Landscapers

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Default Landscapers

Has anyone out there used LOPEZ & HERNANDEZ to do your Landscaping job. If so did she ask for a deposit.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Sage

I've used the same landscaper for 41/2 year $135.00/qtr-no long term contract. Zoysia green for lawn & house pests. We've got the best lawn in the neighborhood.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I've used the same landscaper for 41/2 year $135.00/qtr-no long term contract. Zoysia green for lawn & house pests. We've got the best lawn in the neighborhood.
I've had Zoysia Green for over 5 years. I agree, they are very good.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Do not give a deposit to any landscaper. Most do not collect until the job is done. If they can not afford to but the materials find a different landscaper!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Yes, she did to buy the materials. Hard workers but impossible to get back after work is done to fix any problems. Would never answer phone. Would not recommend.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:59 PM

Used them 2 years ago, horrible, will not get back to you. Had to spend a large additional amount of money to correct their work. Beware beware
Old 01-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

We used them, after several of the neighbors did also. She did ask for a deposit, and the work was completed better then we expected. Another neighbor had there landscaping done by her based on our experience, and they were satisfied. Both of our projects came our really nice.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Riders View Post
Has anyone out there used LOPEZ & HERNANDEZ to do your Landscaping job. If so did she ask for a deposit.
I don't know how many reply's you've received, but Lopez Hernandez Inc. just completed our landscaping. She did request a 10% deposit, indicated when they would start and when they would complete the job at which time we would pay the balance. They said what they were going to do and did what they said. We are very satisfied with their work and would give them a high rating. Pam, the owner of the business was very particular about the tree's, shrubs and flowers that were used and if she felt they did not work well with the overall appearance she replaced them without us asking her to do so.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:28 AM

Sounds to me like some are commenting on their experiences with "landscapers", while others are commenting about service they have had/do have with "lawn services" people. To me, these are apples & oranges and the OP should be careful how to evaluate what people are posting. Obviously, this is a message board and stuff like this happens all the time, and it can get confusing.

I also think that the time frames that posters indicate their experiences are from can be important as some outfits may have gotten their act together, hired different staff, changed bosses, etc., and today's services may be better (or worse) than that expressed by the poster offering the info.

In general, as has been said on TOTV many times, other than a modest deposit to get the job rolling (as described by some already), any outfit asking for sizable deposits prior to doing any work should be avoided.
Closed Thread

Tags
job, deposit, landscaping, lopez, hernandez, landscapers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.