Help finding Nursing care

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default Help finding Nursing care

My friend is beginning her new job with The Villages Charter Schools. She has to find a place for her mom. She is coming down from Ohio. She has the beginning of dementia and needs full time nursing care as it takes two people to use the bathroom and at times she is not very friendly. She is only in her 70's and MAY be able to care for herself in the future, but that is a slim chance.
We looked at a facility in Mount Dora called Waterman Village and they don't have any facilities to care for her. Does anyone know of a group that supports caregivers and can give advice on facilities? She is at a loss as to how to proceed.
Her mothers sister lives in Apopka so we would LIKE to have a place somewhere in the middle if possible. BUT, she has contacted Freedom Point and will have her in The Villages if that is the only choice. Also, does Freedom Point have the facilities to care for her?
I know, lots of questions but I told my friend, that TOTV would help her out.
Thanks everyone.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Sage

Have my mother at Mission Oaks in Oxford. She is in memory care, but they do have assisted living. I have been very pleased with the facility.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
My friend is beginning her new job with The Villages Charter Schools. She has to find a place for her mom. She is coming down from Ohio. She has the beginning of dementia and needs full time nursing care as it takes two people to use the bathroom and at times she is not very friendly. She is only in her 70's and MAY be able to care for herself in the future, but that is a slim chance.
We looked at a facility in Mount Dora called Waterman Village and they don't have any facilities to care for her. Does anyone know of a group that supports caregivers and can give advice on facilities? She is at a loss as to how to proceed.
Her mothers sister lives in Apopka so we would LIKE to have a place somewhere in the middle if possible. BUT, she has contacted Freedom Point and will have her in The Villages if that is the only choice. Also, does Freedom Point have the facilities to care for her?
I know, lots of questions but I told my friend, that TOTV would help her out.
Thanks everyone.
Hi my name is Denise Collins and I work for Interim Healthcare. We are a company that provides in home healthcare and can provide caregivers in your own home from 1 hour to 24 hour service, from skilled to non-skilled nursing. We do free evaluations to determine what the persons needs would be. I am a village resident and would be glad to meet with you, or if you have any questions about our services (if this would be an option) or about some of the facilities in the area please feel free to call. This is a very common question and would be glad to help.

Thanks
Denise Collins
Interim Healthcare
586-623-7679
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.