Loud exhaust explanation...

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Thumbs down Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Throaty is good. Understated is always a good good place to be. A little wail, Porsche or Ferrari style, is good also. Loud for the sake of loud, is well, just loud.
LOUD is also very inconsiderate of your neighbors!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway View Post
Many people enjoy the sound of

In my opinion there is nothing sweeter than the sound of an American V8 with
dual exhausts and glass pack mufflers. I'm not showing off ( could care less if people
enjoy the sound or not)
I will be gone in a few seconds.
My 1991 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 with its Flowmaster Duals is music to my ears and from
the many car clubs in TV I'm not alone in my feelings.
Therein lies the problem.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Default When it comes to motorcycles...

LOUD pipes save lives...it's amazing how invisible a motorcycle can be at an intersection.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat714 View Post
LOUD pipes save lives...it's amazing how invisible a motorcycle can be at an intersection.
Is there a study behind that, or is it an opinion?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Exclamation Some haven't grown up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You hit the nail squarely on its head! Sadly, some people do not realize that the majority don't appreciate their NOISE. I wonder how these inconsiderates react to screaming children and excess imbibers in restaurants while they're trying to enjoy a peaceful meal.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Lot's of cagers hatin' on our free spirit. You people can sit around and knit socks. We bikers are gonna RUMBLE. Deep down, you know you want to...
Old 09-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Thumbs up Excellent analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with most bikers...there are those who think as you do though...they think they're special in some weird way because they ride a motorcycle... how immature can a person possibly be? The complaint is that some bikers with loud bikes think they're a cut above everyone else, when in fact their just immature Aholes who think it's okay to subject anyone and everyone to their idea of how life should be...that would be loud and obnoxious...since you obviously don't understand physics it begs the question of how intelligent bikers who think their loud exhaust saves lives...why not just opt for a really loud horn...oh yeah...then they wouldn't be able to show how little they think of people around them and the fact that their noise shows little or no concern for others.

Bottom line....loud exhausts not only do not save lives the Aholes that use them are just a bit below average on the intelligence scale when it comes to common sense and treating others with the same respect they themselves seem to demand...

Buy a loud horn...oh sorry that wouldn't be manly and show the outlaw morality would it?
Your response is right on the money. Sadly, we live with too many inconsiderate, immature, children in adult bodies.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbbb View Post
Your response is right on the money. Sadly, we live with too many inconsiderate, immature, children in adult bodies.
And then there are those who really never live at all. They just exist.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBagger View Post
No doubt you've never had the experience of nearly being run over by a villages who can't see the motorcycle, can't hear the motorcycle, or just doesn't care about the motorcyclists well being. Weather you agree or not, loud pipes save lives!
If loud pipes save lives, why do so many people get hit by trains? )
Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 PM

When I was a young man my car was loud my motorcycle was load and my radio was loud. I loved the fact it disturbed and ****ed everyone in the neighborhood off. They could always hear me coming and knew it was me. Now I don't want all the noise. I grew up I guess. I have been riding for over 40 years and have been riding goldwings since I got older which don't make as much noise as some cars and if anything I have had fewer people not see me. Maybe it is the way I ride now or maybe the size of the bike that gets me noticed. I would hate to think people we gunning for me before because of my loud pipes. As someone already pointed out facts don't support the extreme loud pipes do anything but make the rider feel good. When I ride with people with loud pipes I put them in the back so I can enjoy a peaceful ride.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
And then there are those who really never live at all. They just exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
My son changed his Harley so that it is loud...no idea what that process is. When I asked him why he told me that it was for his safety. It is bad enough that car and truck drivers don't always "see" bikers. He has been close to getting hit several times and none were his fault. For many bikers being loud is just another way they have of staying alive. Do I like those loud bikes? No! But I would much rather my son stay safe on highways that are riddled with seniors who have poor eyesight and severe loss of hearing.

What a load of BS, try following behind him as much as half a mile back on an interstate and see if you enjoy the noise from his toy still coming at you....even at that distance.

Probably lucky ticked off people don't intentionally go after them more....

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 09-07-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Exactly. Me….me….me…..me. There seems to be a very immature, anti-social and insecure misunderstanding of 'individualism' among some in TV.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Years View Post
Maybe it is the way I ride now or maybe the size of the bike that gets me noticed. I would hate to think people we gunning for me before because of my loud pipes.

As someone already pointed out facts don't support the extreme loud pipes do anything but make the rider feel good.

When I ride with people with loud pipes I put them in the back so I can enjoy a peaceful ride.

Right on.....

Would be nice if everyone could enjoy a peaceful ride in their cars as well........
Old 09-08-2015, 05:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
What a load of BS, try following behind him as much as half a mile back on an interstate and see if you enjoy the noise from his toy still coming at you....even at that distance.

Probably lucky ticked off people don't intentionally go after them more....

I raising the BS flag on this one. I seriously doubt you can hear anything a half mile in front of you while driving at interstate speed.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Not only Harleys' but muscle cars also express freedom. Can't wait to bring my 5th gen Camaro down and open up those electronic cutouts!

For me, it's the the sweet sound of my L79's mechanical lifters & chambered exhaust at idle.
Closed Thread

Tags
loud, villages, exhausts, explanation, exhaust

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.