Murphy's Gas

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 04:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
One thing I noticed on Friday when we had lunch at Chili's..they now have these little machines at the table which allows you to swipe your own card and pay your own bill right at the table without the card ever leaving your hands. Nice idea!
My husband and I ate at a Chilli's yesterday and they did not have a little machine at the table.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We use Murphy's gas station on 466. I think I am correct in stating that it is American Gas and not OPEC which is why we do business there. Will monitor our cards closely in future though.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We use Murphy's gas station on 466. I think I am correct in stating that it is American Gas and not OPEC which is why we do business there. Will monitor our cards closely in future though.
I don't think that's true. 45% of Murphy's oil comes from Malaysia. But beyond that, I think that how oil is refined and sent through pipelines makes it impossible to segregate oil that is pumped from American ground from oil that is pumped from other places.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Is the gas at the pump 100% refined in the USofA? ... yes, without question
Is the crude oil it is refined from a 100% USofA product? ..... not a chance

Murphy does not even make such a claim on their very own web page.

About Us - Low Gas Prices, Friendly Service from Murphy USA
Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

[QUOTE=LndLocked;866613]Is the gas at the pump 100% refined in the USofA? ... yes, without question
Is the crude oil it is refined from a 100% USofA product? ..... not a chance
Murphy does not even make such a claim on their very own web page. /QUOTE]

Well I had to go research this for myself because we were under the impression that Murphy was all American. Found the following from Murphy:

"Our parent company Murphy Oil is a public corporation located in El Dorado, Arkansas, and traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

We explore and drill many of our own sites around the world, including in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, West Africa and off the US Gulf Coast. We own 2 refineries located in the United States and 1 refinery in the United Kingdom that provides some of our gasoline product that we offer at our stores. Like most major oil refiners, we also receive product on the open market, and due to the fungibility of oil, it is difficult to determine the origin of that product.
The bottom line is that by the time crude oil gets from the ground into our gasoline tanks, there's no practical way for consumers to know exactly where it came from."

So now I know!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
My husband and I ate at a Chilli's yesterday and they did not have a little machine at the table.
Did you ask about the "little machines"?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Default Chilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
We ate there Mon night and used their payment machine.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Dang, I didn't realize that gas stations were so widely compromised. Is it because the pumps are outside and more easily accessible to the thieves?

I guess it makes sense to pay cash for gas, but the conveeeeenience of not having to go inside and stand in line is hard to resist. *insert emoticon for lazy*
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.