Burglary in Tall Trees

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Gold member
Default Burglary in Tall Trees

It happened yesterday in a house right behind ours. Thieves took cash and jewelry. It gets real when it strikes close to home. Information is sketchy as I don't know the homeowner . Be vigilant out there.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Sent you a PM...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Gold member

It seems to be getting worse---
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And it will continue to get worse. Our real unemployment rate is currently over 35%. 92 million people not working. Yes I know that is not what our powers that be report it to be, but that is because when people give up and stop looking for work, they stop counting them.

And our inflation is much higher than being reported. And because of the ACA when people do find work it is usually just part time. This country is in very serious trouble and we are not being told what is really happening.

Until people get good jobs, good education, and have good morale values, crime will continue to get worse. Much much worse than anything you have ever seen.

And this is not political, all 535 leaders in Washington are all to blame for these problems.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And it will continue to get worse. Our real unemployment rate is currently over 35%. 92 million people not working. Yes I know that is not what our powers that be report it to be, but that is because when people give up and stop looking for work, they stop counting them.

And our inflation is much higher than being reported. And because of the ACA when people do find work it is usually just part time. This country is in very serious trouble and we are not being told what is really happening.

Until people get good jobs, good education, and have good morale values, crime will continue to get worse. Much much worse than anything you have ever seen.

And this is not political, all 535 leaders in Washington are all to blame for these problems.
I agree with most of this but I believe it's not just the 535 leaders. Those who elected and reelected them must carry the blame too.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post

The part-time work thing started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before ACA. UPS even struck over it.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is a burglary in Tall Trees section of The Villages. Posts have strayed off topic. Please try to stay on topic.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Sage
There is an article about this break-in at The Villages on-line news. There was also another break-in at Bridgeport at Lake Miona on Saturday, bringing to 11 the number of break-ins in the last three months.

The similarities of Tall Trees and Bridgeport at Lake Miona are the locations of each on heavily traveled main roads, making for a quick getaway.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
There is an article about this break-in at The Villages on-line news. There was also another break-in at Bridgeport at Lake Miona on Saturday, bringing to 11 the number of break-ins in the last three months.

The similarities of Tall Trees and Bridgeport at Lake Miona are the locations of each on heavily traveled main roads, making for a quick getaway.
From **************:
A burglary in Bridgeport at Miona Shores and another in the Villages of Tall Trees brings to 11 the number of burglaries in The Villages over roughly the past three months.
Bridgeport at Miona Shores
The owners of the home returned on Saturday after having been gone about a week.
They discovered that a combination safe had been removed from the premises.
A few other small items were taken while other valuable items had been overlooked, he added.
The burglars had forced open a sliding glass door.
Tall Trees
Residents of a home on Pine Ridge Street in the Villages of Tall Trees reported a burglary sometime between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
The homeowners returned to find a bedroom light on and a light on in a bedroom closet.
The wife noticed a drawer for undergarments slightly open. Taken from the drawer were a diamond necklace, gold diamond earrings, and two ankle bracelets.
There were no signs of forced entry, but the homeowner believed the car door might have been left unlocked. A garage door opener was in the car and might have been used to open the garage door. A door from the garage to the house may have been left unlocked, said Lt. Bobby Caruthers of the Sumter County Sheriffs Office.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
From **************:
A burglary in Bridgeport at Miona Shores and another in the Villages of Tall Trees brings to 11 the number of burglaries in The Villages over roughly the past three months.
Bridgeport at Miona Shores
The owners of the home returned on Saturday after having been gone about a week.
They discovered that a combination safe had been removed from the premises.
A few other small items were taken while other valuable items had been overlooked, he added.
The burglars had forced open a sliding glass door.
Tall Trees
Residents of a home on Pine Ridge Street in the Villages of Tall Trees reported a burglary sometime between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
The homeowners returned to find a bedroom light on and a light on in a bedroom closet.
The wife noticed a drawer for undergarments slightly open. Taken from the drawer were a diamond necklace, gold diamond earrings, and two ankle bracelets.
There were no signs of forced entry, but the homeowner believed the car door might have been left unlocked. A garage door opener was in the car and might have been used to open the garage door. A door from the garage to the house may have been left unlocked, said Lt. Bobby Caruthers of the Sumter County Sheriffs Office.
HUH? The car was unlocked (in the driveway?) with the garage door opener remote accessable?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Umm... my husband used to do this all the time in Michigan (although his in-car garage door opener didn't work when the car was off). But after the third time he had something stolen from his car, he changed his ways.

I bet these people will also change their ways.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Gold member

I have noticed quite a few police cars in the area , south of 466a, in the last several days. Hopefully they can catch these vermin soon.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

I think these burglaries are all the same group of people and eventually they will be caught. It's just too bad they have gotten away with this for so long. In most cases not being caught will embolden the average burglars and lead to their arrest. Let's hope it comes soon for everyones piece of mind.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

I was looking to replace a deadbolt in our home a couple of years ago. While doing a little research about it, I found an article recommending the use of high quality locks because criminal have a method to defeat low cost door locks.

My jaw dropped when I read about how they do it. I thought; No Way.

I looked a little further and unfortunately the information is all over the internet.

When I read about "no signs of forced entry" that was the first thing that came to mind.

IMO alarms systems are important.

Security cameras would also be helpful to know more about what happened.

Manufacturers have begun making high door locks that they claim are more difficult to defeat. Of course they are more expensive.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Daily Sun is now reporting the burglary incidents and golf cart accidents. This is welcome change in their reporting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.