Kane's Furniture Store

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We just bought quite a bit of furniture from Kane's and the experience was very positive.

They were far and away the best furniture store we visited.

Unless you want to go really high end you can go right to Kane's.

Babettes and Kents were a bit above our price range.

Kane's is not cheap crap, but it's not real expensive either. It was perfect for us.

We looked at City Furniture, Rooms to Go and probably 15 others and none of them came close to what we saw and experienced at Kane's.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Gold member

I need to remember this! Hopefully, I will need to buy some furniture in the next year or so!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Default Kanes Furniture

We bought furniture from Kane's for our whole house in 2013. Very satisfied with their solid products. A handle came off of dresser (my fault, I kept opening with one side of dresser) and they came out and replaced it and left an extra one just in case it ever happened again. Great company to do business with.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In 2011 we bought a BR set, dinette and barstools at Southern Lifestyles and at Kane's of Ocala we bought a 3 piece leather living room set. We had a good experience with both stores.

The lifetime warranty at Kane's is correct. Our motorized loveseat quit working when it was about a year old. We called Kane's and a repairman came out and replaced the transformer and it has worked fine ever since.

When we were looking for recliners I had never considered motorized, I thought what's wrong with a handle or button that most recliners have. We use to have La-z-boy recliners with a handle and we liked them a lot. Once we tried the motorized recliners we were hooked. You can stop the recliners at any position whereas a manual recliners usually has just one or two stops for the chair.

Once we determined we wanted only a motorized reclining loveseat, we decided to check out Rooms to Go and Blockers since they are both within walking distance of Kane's. First off, Rooms to Go said they don't carry motorized loveseats. So we didn't need to look any further. At Blockers, motorized leather loveseats were priced $1200 to $1600, that was more than we wanted to spend. We went back to Kane's and the unit we liked was $1099 and we had a 10% off coupon, so that's one of the reasons we bought at Kane's.

I also have a sentimental reason I like Kane's. In 1959 when I was 9 years old I would have to spend my summer days at my dad's laundromat located at 8th St. and 1st Ave North in St. Petersburg. Kane's very first store opened in 1948 was located at 8th St. and Central Ave, we were right next door. The employees at Kane's had a break room in the back and an old time Coke machine with a push down handle and small 6oz bottle Cokes were only a nickel. They let me buy a Coke anytime I wanted and hang out. If you were to see about 50' to the left in this photo, you would see Sparkle Laundrette.

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 08-31-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:53 AM

Thank you everybody for such thoughtful responses! We have also had a couple of great experiences with Babbette's. In fact, I even contacted Tim and sent him photos of the furniture I was considering at Kane's to see if he could order it and I could just get it from Babbette's. As helpful as he was, that exact piece I could only get at Kane's. And now we are comfortable going there based upon all of your help! I especially enjoyed John's childhood memory of Kane's. I know that everybody can have different experiences. Kane's has 18 locations and sells a lot of furniture every month. Things can happen. But I will come back and let you know how it goes!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:46 AM

Hi we just bought a bedroom set from Kane's and overall happy with the quality and follow up from Kane's. They delivered on Sunday and even though they said between 11 to 3pm they arrived at 4:30 pm. They did call however to say they were running late .
Old 09-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Default Kanes

We had a real bad experience with Babbettes-the salesman did not know his products. We ordered an $11,000 bedroom set and conversations and emails with the salesman indicated that the bed came as complete. When it was delivered the delivery guy asked what we were going to put the mattress on as we did not order the base. A call to the salesman indicated that he made a mistake. The base was an additional $1700. The owner would only take 20% off which was what we got off anyway. I offered $1000
and the owner refused my offer. We did not accept delivery and were refunded our down payment. We went to the Amish Store in Wildwood and got the same bedroom set with the base and a better mattress for the same price Babbettes was asking without the base. The sales people at the Amish Store are very accommodating and can get a lot more furniture than what is on the sales floor.
Closed Thread

Tags
store, reputable, wondered, kind, villagers, experience, posts, found, furniture, kanes, buying

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.