My Comcast experience Feb 2017

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Veteran member
Default My Comcast experience Feb 2017

I called a week before I was moving to a new home in Pine Ridge. I was told Comcast says there is an empty lot on the address I gave them . Someone promised to get back to me. No one did. I called again 3 days before I was moving. There was no record of my call. I was now issued a case #. The next day when I called back I was told I had to prove there was electricity active at the address and supply them with a statement. Since I was just establishing service the electric company emailed me a screen shot showing my name and address and active service. I had to email to the Comcast rep I was now dealing with. I was assure this person would get back to me. Never did. The next day I heard my case was closed with no notes. I was given a new case number and had to email a new person proof of my electric service. I was assure she would take care of it. The following day I emailed her 2x and asked for an update. No response. The evening of the day I moved in....now 9 days from my first call to Comcast I call again. Now a new rep tells me he will look into it and promised to definitively find out the situation. As I waited for his call. I called Spectrum. I was told they service my address and could install me the next day, a Saturday. I agreed. The Comcast rep calls me back and tells me someone is standing by and he needs proof I have electrical service. ( the third request) and that it could take 6 days for them to determine if I could have service there. There was another Comcast person that I spoke to in between one of these other calls that was telling me permits had to be pulled. That conversation was short. After I hear the third request for electric service proof and a 6 day answer I told him I was canceling Comcast and switching to Spectrum. Spectrum installed service in less than 24 hours. It's too bad as I prefer Comcast but I had had enough. BTW, the house across the street has Comcast service.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Indeed we are at the mercy of the employee.

I had to deal with COMCAST because of loss of service. The tech guy was at my house immediately ( in the area) advised tha my signal was weak from the tripod and to call HO. I did at the very next morning the tech guy was there and explained the weak signal encompass a wide area and showed me his I-pad display of the problem area. that same day another crew was out and by 2:00PM they finished and never interfered with my use of TV Interne, phone
Additionally their customer service office kept us informed with continual with pre-recorded message and a contact number.

I have nver had a real problem with COMCAST
Old 02-18-2017, 04:51 PM

Call Deb Brainard, Comcast manager. She'll get things done. 904-256-1800
Email
Debbie_Brainard@cable.com
Also assistant manager is Gary Hicks - 352-630-7139
I've had good luck with both.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
I called a week before I was moving to a new home in Pine Ridge. I was told Comcast says there is an empty lot on the address I gave them . Someone promised to get back to me. No one did. I called again 3 days before I was moving. There was no record of my call. I was now issued a case #. The next day when I called back I was told I had to prove there was electricity active at the address and supply them with a statement. Since I was just establishing service the electric company emailed me a screen shot showing my name and address and active service. I had to email to the Comcast rep I was now dealing with. I was assure this person would get back to me. Never did. The next day I heard my case was closed with no notes. I was given a new case number and had to email a new person proof of my electric service. I was assure she would take care of it. The following day I emailed her 2x and asked for an update. No response. The evening of the day I moved in....now 9 days from my first call to Comcast I call again. Now a new rep tells me he will look into it and promised to definitively find out the situation. As I waited for his call. I called Spectrum. I was told they service my address and could install me the next day, a Saturday. I agreed. The Comcast rep calls me back and tells me someone is standing by and he needs proof I have electrical service. ( the third request) and that it could take 6 days for them to determine if I could have service there. There was another Comcast person that I spoke to in between one of these other calls that was telling me permits had to be pulled. That conversation was short. After I hear the third request for electric service proof and a 6 day answer I told him I was canceling Comcast and switching to Spectrum. Spectrum installed service in less than 24 hours. It's too bad as I prefer Comcast but I had had enough. BTW, the house across the street has Comcast service.

Watch out Comcast doesn't bill you for false services. It would not be the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

I had just the opposite experience when I moved into Pine Ridge in February 2016. Brighthouse incorrectly told me they did not service my address even though they had a cable box in my front yard. I had to get Comcast instead. It's pretty bad when the cable company loses business because they don't even know where their own cables are located.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

If there is a customer service shortcoming, Concast has them all and the longer your with them you will probably encounter many of them. Sort of like Jesse James without the mask. A true bunch of clowns. Concost is going to bill you for something....mark my words.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

If Comcast bill you, ask for proof of Company Registration, then Tax Reg No. etc. etc.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Sage

Had a similar experience with Comcast in St. Augustine trying to get service in a ten year old home. They kept telling me the address didn't exist. Yet the original owner had Comcast when we bought it. And the rep was insistent that I was wrong. And this was after I had called, like the OP, weeks in advance to set up the install on the day I arrived, blocking out the whole day.

By comparison, my experience with them here, apparently unlike many others, has been fine. The only downside has been the need to call them every two years to get a reasonable rate.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If there is a customer service shortcoming, Concast has them all and the longer your with them you will probably encounter many of them. Sort of like Jesse James without the mask. A true bunch of clowns. Concost is going to bill you for something....mark my words.

[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-19-2017, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Her email bounced. Maybe she couldn't take it anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Call Deb Brainard, Comcast manager. She'll get things done. 904-256-1800
Email
Debbie_Brainard@cable.com
Also assistant manager is Gary Hicks - 352-630-7139
I've had good luck with both.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
try calling and leave a message.. she called me right back and corrected my billing problem...very nice lady.. also her email.. did you put the little line thingy_ between her first and last name?
Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
It bounced because you were given the wrong email address. The correct one is: Debbie_Brainard@cable.comcast.com
Old 02-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Gold member
Default The only good thing about comcast

Quote:
The only good thing about comcast is the others are as bad. Frankly, we are ex-new yorkers. There was far more competition and the service was not only better but cheaper as well.

I've been told to recycle my modem so many times that I now have in plugged into one of those power taps with a separate switch so it is far easier to reboot the modem.

We lost all service last weds-that is the PHONE,TV and Computer. We had a service appointment for thurs as you know they have a three hour window so you waste half a day waiting. We received a computer confirmation.
BUT THE REPAIR PERSON NEVER SHOWED UP. We called and were told the earliest they could get to it was saturday. Asked for a manager and got put through to BOB-no one will give a last name so I asked for his id #.
I also got a file number for the CREDIT I was obviously due.

Friday they sent the tech over, he found it was a broken wire next door. He can't fix that they need to send the wire guy. So we wasted all day friday with comcast. Now 1.5 days wasted and no service for three days.

Now for the credit. When, I called re: credit, I got some clerk who said the credit would be EIGHTEEN DOLLARS and HBO for 3 months. I suggested one month free would be more reasonable. I asked to speak with a manager he gave me exactly the same thing $18 plus HBO for 3 months. I told him, I need to simmer down AND DECIDE WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. I told him, I have several options-1. I CAN CHANGE TO BRIGHT HOUSE 2. I CAN SIMPLY NOT PAY HIS BILL AND TAKE HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT- 3. ACCEPT THIS ............FROM HIM.

I don't know what it is like here but small claims court is a peoples court. Last time I sued a company in small claims court was over 20 years ago. It was truly an adventure.
Your cost is like $20 to file the case. They will send an atty so it costs them like $300 an hour.

Is it worth it? Most people say no. Which explains why the can and do treat US like ....................
Old 02-19-2017, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

ComCrap is the devil. Unfortunately I needed faster Internet service then bright house could provide so I had to make a deal with the devil.

Do I ever miss Verizon FiOS from New Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:20 PM

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones; I've had Comcast since moving to The Villages in 2001 and never really had a problem with them. Their prices are the only thing I'm a little unhappy about, but I think it's a case of you get what you pay for in this case.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, comcast, day, call, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.