The Nerve of Some People

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Veteran member

Looks like I am taking Too Jays off my dining list!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Service dog my ass. If I was eating next to them I would have told the manager I'm walking out without paying because of my "asthma". How dare they aggravate my "asthma" Next stop, my attorney. "I'm suing" Service dog, my ass...
I am with you!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Service dog my ass. If I was eating next to them I would have told the manager I'm walking out without paying because of my "asthma". How dare they aggravate my "asthma" Next stop, my attorney. "I'm suing" Service dog, my ass...
I'm with you on this, but no one challenges anyone. We all have to be politically correct today. Most of these service dogs are probably a fraud. The managers don't know the law well enough to challenge a customer. I believe the owners of the restaurants need to spell it out clearly to the staff what is legal and what is not.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Too Jays or any other restaurant cannot ask to see documentation.
That could be a lawsuit.
Here is one of the paragraphs......

When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task.
Bonny you are 100% correct. The ADA specifically states that the staff can only ask the two questions you stated. They can't ask for any documentation for the service animal. Folks may not agree with the ADA regulations for a variety of reasons but these regs are very specific and very clear.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Bonny you are 100% correct. The ADA specifically states that the staff can only ask the two questions you stated. They can't ask for any documentation for the service animal. Folks may not agree with the ADA regulations for a variety of reasons but these regs are very specific and very clear.
I don't think many would disagree with ADA and legitimate service animals being allowed. But the lame position the business owner is placed in by not being allowed to verify legitimacy of the "service" animal empowers the LIARS all the more.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
you better not visit Germany and eat out because its accepted there and no one thinks anything about it.
Thanks...I will NOT visit Germany!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Thanks...I will NOT visit Germany!
Don't go anywhere else in the EU, either. Oh my... the germs.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Don't go anywhere else in the EU, either. Oh my... the germs.
If I visit Europe should I bring antibiotics? I always heard it was germy there. And France is supposedly filled with slovenly people who bathe less than twice per day? Oh, the horror!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:10 PM

Oh my achin' brain!!!! Now the dogs are SMOKING too???? Again, who is fair in making an absolute determination that this pad walker is sneaky enough to get the vest and be a trickster? Again, my pal, BRUTUS, has paperwork that is stamped by a local government agency, a laminated, numbered, single,dual-purpose triplicate card indicating that he can get inside of ANYWHERE and get a-half of a double decaffeinated half-caf with a twist of lemon in his dish; at the table. LET BRUTUS SWING.
Thank you for opening up and chatting. I still say that the initial suspect here has sworn documentation that she is human.
Some 2 years ago, Brutus came to Miami with us as I was sworn in at the British Consulate, hence securing my dual citizenship. The U.K. representative asked for Brutus to pose with her for a pic. Done and Done. I was wearing pink and a tiara. Fa-boo.
Let my creatures chill.
Nobody beheaded us. BTW.... I have a HC Parking Permit as I have had 7, now heading for #'s 8 & 9 spine fusions and lammies. I try not to use it but sometimes, YIKES. Bad pain.
I love animals. All animals. Smiling out loud!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
Went to Toojay's the other evening for dinner. Standing in line behind us was a group of 15 people, one of the women had a small white dog on a leash in the restaurant with a vest on and a patch saying "Comfort Dog." I am not a dog fancier and don't like them in restaurants, with the exception of TRUE service dogs. "Comfort Dogs" are not recognized as service dogs and as such are not allowed in restaurants. I would guess that the staff at Toojay's wouldn't say anything for fear of getting sued, even though the suit would be tossed out as being without merit. Now that I know, I'll say something the next time!!
How is the color of the dog and the gender of the owner relevant? Would it have been more acceptable to you if it been a man called "Bubba" and his brown mutt?

How totally UnPC are your comments.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
If I visit Europe should I bring antibiotics? I always heard it was germy there. And France is supposedly filled with slovenly people who bathe less than twice per day? Oh, the horror!
Tee-hee. They even shave their armpits now.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.