Moving south of 466A vs. staying North

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Default Moving south of 466A vs. staying North

What advantages/disadvantages of moving from Central location Sabal Chase? bond, taxes, expenses in general. Is it worth it? What do you all think? Would appreciate input.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

We had lived in TV for about eight years when we moved south of 466A. There are "good" neighbors both north and south! For the most part, the newer and younger residents are south of 466A. Of course, south is where the "new". Homes are currently built. Suddenly we were among the oldest on the block!

Our church was further away---we didn't care for that. Some of our favorite shopping was also further away. However, more and more shopping will eventually come south of 466A.

Bottom line---it came down to wanting a "newer" house. It's a matter of preference. This wasn't our first move---not our last either---we have moved many times before!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

There is no specific answer or formula as there are as many reasons to move or not move as there are individuals.

The move or not is driven by ones personal needs/wants/desires. there certainly is not going to be any financial difference of significance to make the decision.

What do you want to do or accomplish? That will be your determinant.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer14 View Post
What advantages/disadvantages of moving from Central location Sabal Chase? bond, taxes, expenses in general. Is it worth it? What do you all think? Would appreciate input.

Thanks
I personally wouldn't want to leave where we are in Hadley. I feel we have a central location to the squares and to shopping. I have thought about having a different house though and always thought I would just find another house in our same neighborhood or close by that I liked better. Do think about it though that with a new house comes new neighbors, your neighbors expanding their houses and becoming closer to yours, because it seems like if there is room for expansion it will be done eventually. Luckily our neighbors have all expanded as far out as they can so things will remain the same as far as that goes. Then there are all of the upgrades you would want to do if you bought a new home. Those can get pretty expensive.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
I think you are asking for a personal opinion, not guidance on what you should do?
Because of course if you want a new home, you have to move where they are being built.

If I lived in central Sabal Chase, I wouldn't consider moving south of CR466A.
I think mid Villages is much preferable to far north or far south.
Living centrally allows you to enjoy all of the town squares, a choice of many golf courses nearby, The Villages School Learning Center, the Savanah Center, Church on The Square, the private dog park (DDRR), restaurants on CR 466 like Bonefish, as well as restaurants on 441, etc.
Of course you can do all those things from far north or far south, but it takes longer, especially in a golf cart.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think you are asking for a personal opinion, not guidance on what you should do?
Because of course if you want a new home, you have to move where they are being built.

If I lived in central Sabal Chase, I wouldn't consider moving south of CR466A.
I think mid Villages is much preferable to far north or far south.
Living centrally allows you to enjoy all of the town squares, a choice of many golf courses nearby, The Villages School Learning Center, the Savanah Center, Church on The Square, the private dog park (DDRR), restaurants on CR 466 like Bonefish, as well as restaurants on 441, etc.
Of course you can do all those things from far north or far south, but it takes longer, especially in a golf cart.
I really like the Sabal Chase area as I do in Caroline where I live. I like the ease of going to Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs. I like the big choice of restaurants here.

I could make a profit on my house if I moved but then would pay a higher price plus bond on a new home. No, thanks, but I will stay right here.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:55 AM

I don't think it is so much a financial decision as it is personal preference. I like it south 466A with new to The Villages neighbors, new homes and a new growing Brownwood.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran member

Homes in Lake county have no bond. the districts 1-4 have lower bonds. bonds are determined by the number of houses in the district, district 5 was almost half of 6. If you want a new house in the Villages you have to pay what is asked. North of 466 the homes are older an may have lower taxes, you can look up any taxes on the sumter county website, it's all public record. I doubt there is any saving other tan the bond and maybe tax.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:47 PM

I'm sure there are many wonderful homes and people in both areas. We bought in August and will move in February to a new home in Lake Deaton, south of 466A. We are younger so wanted to live there. I can tell you the one thing I think that is wonderful about north of 466A is the maturity of the landscaping. I know that will come in time down south, but it is absolutely beautiful up north. Another advantage of being up north is that is where most of the churches are. But we love where are are and feel lucky to be there.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:

Thanks
It all comes down to one question. "what do you want to do"?

You can buy a home north of 466 with little or no bond, and be closer to shopping and doctor's. Possibly be a little closer to two squares but much farther away from Brownwood square, and have a home with mature landscaping.

If you are constantly annoyed with your location, it may be best to move. You can wait to see how 466A develops and more places of interest, appeal to your liking.

I hate moving, so I will stay put, as I like where I live.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-23-2014, 04:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Funny thing about new homes once you moved in there not new anymore and you've paid full price..I like it far north, the squares got old real quick for me. About the same distance to SP or LS where I live, Most places we shop right down CR42 to 441 less than three miles. Course my car gets almost as good gas mileage as gas golf cart so driving not problem for us. WAY to many south of 466/466a for me and it's not even snowy owl season yet. As said above "it's personal choice or preference" I really wanted to live in "Hickory Head Hammock" but do to certain restraints that was out:
Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Sage

I would not be living that far south of 466A--You want to live in the Villages not Wildwood
Old 10-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

New homes and newish homes (most of the homes here are less than 12 years old) are priced VERY similarly. If the bond is paid, it is included in the price of the home and if it isn't, it adds up the same. Choose the home you love.

All homes are placed where you can drive to golf courses and the grocery and to the doctor. We have dozens of public pools and many regional rec centers and many neighborhood rec centers. We have restaurants all over.

I cannot think of any BIG benefit to living any particular place. It's all good.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Moser View Post
Funny thing about new homes once you moved in there not new anymore and you've paid full price..I like it far north, the squares got old real quick for me. About the same distance to SP or LS where I live, Most places we shop right down CR42 to 441 less than three miles. Course my car gets almost as good gas mileage as gas golf cart so driving not problem for us. WAY to many south of 466/466a for me and it's not even snowy owl season yet. As said above "it's personal choice or preference" I really wanted to live in "Hickory Head Hammock" but do to certain restraints that was out:
excellent answer. The very reasons you gave for living in the far north were huge turnoffs for us (especially the lack of pools). It definitely is a matter of choice or preference.

I don't understand the snobbishness some folks (not referring to you RC) have on this site concerning Fruitland Park and Wildwood. Lady Lake and Oxford seem to have quite a bit of poverty too.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
I don't understand the snobbishness some folks ..... have on this site concerning Fruitland Park and Wildwood. Lady Lake and Oxford seem to have quite a bit of poverty too.
The Villages is surrounded by less affluent communities. It's not just Wildwood.
I'm not sure why that town has a bad reputation or whether it's justified.
But I betcha someone will be posting crime statistics shortly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.