Johnny Dee and The Starlights

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

A beautiful night and a nice crowd. Johnny Dee and the Starlights' last set tonight included a rendition of Buddy Holly's Oh, Boy! and Roy Orbison's I Got A Woman. Then a couple of slow tunes to get some cheek to cheek on the dance floor. Fun entertainment.

The Villages Florida
Old 08-29-2016, 07:31 PM

Saw them first the first time last night. Great group. Really enjoyed them. I think I saw where they were playing at Brownwood September 3. I think the entertainment at the squares has improved.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:46 PM

When the snowbirds get back you are going to have to get there early if you want a seat to see this group. They are now our favorites that play at the squares.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:06 PM

They announced they are playing a Christmas Show in December at Mt. Dora Live Theatre.

They are now regulars in the squares for now. They are one of the best groups I have seen anywhere.

The sound system at Sumter is really bad even though they just made improvements. I am not sure why the Squares do not rate a first class setup. I bet they sound great with their own gear. We have them booked for our Social Club.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
They announced they are playing a Christmas Show in December at Mt. Dora Live Theatre.

They are now regulars in the squares for now. They are one of the best groups I have seen anywhere.

The sound system at Sumter is really bad even though they just made improvements. I am not sure why the Squares do not rate a first class setup. I bet they sound great with their own gear. We have them booked for our Social Club.
I talked to a sound guy and mentioned the poor sound. He got out his IPad and made some improvements. That is basically the control panel now.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I talked to a sound guy and mentioned the poor sound. He got out his IPad and made some improvements. That is basically the control panel now.
The sound system has not gotten any better. Was at Sumter to watch Johnny Dee and the Starlights tuesday a week ago. I set center stage towards the back and Johnny's mic was awful. It sounded like they had way too much bass on it. Made him sound like he was down in a tunnel. I have been to every one of their performances so I know what he sounds like. I don't know if it is the system or the guy setting it up
Old 10-28-2016, 10:02 AM

Love this band -everything except the one original song they did. Hope to see them often in the squares!

Closed Thread

Tags
starlights, dee, johnny

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.