New Villager

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2015, 02:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton18 View Post
If you are looking new Yamaha golf cart check out Carts and Clubs worth the drive in Ocala. We bought two gas carts 99 out of 100 carts sold to Villager`s are gas carts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
I don't know about that??? I would say 60% gas and 40% ele.
And of the 60% that bought gas, many owners didn't realize how noisy and smelly gas golf carts can be.
OK, just kidding, I know gas cart owners love their carts.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default New Villager

[QUOTE=Bernaldio;1150018]Moving to the Villages...what is the good and the bad concerning the Village of Pine Ridge.....Hopefully mostly good.[/

Last edited by RickeyD; 11-24-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 AM

When I bought my newer cart in October, I was told that 95% of all sales are gas carts. The distance throughout the Villages often do not makes electric carts practical.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Congrats on your decision to move to The Villages. It is a fabulous place to live. Every village has it's pros and cons. You could make lists all day and still think of more things to consider.

No matter where you choose to live here, it is a wonderful place to live. You will find great neighbors and new friends. Everyone here is from someplace else and we all have that in common, if nothing else.

Some of the pros, for starters:
Pine Ridge has more elevation change to the land which makes it much more interesting than many of the other Villages.
There are new floorplans there that were not built before.
You will be close to several Recreation centers, both pre existing on Pinellas and Colony, and new ones to be built east of Morse.
You will be close to Colony shopping center for banking, shopping, dining.
You will have 4 Country clubs just a short golf cart ride away. Havana, Belle Glade, Bonifay and Evans Prairie.

Don't be afraid to get an electric cart. The new ones have 50-60 miles range and believe me, no matter how much you love your golf cart, you will not cover that much territory in a day. An electric will give you plenty of range if you become an educated shopper and are responsible about charging it properly. We bought 2 electrics and are sooooo very glad we did not buy gas. Loud, smelly and did I mention LOUD???

No matter which you choose, you will enjoy exploring in your golf cart. And do explore. You will find surprises around every corner.

We had a golf ambassador tell us today that he moved here because you can live like a millionaire here. I think he is really right. You have more options here than any where else we have ever seen. If you are bored here, there is just no hope for you!! LOL! We consider ourselves "still on vacation" after 1 1/2 yrs.

Moving here was the best thing we have ever done for ourselves. I think you will find the same. Welcome!

Good luck and enjoy every moment of your new lives here!!

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I still say and most people will disagree, that some villages have more appeal to what someone wants, than others, but you can never go wrong, living in TV.

That's why the average villager moves three times.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
When I bought my newer cart in October, I was told that 95% of all sales are gas carts. The distance throughout the Villages often do not makes electric carts practical.
Wrong

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Veteran member

We joy ride over to pine ridge at least once a week...it is close to amenities but not town squares. As a new area it will be easier to make friends.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 PM

If you have a dog, you'll also be close to a nice dog park and a lovely wildlife preserve to stroll through.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I don't know if you're a golfer, but of the 3 championship courses south of 466A, Belle Glade, Bonifay and Evans Prairie, I like Belle Glade the best. I've played it about a dozen times since it opened earlier this year and actually I prefer it over many of the other courses. Especially since it's new, the grass is much thicker and more established than Bonifay and Evans Prairie were in their first year.

You're also close to Sarasota Driving Range. I'm not crazy about hitting special balls into the water, but what I do like is they have demo days there quite often. Check the sports page or the Golf the Villages website and you'll see what brands are available each time. It's fun to go hit a brand new driver and all the balls you want while demoing one of the latest clubs.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton18 View Post
If you are looking new Yamaha golf cart check out Carts and Clubs worth the drive in Ocala. We bought two gas carts 99 out of 100 carts sold to Villager`s are gas carts.
Now that's funny. But there are more gas, for several reasons. Fewer dealers, only in recent years have the electric gotten to be sufficient range [careful this does not mean all brands, and not all used electric--depends--you'll want 48v & def use slow trickle chargers whenever possible]. Many carts you see running around down here are not all new certainly, may well be six, eight, ten or more years old.

Just guessing I's say probably 25-35% are electric. I know gas owners that are ticked off there were talked into a gas cart, and electric cart owners that now want gas. The biggest population I know is a 50/50 where they give em both a try--I'd get my advise from them! I only knew three, but they were all E fans. But be careful, it gets into passionate discussions quickly--get popcorn.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
...I just had to speak up for those that have figured out that electric is a quieter, less maintenance, cleaner and non smelly choice....
I figured all that out, but still bought gas. I just had to speak up for those that don't care about the noise or smell (the only "drawbacks", and love the simplicity and range of gas.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
love the simplicity and range of gas.
It seems to me that the electric carts would be more simple. All you have to do is plug them into the charger each night. With gas, you have to drive all the way to a gas station.

I have only used a cart on a golf course and I really don't like either kind, especially as a passenger.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage
Default New Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
It seems to me that the electric carts would be more simple. All you have to do is plug them into the charger each night. With gas, you have to drive all the way to a gas station...
We do have to take that 5 minute (for us) drive to the gas station...about once a month.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 11-26-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Sage

I don't own a golf cart & never will. However; I was in Sam's club. Saw a person buying 6 golf cart batteries for over $600.00-- @ that pice you can buy a lot of gas & do a lot of tuneups on a single cylinder engine.

? for you electric cart owners--how many years do you get out of a set of batteries? Just curious.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I thought the OP asked about living in Pine Ridge, and this seems like it has turned into a golf cart thread. The OP can do a search and probably find there are already 50 threads about whether to buy gas or electric.

My earlier post I talked about golf and specifically Belle Glade golf course. Thinking about this, will the OP use his cart for golf or to ride around or both. Until you move here you really won't know. My experience is I have a very nice gas Yamaha, but if I'm not playing golf, it sits in the garage. I like my car because one, it's air conditioned, in Florida that's important. Two, I like radio, in my car I have XM/Sirius radio. You could put a radio in your cart, but that gets a little expensive. Third, to some people the trip is the adventure, so they enjoy driving their golf cart. I look at it this way, if the golf cart takes 30 minutes and my car takes 15 minutes, I'd rather get there in cool comfort listening to the radio in half the time.

While were at it, here's my cart that I don't drive much. It's not a junky looking ten year old cart, but rather one that still looks new. I bought it new from The Villages Yamaha in 2011. It's a gas Yamaha and it has a lot of upgrades, from the Ultimate Seats to SS Wheels to a black roof. I know the Ravens are having a bad year, but there will be 31 other disappointed teams at the end of the year, ours just came quicker.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
It seems to me that the electric carts would be more simple. All you have to do is plug them into the charger each night. With gas, you have to drive all the way to a gas station.

I have only used a cart on a golf course and I really don't like either kind, especially as a passenger.
constantly check water level in the batteries, declining range every year, replacing batteries at varying costs from $600 and up every 3-4 years, etc

pros and cons decide for yourself based on facts. so now how about this cart thing end in this thread.

Tags
good, bad, pine, ridge, moving, villager, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.