Inspection of chatters previous posts....?

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
What a great post!! Truly in the spirit of what TOTV should be!
with quirky3
Old 10-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I will admit that I have looked at previous posts. What I find is some posters hate everything while some love everything. There is usually a pattern you can count on. I have also learned that most people don't often change their minds.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I am going to look @ your past posts and see if you have ever done that.
Or anything else I do not like.
obviously i just dont have the time, or the desire, to go back and reread someones old posts...
I take em as i see em and I can usually read a persons point of view without looking up there old issues or answers....or where they live....

i'm not voting for them, just reading there opinions.....lots of other fun things to do.....

cisco kid...knock your self out and read them all......frees up more seats at activities for me....
Old 10-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I go to old posts when I get a disturbing pm.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Well, I just read (and commented on) a complete thread regarding someone who wants to rent out a bedroom, which I found bothersome. So after I read all the comments I wanted to see what kind of other things the OP previously posted. I was curious to see if all the other posts were as scary as a person who would rent out a room in their house to some unknown person (a slasher, predator, prison release, etc.).

Very often reading prior posts from someone will give you a lot of insight as to where that person's head is. Very often their head is up somewhere.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There have been a few instances (and one most recently) where someone has lit into a poster for his/her position, and when that someone's former posts were read, it could be proven that this person was contradicting himself.

The "person being attacked", if you will, who read the "attacker's," if you also will, prior posts and quoted both contradictory posts, was only defending herself. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you're going to go after someone for his or her opinion, better be sure you are not making a fool out of yourself.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage

I'm sorry I went of the track.

I save everything that I write in an online document but only post a minor portion of it. I am saving it for my children and someday their children. I want them to know what I was thinking at this time and as time goes on. I want to share some of my old stories. If I say something stupid or I change my opinion I want them to read that too.

I wish my parents and grandparents did that.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There have been a few instances (and one most recently) where someone has lit into a poster for his/her position, and when that someone's former posts were read, it could be proven that this person was contradicting himself.

The "person being attacked", if you will, who read the "attacker's," if you also will, prior posts and quoted both contradictory posts, was only defending herself. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you're going to go after someone for his or her opinion, better be sure you are not making a fool out of yourself.
Are you talking about facts or opinions? Opinions can change in a heartbeat. They are not etched in stone. For most, opinions are based on the facts as we know them at the time. As we learn new facts, our opinions change.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I never would of thought to look up there information and read all their previous messages. Why would you do that?..... How would that pertain to the conversation you are involved with at the time.....
Looking at previous posts can be a positive thing .. not necessarily negative.
Sometimes a poster will express a sentiment that really touches me in a post and I want to learn more about that poster, and see if we have common interests.
Some great friendships have been forged that way.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Looking at previous posts can be a positive thing .. not necessarily negative.
Sometimes a poster will express a sentiment that really touches me in a post and I want to learn more about that poster, and see if we have common interests.
Some great friendships have been forged that way.
Nice thoughts about getting to know people as well as opinions changing. As well as with the other poster--education is all about the changing of opinions.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 AM

Some people must have nothing better to do and way too much time on their hands, bet they do a google search also!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Who knows why people do what they do. Sometimes I don't even know know WHY I do what I do?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.