Lanai enlargements

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Default Lanai enlargements

Has anyone with a corner villa ever made the lani bigger? I don't mean with a bird cage but with a roof extension? Or added on a golf cart garage with any success? I'm just in the thinking stage and would love some feedback as I explore the options.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
Has anyone with a corner villa ever made the lani bigger? I don't mean with a bird cage but with a roof extension? Or added on a golf cart garage with any success? I'm just in the thinking stage and would love some feedback as I explore the options.
There are a number of corner villas that have added garages. The one nearest me added a garage that probably is wide enough to park two cars, but they park two golf carts in it with lots of room to spare on the sides. Everyone that I have seen is done in such a way that it matches the house perfectly, so I'm sure the architectural plan receives quite a bit of scrutiny before it is approved.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 AM

We are in the process of getting estimates to make our lanai larger. The roof line would have to be changed. The extension would be 15 x 4 ft. That's the most our corner lot would allow. We have called 3 companies and only received an estimate from 1. Much more expensive than we were expecting. This one estimate came in at $32,000. That does not include the sliding enclosures.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:56 PM

we added a large golf cart garage and a sunroom to our corner villa - we love it.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit53 View Post
We are in the process of getting estimates to make our lanai larger. The roof line would have to be changed. The extension would be 15 x 4 ft. That's the most our corner lot would allow. We have called 3 companies and only received an estimate from 1. Much more expensive than we were expecting. This one estimate came in at $32,000. That does not include the sliding enclosures.
Your $32,000 estimate sounds ridiculous.
We are adding a complete room on to our house and it isn't that high.
Call John Mellado, owner of San Mella Construction. 352-504-2676

He used to build in TV and subsequently formed his own construction company.
All he does are renovations and additions. He know the ropes!

Good luck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.