Moving south of 466A vs. staying North

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I cannot think of any BIG benefit to living any particular place. It's all good.

And that says it all.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

I love my house. It is in The Villages!!!

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 10-24-2014, 04:21 AM

all places are good. Maybe you are just restless and need to move
Old 10-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Gold member

We love it south 466A! We wanted new and were able to build custom. (Lucky to get in under the wire!)
We really like the open space due to the golf courses and large nature preserves in the area south of 466A. It will never be as densely populated as the northern areas. �� We really like the open space.
Publix on 44 is open now and more retailers to come! It's exciting to watch the growth.
Brownwood square will be vibrant and diverse!
We have 2 electric carts, and despite what you may read re electric vs gas, we go to Spanish Springs, over the GC bridge to Paradise park, to Nancy Lopez and of course Lake Sumter with no problem from our home off of Pinellas.
We drive our car to Lowes and Home Depot of course. But would drive to those type stores no matter where we live.
We certainly don't feel too far away from anything!!
Despite loving our location, I think any place in The Villages is great. This is simply a fabulous place to live!
Old 10-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We love it south 466A! We wanted new and were able to build custom. (Lucky to get in under the wire!)
We really like the open space due to the golf courses and large nature preserves in the area south of 466A. It will never be as densely populated as the northern areas. �� We really like the open space.
Publix on 44 is open now and more retailers to come! It's exciting to watch the growth.
We have 2 electric carts, and despite what you may read re electric vs gas, we go to Spanish Springs, over the GC bridge to Paradise park, to Nancy Lopez and of course Lake Sumter with no problem from our home off of Pinellas.
We drive our car to Lowes and Home Depot of course. But would drive to those type stores no matter where we live.
Despite loving our location, I think any place in The Villages is great. This is simply a fabulous place to live!

Well, I think that it is a pretty nice place to live but no different than the other areas of The Villages.

Look at this map when it comes to golf courses.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...gesGolfMap.pdf
Old 10-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We really like the open space due to the golf courses and large nature preserves in the area south of 466A. It will never be as densely populated as the northern areas. í*½í¸Ž We really like the open space.

I live south of 466A but play (perhaps too strong a word) golf all over TV. It would be difficult for me to assign a significant difference in open space to any area of TV. We are blessed to have such beautiful spaces all over.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Gold member

We were looking at the 2014 map and it was very surprising to us the lack of density south of 466A. Check it out.
I think the existing "nature preserves", (swamps, back in the day) dictated that the area south of 466A will never be as densely populated. That's what I meant by "more open space". TV has beautiful open space in all areas. I certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise. We are just thrilled with less density in home construction.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
New homes and newish homes (most of the homes here are less than 12 years old) are priced VERY similarly. If the bond is paid, it is included in the price of the home and if it isn't, it adds up the same. Choose the home you love.

All homes are placed where you can drive to golf courses and the grocery and to the doctor. We have dozens of public pools and many regional rec centers and many neighborhood rec centers. We have restaurants all over.

I cannot think of any BIG benefit to living any particular place. It's all good.
Well said Gracie!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think you are asking for a personal opinion, not guidance on what you should do?
Because of course if you want a new home, you have to move where they are being built.

If I lived in central Sabal Chase, I wouldn't consider moving south of CR466A.
I think mid Villages is much preferable to far north or far south.
Living centrally allows you to enjoy all of the town squares, a choice of many golf courses nearby, The Villages School Learning Center, the Savanah Center, Church on The Square, the private dog park (DDRR), restaurants on CR 466 like Bonefish, as well as restaurants on 441, etc.
Of course you can do all those things from far north or far south, but it takes longer, especially in a golf cart.
Good answer, as usual Bare! If I had one village to pick to buy a home in TV it would be Sabal Chase. Perfect location IMHO.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.