Legal battle brewing over golf-cart access

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
As to outsiders using Villager amenity facilities. I have lived here for 17 years ans have NEVER known a outsider to intentionally sneak in to use our pools and such.
Warren: Its like the Voter ID debate there isn't any fraud until you begin to pay attention to the issue.

This Gate-gate debate isn't about anything but the fact that non-villagers had access to multi-modal pathways and various amenities until the gate was erected and they are going to use every method they can to gain that access back. also keep in mind you have many people who have rental property here and are loaning their gate passes to friends. We are not complete at build out and already the multi-modal paths look like I-4.

some folks will blink and deflate some will get upset but nothing will be done and if it isn't addressed we will be the biggest losers
Old 10-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
I thought the VA Clinic was in Mulberry Grove
I was just relaying some of the fears mentioned in related articles on that other site about amenity use stealers, access to the Veterans Hospital by Stonecrest residents, and other related matters to the general question of non-villagers not being able to use various gates for whatever reason.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 PM

I guess I do not get it. It seems like the MM paths are private property and controlled by the developer and should be able to dictate use.

Why is the local government even involved in the issue ?

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 10-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Sage
An update was just posted on that other site that states Brown has spent $100,000 for a study on a new development on the property he owns and is looking for golf cart access for that development. The property is behind the recently built assisted living facility.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
An update was just posted on that other site that states Brown has spent $100,000 for a study on a new development on the property he owns and is looking for golf cart access for that development. The property is behind the recently built assisted living facility.
What other site are you talking about that is posting updates on this topic?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
What other site are you talking about that is posting updates on this topic?
We are not permitted to post it on this site, but it is an on-line site for Villages news.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Gold member

Have we ever received an explanation from the moderator as to why we cannot mention the name of the site?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Have we ever received an explanation from the moderator as to why we cannot mention the name of the site?
Yesterday in the Car Chase thread.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
We are not permitted to post it on this site, but it is an on-line site for Villages news.
I read the article to which you are referring. I don't see how his spending money for engineering surveys or any other construction expenditures have any thing to do with requesting access to neighboring private property. Is there any specific reference to the infamous gate people are refering to. I don't understand what he thinks he could sue for. Does that mean if I buy adjoining property next to the villages I could do the same? I just don't see this going very far.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Back to the topic of the potential loss of private use of the MM pathways. I for one take this very seriously, and have no doubt that our friends from the 2 (55+) communities on 441 are somehow involved-hope that I am wrong. But I can't understand why it is so important for Mr. Johnson to have golf cart access to that 1 parcel of land. Unless one of the previous posters is right who mentoned that he is getting a lot of flack from the assisted living home who thought they were going to have golf cart accessibility to TV. Does anyone know if we need to attend the Town Hall meeting tomorrow night to show that we are not in favor of opening up access to our MM pathways to the general public??
Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
snipped Does anyone know if we need to attend the Town Hall meeting tomorrow night to show that we are not in favor of opening up access to our MM pathways to the general public??
If you do not attend the meeting, and others also fail to attend, how will anyone other than us readers know how you feel?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
If you do not attend the meeting, and others also fail to attend, how will anyone other than us readers know how you feel?

My point exactly.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I read the article to which you are referring. I don't see how his spending money for engineering surveys or any other construction expenditures have any thing to do with requesting access to neighboring private property. Is there any specific reference to the infamous gate people are refering to. I don't understand what he thinks he could sue for. Does that mean if I buy adjoining property next to the villages I could do the same? I just don't see this going very far.
DonH57 - If you remember the bruhaha that resulted from the wall and the Lady Lake rationale for implementing the access gate, my take is that Mr. Brown might be prepared to sue over that decision.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
Does anyone know if we need to attend the Town Hall meeting tomorrow night to show that we are not in favor of opening up access to our MM pathways to the general public??
According to OP, the meeting is tomorrow morning, not night.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Gold member

Meeting is tomorrow MORNING per article:

Property owner Ron Brown’s quest to have golf cart access to The Villages will go before the Lady Lake Commission on Thursday morning.

Commissioners meet in special session at 9 a.m. at Lady Lake Town Hall.

Brown has indicated to Lady Lake officials that he has spent $100,000 in engineering costs to get approval from Lake County officials for a new development on his property, located in the vicinity behind Lowe’s and the new Harbor Chase assisted living.

Brown has indicated he will file a lawsuit if he is unable to come to an agreement with the town.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.