Lifelong Learning Center

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 AM

So once again the selfish, greedy demands of a few result in punishment of the rest of us! As we age there are of course things we are no longer able to participate in. My back problems prevent me from playing more than 9 holes of golf. Maybe I should sue because of this. I am entitled to 18 holes because that's how many there are damnit. Screw those who brought this action. Someone list who they are!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

As the saying goes there just has to be more to the story than is currently available.

Too many options that could have come forth from the majority of interested residents were not entertained, before concluding closure to be the best solution.

I was of the opinion that the good of the residents was a priority......not the will of a few lawyered up complaintents.

The powers that be in TV know well what the reaction of the residents would be, hence there must be more to the reason for the conclusion than is being made available to the public.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM

How horrible for the rest of us!. Some people cannot be placated, no matter what.
But things like this closing will just embolden people to file more lawsuits. Sad!. Now we have achieved more of the aim of liberals everywhere -- shared misery!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Gold member

I'm really disappointed in this news. I'm only here for two months and am currently taking two classes and signed up this week for a third class! I am supposed to have three more sessions with these two classes? Both of these instructors are excellent and I feel sorry for them and the other instructors. I guess I need to call the instructors to see what is going on.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Look around the bubble is breaking not like it was 5-10 years ago

They need to drop the slogan Fla's Friendliest Home Town

Change it to It's All About Me Village
Old 12-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl1949 View Post
So once again the selfish, greedy demands of a few result in punishment of the rest of us! As we age there are of course things we are no longer able to participate in. My back problems prevent me from playing more than 9 holes of golf. Maybe I should sue because of this. I am entitled to 18 holes because that's how many there are damnit. Screw those who brought this action. Someone list who they are!
Thats not really fair.....Blind..Deaf...physically challenged all should be able to enjoy life together.

"The needs of the few outweight the needs of the many..."
I guess this isn't star trek....
get on it Morse family...Make it so....
Old 12-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Yep they sure are our neighbors! Just look at the beginning of the suit: SCHWARZ v. THE VILLAGES CHARTER SCHOOL, INC. | Case No. 5:12-cv-177-Oc-34PRL. | Leagle.com.

to see who they are.

And to see that this was a "gold mining" operation just see who the 32 tried to sue - The Holding Co. the VCCD, Rge Sumter CCD and any one else they could think of.

Read further down and you'll see the judge threw out everything but the VCS the "owners" of the LLLC. Thus the VCXhad to capitulate or lose thousands in court costs.

Thanks 32 now you won't need to worry about hearing and with an aid in one ear and a cochlear implant in the other I feel fine saying that.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl1949 View Post
Look here SCHWARZ v. THE VILLAGES CHARTER SCHOOL, INC. | Case No. 5:12-cv-177-Oc-34PRL. | Leagle.com.

any you can read all 32 names!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Someone please publish the names of those responsible for the legal action and killing of a wonderful resource for their own spiteful reasons so the Villagers may 'thank' them.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Gold member

Interesting to note that the lawsuit was filed against the The Villages Charter School dba The Lifelong Learning College. While the LLC says it is a break even operation, The Villages Charter school which receives Sate and Federal funding is not. The LLC is using the premises of the Charter School, which is why they were named in the suit.

Could it be possible to resurrect the LLC somewhere other than the Charter school? TV would need to step up with a plan and funds to do this, but I'm not holding my breathe.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

I feel sorry for the instructors who depend on the money they make to augment their own retirements.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65 View Post
Someone please publish the names of those responsible for the legal action and killing of a wonderful resource for their own spiteful reasons so the Villagers may 'thank' them.
They are all listed at the beginning of the link (Plaintiffs) that duhbear put in his post.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

WHAT!!!

I am reading this from afar right now so I do not have the newspaper article, but from what I am reading here, I am beyond disappointed.

I love those classes! I have taken many!

Last edited by Boomer; 12-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Thats not really fair.....Blind..Deaf...physically challenged all should be able to enjoy life together.

"The needs of the few outweight the needs of the many..."
I guess this isn't star trek....
get on it Morse family...Make it so....
You cannot fight the force of the Federal Government and lobbyists. I am so angry. I saw this coming just from posts on this Forum. In my opinion, this is an example of an agency that has overstepped it's goals and in this case thrown the baby out with the bath water. I am so mad at the ADA right now. And the people who brought this suit. Anyone who knows me well know what my priorities are but this is just BS, in MY very humble opinion. The needs of MANY older people have been ignored for someone's narrow campaign.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I feel sorry for the instructors who depend on the money they make to augment their own retirements.
not saying anything derogatory in regards to your comment but...

my twirler teacher said she was only being paid $45 for the 6 week class she taught...... and we met in a vacant storefront in spanish springs.

Not much compensation for her considering there were 8 classmates paying between $35 and $55 each to the LLC.
Closed Thread

Tags
center, learning, lifelong

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.