Table in Breakfast Nook?

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Default Table in Breakfast Nook?

What size table do most people have and what will fit in a breakfast nook? We are building a Whispering Pine and the breakfast nook area is stretched to the back an extra 2ft so roughly 12'x12'. Several other home models have similar nook dimensions- lilac, lily, lantana, iris, orchid, zinia, cedar, & ponderosa pine. Ours will have the closed kitchen but I don't think that matters too much for the table. We do want a round table most likely either a 42" or 48"? Thoughts appreciated.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
What size table do most people have and what will fit in a breakfast nook? We are building a Whispering Pine and the breakfast nook area is stretched to the back an extra 2ft so roughly 12'x12'. Several other home models have similar nook dimensions- lilac, lily, lantana, iris, orchid, zinia, cedar, & ponderosa pine. Ours will have the closed kitchen but I don't think that matters too much for the table. We do want a round table most likely either a 42" or 48"? Thoughts appreciated.
I have a 54" square pub style table in our WP closed kitchen nook which is standard size. With an extra 2ft you should be able to put just about anything in there.

You're going to love the closed kitchen floor plan. You've got so much wall and floor space in the living room to arrange furniture. I do envy you for the new lanai configuration. I wish ours was bigger. Good luck with your Whispering Pine!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Gold member
Default Breakfast nook

We gave an At Ease cottage, and I found this charming table for 2, at Bargains and Treasures consignment store.

Last edited by Boudicca; 04-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
We gave an At Ease cottage, and I found this charming table for 2, at Bargains and Treasures consignment store.

Perfect!!!! I LOVE it!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM

We moved into our closed kitchen Whispering Pine in October and couldn;t be happier. We also extended the nook. Our table is 4 ft. round with 4 chairs and we have plenty of room. Enjoy your new home.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Thanks all for the responses, it sounds like a 48" should work no problem.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

We too are building a Whispering Pine. We bought our furniture at Southern Living and dealt with Sharon Starr, salesperson there. She is wonderful! What helps is that she and her husband owns a WP so her advise was especially beneficial in knowing what fits,etc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.