New iphone 6

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Default New iphone 6

I called AT&T in Sumpter Landing to see if they had an IPHONE 6. They told me they did. I got in my car and was there in 10 minutes. When I got there they said they just sold the last one.
I am looking for feed back from anyone who has the Iphone 6. Not sure if I want the plus or the 64GB.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to jalopy54

I understand that the big Iphone 6 can get bent easily..

Mickey
Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy54 View Post
As with any expensive smart phone, I'd recommend a really good case. protect your investment.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Talk to the people at Best Buy.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-29-2014, 08:42 PM

I was able to get the last 3 from sprint on Saturday. One for myself, my wife,and my son. They are all the 128 gig because it's what they had and the special deal through sprint was due to expire today.... So far we all love them. Didn't see a plus. They said they hadn't received them yet. They didn't even have one for display. The standard 6 is a good bit larger than my 5s was so I didn't even see the need for a plus.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 PM

Oh and still haven't been able to get a good case for it. Everyone is out of those.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Sage
Smile

You may be able to order one on the phone with ATT. I plan to order my new phone this week. Try chatting with the customer service people at www.attwireless.com
Old 09-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I went to the AT&T store in Sumter Landing last Wednesday and they were all out. I ordered one for myself, a 16 Gig and one for my daughter, a 64 Gig. I had mine delivered FedEx on Friday at 10:00am. My daughters however, is showing it wont be in till October 20th. They say the 64 is the one most purchased since they did away with the 32's. I felt the plus was too big and needed two hands to operate. I like to slip mine in my pocket and the plus was just tooooooooo big.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
You may be able to order one on the phone with ATT. I plan to order my new phone this week. Try chatting with the customer service people at www.attwireless.com
I went back and forth to the ATT store trying both the 6 and 6 Plus they have both on display. Finally decided on the 6 Plus. I have long fingers so it fit well in my hand. Ordered the 6Plus through ATT a few days ago but it will not be delivered for 3-4 weeks. the 6Plus are has a huge backorder. I went with the 6Plus for the better battery life, higher resolution and a couple of other features it has. The bending issue is really a non issue per the latest article on it. It is not a widespread problem and as someone else said, protect any phone! Being a woman it does not go in my pocket that's what my purse is for I also went with a 64G.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Talk to the people at Best Buy.
Where is Best Buy in TV?
Old 09-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Where is Best Buy in TV?
On 441 in the shopping center across from Sam's Club.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy54 View Post
Some people put it in their back pocket and sat on it. I wonder if some of these same people use their iPad as a cutting board.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Some people put it in their back pocket and sat on it. I wonder if some of these same people use their iPad as a cutting board.
Never thought of using my iPad as a cutting board. Thanks for the tip!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Platinum member

I plan to trade in my iPhone 5 for an iPhone 6+. When available, will buy unlocked and go with Cricket @ $45/month as a Carrier. I currently use Cricket. (Cricket uses ATT towers)
Tampa, FL
Old 09-30-2014, 07:28 AM

I have the new IPhone 6. I did not get the plus. I have an IPad so, I do not need the plus which is quite large. The phone is thinner than the 5. Some men have put the 6 plus in their back pockets and when, they've sat anywhere the phone has bent. I cannot comprehend how anyone could fit a 6 plus in their back pocket! The regular 6 is 2 5/8 X 5 1/2. It fits in your hand comfortably and feels very light. My husband has the dark grey and when you cover with a case it just looks like a black phone from the front. I have the white/gold and when covered with the case all you see is the white face. I did get the leather cases from apple. They feel very good in your hand and vs the plastic, it does not make your hand sweat! I do like the 6 and the camera does take, amazing pictures!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.