Moving Back

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Moving Back

I'm sure some of you have dealt with friends/family who think "you were nuts to move to an old people place".

I have friends saying the same thing to me. These same people don't know what TV are all about nor do they want to take the time to know. I've given up on some of my friends and don't bother talking about it any longer. We not TV residents yet, hopefully next year we'll be.

Some have said "knowing you, you'll be back". They refer to the fact my kids and grandkids live within blocks of me and they don't think I can move away and stay away!

Just wondering, for the TV residents who had neighbors and friends who have moved back home - how often does it happen?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage
Default Re: Moving Back

It does happen...as often because an aging parent needs care as to be closer to kids and grandkids. I guess it depends on how you want to spend your golden years....very involved in day to day activities with kids and grandkids...or having fun for yourself with your peers? There is so much to do here and so many friendly people .... you should never be bored or lonely. But, if your family is all-consuming now, it might be hard to move away and start over.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Moving Back

Most of us have tried to tell people about The Villages and it is like trying to describe Disney World to someone who has only seen a county fair. After you get here and they come and visit they all say I had no idea but if you say that to them before they come they look at you like your the one who doesn't understand.

It is hard to hide your excitement before you move in but after your friends come and visit the look on their faces is worth it all. And the best part is after you get here you don't have time to concern yourself with what your friends back home think. Once a guy at the town square asked me if I liked it here. My answer was absolutely and I said just look at the smiles on the faces of everyone here.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.