New Home Costs

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
We got powerful ceiling fans throughout in our new home in TV and some homes get blinds included as well. Rounded corners, roll-out shelving, built in cabinet garbage cans and even a built in laundry basket in the master bath, dimming switches and other upgrades were included.
And our house came with a spouse....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachx4me View Post
We bought a resale on a championship golf course, with water and pool that had only been lived in a few months per year. It was like new condition, however, after new landscaping, tile on the diagonal, all new paint, plantation shutters, new granite in kitchen and baths, upgraded all the lighting inside and out, new custom fans, screen garage door, and more, we have probably invested 30K. It is very convenient to the first two squares and about 15-20 minutes to Brownwood.

I am still way ahead of buying the same finished product further south of me.
And it is for sale!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Why is it for sale?
Yes, why, and where can one find out about it?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachx4me View Post
We bought a resale on a championship golf course, with water and pool that had only been lived in a few months per year. It was like new condition, however, after new landscaping, tile on the diagonal, all new paint, plantation shutters, new granite in kitchen and baths, upgraded all the lighting inside and out, new custom fans, screen garage door, and more, we have probably invested 30K. It is very convenient to the first two squares and about 15-20 minutes to Brownwood. I am still way ahead of buying the same finished product further south of me. And it is for sale!!
It sounds beautiful. Glenbrook is a lovely Village. Are you moving to a Beach community?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
BTW, don't forget there is a BOND on a new home, that is about $23000 or more, add that to the price they tell you and that is the ACTUAL price of a new house
Good point. Some people kind of forget about the bonds. That's another nice thing about resales - low or no bond in many cases.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Are resales presently hard to sell? That's the feeling I get doing a quick read of this thread and some of the not so cutesy remarks after someone posts.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yes, why, and where can one find out about it?
We are looking at moving a little further south, and closer to the beach. This will put us a little closer to our daughters who live near Daytona.

Have sent you a pm. Located in Village of Glenbrook.

Last edited by beachx4me; 05-26-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Details
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.