New Development

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage
Default New Development

We did a drive through in the new Fenney development and beyond, recently. It struck me that it reminded me somewhat of the Del Webb up near Jacksonville. The rec center and pool is in an area by itself with the homes a bit away. There is no pool at the mailboxes, as we have here. I am thinking that the new developments of Fenney and Southern Oaks will be quite different than The Villages. The area is quite beautiful as well.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Eternal Member

Saddlebrook Recreation Center and Pool are not at mail boxes but across Buena Vista Blvd. The homes of Polo Ridge are a few blocks from the pool and rec. center.

Saddlebrook was built somewhere around 2003.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Give it time to develop
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Sage

I think Fenney's appeal would be for people who like to be more secluded. I took the tour and the tour guide said there would be no tunnels to Brownwood and no entrance to the turnpike built by the developer as it is under the jurisdiction of DOT, (everything to be accessed by car to get out of the complex). My impression is that Fenney would be a self contained community.

As usual, changes are subject to the developers change of heart. No one really knows what the final product will entail except the developer.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

It May well be a little less hectic down there and not as much traffic at least within the two communities. When both are completed there should me lots of miles of golf car lanes to keep one happy especially if you're not a golfer or will be happy with the courses within the new villages. Commercial development will most likely follow. I like the pool/bar/restaurant that will be there. They put a lot of thought into this and I'm sure it will be sold out in a timely manner.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

The new web site format for The Villages displays some areas of future development that I didn’t know existed. The land, future village just south east of Coleman, along I-75 west of Coleman, and north of 470 are new to me!

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 04-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Gold member

We visited Finley yesterday. A realtor told us they were getting a lot of interest from people that wanted to be in a less crowded area in The Villages and from semi retired people in Orlando. It's an easy commute off the turnpike to Orlando although I don't know how far they have to go to get on it!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 AM

Read today's paper, it will be all connected.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Read today's paper, it will be all connected.
New thread regarding this started here: Developer purchases MORE land
Old 04-23-2017, 08:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
We visited Finley yesterday. A realtor told us they were getting a lot of interest from people that wanted to be in a less crowded area in The Villages and from semi retired people in Orlando. It's an easy commute off the turnpike to Orlando although I don't know how far they have to go to get on it!
I was under the impression that when the 468 bridge over the turnpike was redone, it was designed where exits could be added at a later date. Anyone else confirm this, or am I just fantacising again....
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post

About 5 miles - until the ramps are added to the overpass on what is about to become south S Morse Blvd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I was under the impression that when the 468 bridge over the turnpike was redone, it was designed where exits could be added at a later date. Anyone else confirm this, or am I just fantacising again....

You are correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
pool, development, area, fenney, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.