with the villages sales agents, the rules may be different... I don't know there policies....

In regards to pushing the sale of New homes.....naturally the developer wants the agents to sell new before used. Theres more profit for the developer in new homes sales.
I am sure the rules are different and very refreshing from the "outside world". And boy does the whole process work well...as anyone can see.

People can request an agent if they have had friends recommend one, but new people coming to look are assigned one and the amazing thing is that you are asked what your interests are and he/she takes you to see them here in The Villages. Unless you ask to see homes they will not suggest you see homes. I think that is what sold me and several friends, it isn't heavy breathing, drag around to homes selling by the agents. The place sells itself. They will not call you back unless you ask them to call you back. I was SO impressed. There is no difficulty selling new homes here.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am sure the rules are different and very refreshing from the "outside world". And boy does the whole process work well...as anyone can see.

People can request an agent if they have had friends recommend one, but new people coming to look are assigned one and the amazing thing is that you are asked what your interests are and he/she takes you to see them here in The Villages. Unless you ask to see homes they will not suggest you see homes. I think that is what sold me and several friends, it isn't heavy breathing, drag around to homes selling by the agents. The place sells itself. They will not call you back unless you ask them to call you back. I was SO impressed. There is no difficulty selling new homes here.
possibly you didn't read the saga that unfolded by the previous posters..

Home buying is not always sunshine and roses
Old 09-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
possibly you didn't read the saga that unfolded by the previous posters..

Home buying is not always sunshine and roses
I have read it and read it and I still don't understand it.

I have heard of a lot of people complaining they didn't close on the day they were scheduled and had to pay a fine, but usually that means their loan people dropped the ball. I don't see any reason for anyone to lie as to where the owners went to live, to assisted living or to their daughters. I don't understand what papers were missing.

I can see that the OP is upset but I don't still understand what happened.

I have read this forum diligently for many years and have a lot of folks I care about and know over the time I have lived here and most are really happy with The Villages agents. I think there is a lot of sour grapes among the local MLS agents for not being included into The Villages business.

But I wouldn't give money away either if I were the Morses.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Kup Kake

Quote:
There are two schools of thought on this issue....

1....a Realtor has the knowledge of where to price a property. Hence, the Realtor should of explained to the sellers that correct market value.

2.....A seller realized the properties value, but wanted a fast easy sale and didn't mind loosing a little profit to remove the hassle of showings, keeping it clean or making necessary repairs, ect.....the Realtor didn't mind taking the time and bought the property as is...I would do the same thing

So unless you explain the whole story....either one of these scenerios can apply.
What you said is the real key. We need to know the rest of the story -- i.e., the entire story. There could be half a dozen explanations to this scenario and I have a feeling there is much more information that hasn't been included.

We shouldn't be so quick to crucify the Realtor or feel so sorry for the seller, based on an extrapolated piece of information that you just know is only part of what really happened.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Kup Kake

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Ridiculous!

Any salesperson, when equipped with some personal information from a potential buyer
(i.e., phone number and perhaps some other salient information garnered from the customer),
who does not call the customer back, will soon be out on the bread line and needs to get another job!

Staying in touch with a potential buyer is simply good, sound business acumen and has nothing to do with being pushy.
It's part of servicing a customer.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kup Kake View Post
Ridiculous!

Any salesperson, when equipped with some personal information from a potential buyer
(i.e., phone number and perhaps some other salient information garnered from the customer),
who does not call the customer back, will soon be out on the bread line and needs to get another job!

Staying in touch with a potential buyer is simply good, sound business acumen and has nothing to do with being pushy.
Well. That's how it was,..... And many others have said the same. We have to believe it is under the direction of the developer to not behave in the typical manner that people are used to from real estate people.

What you may not know is this. It took two hours to sell the view lots in our Village. Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. When we were looking for our first house and found one we liked. An hour later it sold to someone else. The real estate business here is unprecedented and this is not my first rodeo. We have had several homes built and also bought several new ones in our life time. They do NOT negotiate in any way on any new home and do not allow anything but a conventional loan.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kup Kake View Post
Ridiculous!
I think The Villages Agents make it a practice to be low key and not make prospective Purchasers feel nervous or that they are being "hounded"...... especially people who are enjoying a Lifestyle Preview.
It's not a traditional approach, that's for sure, but it seems to work well in The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, agents, mls, contracts, agent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.