Privacy fencing

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Default Privacy fencing

Are there restrictions on putting up privacy fencing? I saw a home online recently in one of the villages that had white pvc fencing. I was under the impression the only homes with this were the courtyard villas. We have a dog, and this is a priority in our decision-making.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Gold member

There is a small area in Hemingway with fences - probably just a trial by TV to see how sales would go.

I think the deed restrictions prohibit fences, or at least state that you must get permission. You can go to the District Gov website and download the deed restrictions for each village.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

With the exception of the neighborhood that BogeyBoy mentioned, I believe that Courtyard Villas are the only homes which have totally enclosed back yards. Perhaps the property you saw online backed up to a courtyard villa? Those are nice lots because you have either the vinyl fence or stone wall behind you, however, you still cannot add fencing to enclose the rest of the yard.

There are plenty of dog owners who live in non-CYVs. They walk their dogs and take them to dog parks. Personally, I chose a CYV specifically because of our dog.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage

Some folks get the "invisible fencing" for their dogs as well. Fences aren't allowed here, unfortunately!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Veteran member

We fell in love with the style of the designer homes BUT needed a fence. We went back and forth on what to do because of our dogs. We knew we were not going to be happy having to walk our dogs ALL the time so we chose a CYV because of the dogs. An invisible fence won't work with our sighthounds so we didn't have a choice there. Just like we made decisions based on school districts when the kids were young, we made this decision based on our dogs. In the long run it will make our lives easier on those days when we don't feel like walking them and they can just go out the door and potty by themselves. It's all a choice you make. For us the doggy door we will install will give us the freedom that will trump any style designer house.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

My understanding is that you can fence in an area that does not extend beyond the boundries of the existing structure. In other words, if you have a lanai that extends behind the home, as in the Amarillo, you could fence the area from the back of the lanai to the side of the home and be in compliance. I have seen pictures of a few that did this. I am sure you would need to request permission from the CDD.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
My understanding is that you can fence in an area that does not extend beyond the boundries of the existing structure. In other words, if you have a lanai that extends behind the home, as in the Amarillo, you could fence the area from the back of the lanai to the side of the home and be in compliance. I have seen pictures of a few that did this. I am sure you would need to request permission from the CDD.
The ones I have noticed like that are wrought iron and decorative. It would contain smaller dogs, but not big ones.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Gold member

Other than courtyard villas, the village of Hemingway is the only place where the developer built homes with fences. They are ranch homes and I believe all are on Nash Loop. There are currently two pre-owned ranches with fences on the TV pre-owned homes for sale website. I'm in the same boat as you - I have a four year old beagle who wants to be outside all the time, and I'm not about to retire and spend my days walking the dog. So I need a fenced yard too.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Other than courtyard villas, the village of Hemingway is the only place where the developer built homes with fences. They are ranch homes and I believe all are on Nash Loop. There are currently two pre-owned ranches with fences on the TV pre-owned homes for sale website. I'm in the same boat as you - I have a four year old beagle who wants to be outside all the time, and I'm not about to retire and spend my days walking the dog. So I need a fenced yard too.
The dogs rule our lives...what can we say. We bought a CYV purely for the doggie's benefit.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:28 PM

I visited TV in 2011 and have been planning to move there as soon as I retire. Currently living in PA. Can anyone explain how the bond works? Is it better to pay it off quicker, or perhaps buy a home with the bond already paid?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Depending on how active your dog is, you can simulate a fence with shrubs/hedging, planters, or use in combination with an electric fence.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURFORPC View Post
I visited TV in 2011 and have been planning to move there as soon as I retire. Currently living in PA. Can anyone explain how the bond works? Is it better to pay it off quicker, or perhaps buy a home with the bond already paid?
Here is one of many, many threads on bond payment. Just do a search on bond payoff, to get more threads........lots of different opinions on this topic.
Pay off Bond or Not?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We looked at one of those house. Good idea it just looked odd to have a fence
Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Default reply

Edit

Last edited by gamby; 06-02-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 AM

I hope TV never allow fences. The beauty of TV would be diminished. We are in the process of adopting a dog and before we do an invisible fence will be put in. Please keep the beauty in TV.
Janet
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.