What Are Guest Passes For?

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Default What Are Guest Passes For?

We have guests coming to stay for an extended visit this fall and have never had guests stay as long. So, I am wondering whether I should get them guest passes. What activities are offered (or not offered) with a guest pass? For example, can our visitors with just a guest pass sign up/attend classes at the Learning College or at the Rec Centers?
Do my guests have to have me with them whenever they use the pools and other Village facilities? Thanks for any and all information.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Platinum member

gadabout:

You must remember that your guests must have a pass if they are to use any Villages facility; i.e., rec center, pool, court of some sort. They don't necessarily have to be accompanied by you, but if you should go to soem function in a rec center to gether, they need the pass.

The pass is very easy to get at any of the Regional Rec Centers. All you'll need is the guests names, birthdate, home address nd length of stay, as well as your own Resident ID number. Usually, you can fill out the form and get the passes in the same visit.

SWR
Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
gadabout:

You must remember that your guests must have a pass if they are to use any Villages facility; i.e., rec center, pool, court of some sort. They don't necessarily have to be accompanied by you, but if you should go to soem function in a rec center to gether, they need the pass.

The pass is very easy to get at any of the Regional Rec Centers. All you'll need is the guests names, birthdate, home address nd length of stay, as well as your own Resident ID number. Usually, you can fill out the form and get the passes in the same visit.

SWR
I'm not sure, but is there a limit to how long a person can stay using a guest pass? Like so many days per year?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Sage

You might check with your neighborhood rec center what all the passes entail. There may be "some" limitations they can do. For instance, I'm not sure guests can use the sports pools (I could be wrong on this). When they use their passes they also will need a picture I.D. along as I.D.'s (both residents and guests) have been abused in the past.

Best wishes and have a good time with your friends!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Gold member

Here is the policy from TheVillages website:

https://gcs.thevillages.com/pol3.html
In reality, they're different!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I'm not sure, but is there a limit to how long a person can stay using a guest pass? Like so many days per year?
Yes, but don't remember how long. Seems to me to be about 60 to 90 days. Check with a rec center.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM

a guest pass is good for 30 days in any one year period. In other words, if your guest are staying for a 3 month visit they can only have 30 days worth of guest privlidges. They keep track by computer of the number of days.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
a guest pass is good for 30 days in any one year period. In other words, if your guest are staying for a 3 month visit they can only have 30 days worth of guest privlidges. They keep track by computer of the number of days.
Read the official TV link I posted above, paragraph on Issuance. It says that guest passes can be renewed after an initial 30 days and doesn't mention a time limit except for in area 1 year.
In reality, they're different!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Thanks everyone for all your responses. Yes, I did read that passes were for only 30 days--but hopefully, I will not need them that long
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
Read the official TV link I posted above, paragraph on Issuance. It says that guest passes can be renewed after an initial 30 days and doesn't mention a time limit except for in area 1 year.
Perhaps Applepie is confusing guest pass privileges with the 30 day rule which applies to children under 19.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

My sister and her friend are visiting The Villages, came to see my mom who lives at Sumter Place Assisted Living. I went on line to the district government site, filled out the on line form and then the guest passes are ready for pick up. You choose which place out of a number available for them to be picked up at. Took five minutes to complete it. The passes are ready in three days from requesting them on line.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
Thanks everyone for all your responses. Yes, I did read that passes were for only 30 days--but hopefully, I will not need them that long
lol, gadabout...I know the feeling.

I’d recommend getting the IDs for your guests. It’s an easy process and you never know when your visitors might want to go somewhere which requires an ID. Guest IDs are required for access to both the neighborhood and family pools. (Guests cannot use sports pools.) I believe that guests can attend classes in the Rec Centers, but residents have priority if the classes fill up. Not sure about the Life Long Learning College. The guest rate on the Championship Golf Courses are cheaper than the non-resident rate, and guests can also use the Executive Courses (for a fee). I know that residents get a reduced rate at the movie theaters...not sure about guests.

The easiest way to get a Guest ID is to apply online at https://gcs.thevillages.com/cgi-bin/gc100. You will need your Resident ID# and Pin#. You will also need your guests’ name, DOBs and addresses. If you apply online, you will need to do so at least 2 days prior to the day you want to pick them up and you can choose which regional rec center you want to pick the IDs up (on weekdays). Weekend pickup is limited to Saturday mornings at Lake Miona and Savannah Center.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Sage

Those with guest passes may only use the guest shower in your home. If they are caught in the shower in the master bath, their golf car driving driving privilege is revoked.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 PM

Unless they under the age of 19 guest passes can be renewed every 30 days
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
30 days
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.