My garage door opener operates neighbor's garage door

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 AM

Good reason to lock garage doors at night
Old 08-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbear View Post
Good reason to lock garage doors at night
& /or "Lock" your opener
Old 08-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marennorge View Post
I would prefer to enter my own code but the book is unclear to do that. Do you push the - and + and - buttons say 3 times for plus and 6 times on minus for 9 digit code?

Our door did the same one night for no reason. Took about 20-30 minutes to do 2 openers for 2 different doors but it was the first time I had worked with the RoMac openers.. Actually if you have never reset the buttons then the door installer has the codes to open your doors should they choose to do so.

Push each button (the - + or 0) only once for each of the 9 codes you set in for each opener button. Example of a 9 digit code, 0 + + - - 0 0 + +

The very last page of the instructions has a place to record the new codes you program which makes it a little easier. TO MAKE IT EASIER YOU CAN WRITE DOWN THE NEW CODE YOU WANT TO USE IN THE BLOCKS 1-9 AND THEN PROGRAM THE BUTTON ON EACH OPENER FOR THAT DOOR.

NOTE; YOU WILL PRESS ONLY ONE OF THE O, +, OR - BUTTONS FOR BLOCK ONE, THEN THE SAME FOR BLOCK 2, ALL THE WAY THRU BLOCK 9 TO COMPLETE PROGRAMMING THE 9 DIGIT CODE YOU CHOOSE.

See step 3 from page 11 below. SEE PICTURE ON PAGE 11

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Ro Mac door openers use a 9 digit fixed code. You need to reprogram your openers to a new code or it may happen again.

SEE PAGE 11 of your owners manual and just follow the instructions.

http://www.linearcorp.com/pdf/manuals/111069FX1.pdf

From the manual Page 11.....
STEP 3: Using the
operation buttons on the
front of the transmitter,
enter a 9-digit random code.
Every time a button is pressed
the LED will turn off and on.
After the 9-digit code is
entered, the LED will blink twice to confirm a valid code and
remain off.

You must set the codes on both (ALL) openers if you use more than one OPENER and you must do both buttons on each opener if you have 2 different doors you can open with each opener. You will want a different code for each door but it must be the same on a particular button on both openers for the door you want to open.

REMEMBER AFTER THE OPENERS ARE RE-PROGRAMMED YOU MUST HAVE THE HEAD OR OPENER CONTROL UNIT (WHERE THE OPENER MOTOR IS LOCATED) FOR EACH DOOR TO LEARN THE NEW CODES YOU PROGRAMMED INTO THE OPENERS BY FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE 12 OF THE OWNERS MANUAL.

Since both openers (OR MORE) are programmed the same now you will only have to have the control unit for each door to learn the code you entered from one of the openers.

If you have 2 doors with 4 openers you would program the same button on each of the 4 openers to open door 1, and another button on each of the 4 openers to open door 2. All 4 openers would have the same code you recorded on a particular button. Probably best to use the same button on all 4 openers for door 1 or door 2.

With 4 opener transmitters you will still only need each of the opener control units to learn the new code you entered from only one opener since they are all the same and the door will open whenever it receives the code regardless of which opener sent the code.

Send me a PM if you still need help....

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 09-18-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Default made me smile

Park in your neighbor's garage............see if they care.

does not answer problem but your answer make me chuckle every time i think of it......

in my neighborhood ....the bad guys drive up and down streets hitting garage door opener to see which doors open.....

recodeing opener usually does the job

good luck
Old 09-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

Does entering a new code in the transmitting unit clear out the old code? If not how are old codes cleared from the transmitter? Mine started opening my neighbor's door. Now my neighbor's is opening my door. We are up North until October so I had a friend turn off our opener.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 AM

call the manufacture they can hopefully help you
Old 09-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman41 View Post
Does entering a new code in the transmitting unit clear out the old code? If not how are old codes cleared from the transmitter? Mine started opening my neighbor's door. Now my neighbor's is opening my door. We are up North until October so I had a friend turn off our opener.
Transmitter code is a 9 digit fixed code and when a new code is programmed the previous code is removed. See step 1 on page 12 of the instructions. Setting the code is much like a combination lock, changing the combination erases the old combination. See post #18. Fairly easy to do...but there is a process that is best to follow.

http://www.linearcorp.com/pdf/manuals/111069FX1.pdf

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 09-18-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.