Lifestyles Consignment Shop

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thumbs down Lifestyles Consignment Shop

Dear fellow Villagers, Just want to share with you that if you had furniture or accessories at Lifestyles Consignment Shop just past Marion Flea Market on the 27/441, they are no longer at that place. I noticed recently that they were not advertising in the paper any more. We went up there today and the store is painted orange, sign removed, and the store is empty. I came home and checked and their shop is not listed in the June phonebook. I contacted a neighbor that I knew who had items there and they are contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office. I knew that the owner's husband had been having health problems, but do not understand how anyone can move out and not let the consigners know and still be able to sleep at night. I could have given the items to Habitat for Humanity and been much better off.

From Liberty, MO
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

Look forward to seeing what you find out. Please keep us posted.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 PM

I have several hundred dollars worth of furniture with Lifestyles Consignment. I went out there several times to collect my money. Much of the furniture had been solld. Each time I was given an excuse why she could not pay me at that time. I finally was given $200, with the promise that i would soon receive a check for the balance. I called every day for 2 weeks without a return call. I finally left a message saying that if I did not hear from her within 24 hours, I would call the police. She called back within 15 minutes!! Her story was that she had lost her lease on the building and that she was negotiating for a larger place in Ocala. She also told me that she had mailed a notice to all consigners that day telling them of her "transition". That was a month ago..............no notice received, of course. I too will contact the BBB and the AG's office. If there are enough of us in the Villages, perhaps we could do something as a group. Pls let us hear from those of you who have been affected by this flim flam.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I was burned like that when I made my move from Minnesota. so now I donate my furntiure and take a deduction or sell it outright.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum member

I had items at Lifestyles. The next to the last time I checked, her husband was tending the store, though he has health problems limiting his activity, and she was to be admitted to the hospital. The next thing I know, they are closed. I did not receive a notice or payment.

I doubt if I will receive any money from her, but would like to get my items back, if they are just sitting in a garage somewhere.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Default Lifestyle Consignment

We also gave Patricia furniture, pictures and accessories in January and have not heard one word from her. We contacted her on several occassions, and she always managed to call back when no one was home to take the call. So we also took a ride and found the property empty and only a phone number listed on the door. We will contact the BBB and the AG. We will keep everyone informed and hope they will keep us informed as well.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Default Phone number????

Was that phone number 352-307-4492 or 352-804-2008?

All I get is a recording that they will call back, but haven't.

I am very frustrated!

From Liberty, MO
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM

How about this...

Quote:
PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
(POA)
in The Villages

Seniors vs. Crime

If you have a problem related to financial losses due to scams by dishonest vendors, salespeople, or contractors consider contacting the Senior Sleuths (Seniors vs. Crime) for help:

Sumter and North Lake Counties

Sheriff's Annex -- Sumter County
8035 E. County Road 466
The Villages, FL 32162
352-753-2799, ext. 4253

Marion County

Sheriff's Annex
8230 SE 165th Street -- CR 42
The Villages, FL 32162
352-753-7775

The hours and open days vary by location, so call for details. Wednesdays are best, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
http://www.poa4us.org/seniorsvscrime.html
Old 07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Default Update

Thanks Shadow. Contacting Seniors Versus Crime is on my list for next week after talking with a Marion County Sheriff Deputy. She stated it was a civil manner versus criminal matter.

My friend and I went on a information seeking ride this afternoon. We have found out that the store was emptied out at night, they did not pay the owner any rent on the place, she did not pay her lawyer, she has been running scams like this all over Florida since 1974, she opened up this business in her son's and her name, and she has been arrested for similar charges in other counties. Of course this is heresay....but one individual has documented her actions very well.

But she is still out in public running the same scams.

My advice is to turn it into Seniors Versus Crime office ASAP.

From Liberty, MO
Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Platinum member

And she seemed like the most honest and nicest person.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Default Seemed to be a nice grandmother type!

I know!! She seemed to be like the nicest grandmother a kid would ever want to have. Found looks can be deceiving.

From Liberty, MO
Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The Shadow has the right idea but, unfortunately, the wrong telephone number for the Sumter Office of Seniors Vs Crime. They changed when the Sumter County Commissioners moved out of the building to their new building near Wildwood. The new phone number for the Sumter County Office of Seniors Vs Crime is 689-4600, Extension 4606. The location remains unchanged - Government Annex Building at Morse and CR 466, co-located with the Sumter County Sheriff's Department.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.