Looking for Pictures

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2016, 06:20 AM

Wait until fall, then go to all the art shows. You'll find some great original art.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:49 PM

check out my classified for a beach framed picture
Old 05-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Look on line at allposters.com. Evey painting imaginable in every size. You may buy just the artwork and have it framed here or they will frame it to your liking.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Don't forget about going on line to Kirkland's. They have way more on line than they have in the stores and the prices are great. You can return them in the store if you don't like them. Pier one has nice pictures but they are pricey. Also I know a friend who bought hers at Market of Marion Flea Market.
I have to tell you about my experience with Kirklands. I never even heard of this store until last week.

I went online and saw two large pictures that I liked for my dining room. I was thrilled when I saw they had both of them at Lady Lake. I went to the store and purchased the two pictures and asked if I could come back later in the day to get them -- not a problem. (Mom's walker was in the van and I didn't have room for the pictures.). The manager had a sheepish look on her face when I went back a couple of hours later. She fell in their stockroom and broke one of my pictures and several other items! So, they credited my account and I had to go home and order a new picture online! I hope it comes in soon as my time is limited! She said she got a cut from the broken glass but, thankfully nothing serious.

I also got two small pictures in beautiful frames at the Markets of Marion. I got them for 1/2 price as they are having a sale right now!

I'm still looking for more pictures! Any and all ideas are appreciated!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:45 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

You might enjoy the offerings at Shop Home Decor, Window Treatments, Lighting, Rugs & more - BedBathandBeyond.com

A friend found the piece she wanted - went to the Lady Lake store and ordered it shipped to the store - it arrived in less than a week and could be inspected right there to make sure it was okay to purchase - paid for it and took it home!

Old 05-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,016 Times in 1,205 Posts

I may have some photos from around The Villages you could enlarge if you don't mind framing them. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I love allposters.com. Lots of different things. Reasonably priced. Framed or not framed.
What a fantastic idea. I used a similar store and did my Man Cave in Godfather and other movie themes. Allposters is an unbelievable resource to freshen up the look when we arrive and less for me to carefully pack here. Thank You Villager Joyce. This is the simple part. Beautiful homemade frames really do the trick.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What a fantastic idea. I used a similar store and did my Man Cave in Godfather and other movie themes. Allposters is an unbelievable resource to freshen up the look when we arrive and less for me to carefully pack here. Thank You Villager Joyce. This is the simple part. Beautiful homemade frames really do the trick.
I have seen such a room. In a home of a frequent poster here. It has Frank Sinatra too. That poster has great taste.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default If You Can Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I'm not sure this is the right thread but here goes--

I'm in the process of furnishing my home and I need some large pictures -- mainly for my dining area. I've looked at every store I can think of but can't seem to find any. I saw a couple at Kirlands but they didn't fit my decor. I actually need several pictures/wall hangings but I'd really be happy if I found something for the dining room on this trip!

Does anyone have any idea where I might look for larger pictures?
If you can wait--and I'd stongly recommend that you do--you will find some terrific art produced by members of several Villages clubs available at various art fairs held throughut the year. The Villages Photography Club, TV Art League and TV Art Association have extremely talented artists who sell their work, almost certainly more reasonably than at local retailers.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:24 AM

Try Bargains and Treasures on 466 and 301 behind AutoZone, next to railroad tracks. The pictures already come framed. I've found some great artwork there.
Closed Thread

Tags
pictures, dining, hangings, pictures/wall, fit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.