News from the Fenney bus riders

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Everyone sees things differently, and I am pleased to hear from others that Fenney is beautiful. I would enjoy hearing from more people who have taken the bus tour of Fenney. What prices were they quoted and how do golf carts fit in with that new community.
I believe they are building 4 executive golf course. I would think they can drive their cart all over there.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Whatever or wherever they build its going to be fine. If people want to pick let em pick. Everything is going to be great. We may buy a Fenney house for the weekends. Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:44 PM

Fenney is absolutely gorgeous ! Walking thru it gave me such an uplifting sense of new adventure with much more exploration on our part in the very near future of Fenney. It was exciting to hear all the positive first reviews from people....NONE of which were negative on our shuttle which I may add. The homes are elegant, affordable, and many sat in a very serene shaded setting with a welcome water feature on a hot day.
We drive 5 miles in our golf cart now to Lake Sumter square, why does Fenney seem so far away to people ? The Villages is not going to leave people " hanging alone " out there believe me, it will connect at some point and that's truly a no - brainer from my observations yesterday.
It may take awhile but I see nothing but excellence in the future of Fenney, so hop on the bus and see it for yourself , it's amazing.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Just back from our 1pm tour. Extremely organized and so worth the trip.

- At Brownwood - left in a large tour bus - they are using those plus trollies. They took Buena Vista up to Hillsborough, east to Morse then down to Rt 44 where it turns into 468 - then down 5 miles to the Fenney entrance.
- Entrance is gorgeous - like typical old time Florida - all the huge Live Oaks - like up north Buena Vista, even more. They left a lot of nice rambling grounds with walking paths too.
- As mentioned Jennifer Parr greets as we are coming off the bus (She really doesn't HAVE TO do this, but...what a nice touch by 'The Family').
- They provide a small map and explain the areas to visit and where to go. Again so very organized and lots of TV sales/support staff there.
- Designer homes - about 8 models are open to walk thru. From about $280K - 650K. Some are OMG! One had Premier-like interior with the 8' doors and 12' ceilings etc. Most had huge lanais with super great views of the trees and ponds etc. Very lovely. Some Designer homes were same models or slight mods of current/previous "above Rt 44" home styles. Exterior designs were nice and different from "ours". Good, because "our" neighborhoods can look "cookie cutter". Oh - they have "GAS" (stoves etc) down there too.
- Cottage homes - like Ranch homes. We only went into one as they are smaller/simpler, and we were spoiled after the first models. About 7 are available to walk thru.
- They are building Patio Villa-like homes, will have models.
- They plan to have Premier homes in Phase II.
- They are building 2 Exec golf courses right now -look GREAT- Red Fox and Grey Fox.
- Building a min-golf course (2 9 holes) on a natural island - will real greens/grass)
- They sold 2 homes and 1 lot yesterday - we were told these were the first sales in Fenney (not sure if we heard right tho)
- They said 70 homes are completed, with more in phases of building.
- They bought 7000 acres down there (again not certain if we heard right)
- As usual for TV, they are building Rec Centers, postal stations et al before the homes.
- seems to be laid out really well - rambling, and countrylike.
Yes, the ride down on 468, there are areas where old style single fam "homes" (not TV) are - kinda junky rural like areas. But LOTS of open land/farms etc they will prob also build on.
SO WORTH the trip and tour. The Villages ALWAYS seems to get it right.
I, for one, am thrilled about Fenney et al and good for the TV Management for 'No Buildout'!
The Family could have cashed out and retired - glad they didn't - more retirees can join our lifestyle. And the tons of jobs TV continues....

Last edited by DeanFL; 02-28-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Sage

No report on the Kool Aid!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
No report on the Kool Aid!

If this refers to me, and my Post #20 - we all can have our own opinions. Mine is based on my research before moving here, and living here for 3 years now. Thoroughly satisfied. Actually it would be more accurate to say "LOVE IT!"

If you think this is KoolAid, fine.

I feel the same way about my family and the USA as I feel about The Villages and the family that built it all.

My comments come from my gray matter and the heart. If you don't agree or feel it comes from another place - too bad. BTW, I haven't had a sip of KoolAid since I was about 12...
Old 02-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Thanks for the detailed report on the Fenney bus trip.
I wonder if this moat looking area is the natural island for the mini-golf courses?

Dropbox - IMG_5802.JPG
Old 02-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
If this refers to me, and my Post #20 - we all can have our own opinions. Mine is based on my research before moving here, and living here for 3 years now. Thoroughly satisfied. Actually it would be more accurate to say "LOVE IT!"

If you think this is KoolAid, fine.

I feel the same way about my family and the USA as I feel about The Villages and the family that built it all.

My comments come from my gray matter and the heart. If you don't agree or feel it comes from another place - too bad. BTW, I haven't had a sip of KoolAid since I was about 12...
Well said, and thank you
Old 02-28-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Just back from our 1pm tour. Extremely organized and so worth the trip.

- At Brownwood - left in a large tour bus - they are using those plus trollies. They took Buena Vista up to Hillsborough, east to Morse then down to Rt 44 where it turns into 468 - then down 5 miles to the Fenney entrance.
- Entrance is gorgeous - like typical old time Florida - all the huge Live Oaks - like up north Buena Vista, even more. They left a lot of nice rambling grounds with walking paths too.
- As mentioned Jennifer Parr greets as we are coming off the bus (She really doesn't HAVE TO do this, but...what a nice touch by 'The Family').
- They provide a small map and explain the areas to visit and where to go. Again so very organized and lots of TV sales/support staff there.
- Designer homes - about 8 models are open to walk thru. From about $280K - 650K. Some are OMG! One had Premier-like interior with the 8' doors and 12' ceilings etc. Most had huge lanais with super great views of the trees and ponds etc. Very lovely. Some Designer homes were same models or slight mods of current/previous "above Rt 44" home styles. Exterior designs were nice and different from "ours". Good, because "our" neighborhoods can look "cookie cutter". Oh - they have "GAS" (stoves etc) down there too.
- Cottage homes - like Ranch homes. We only went into one as they are smaller/simpler, and we were spoiled after the first models. About 7 are available to walk thru.
- They are building Patio Villa-like homes, will have models.
- They plan to have Premier homes in Phase II.
- They are building 2 Exec golf courses right now -look GREAT- Red Fox and Grey Fox.
- Building a min-golf course (2 9 holes) on a natural island - will real greens/grass)
- They sold 2 homes and 1 lot yesterday - we were told these were the first sales in Fenney (not sure if we heard right tho)
- They said 70 homes are completed, with more in phases of building.
- They bought 7000 acres down there (again not certain if we heard right)
- As usual for TV, they are building Rec Centers, postal stations et al before the homes.
- seems to be laid out really well - rambling, and countrylike.
Yes, the ride down on 468, there are areas where old style single fam "homes" (not TV) are - kinda junky rural like areas. But LOTS of open land/farms etc they will prob also build on.
SO WORTH the trip and tour. The Villages ALWAYS seems to get it right.
I, for one, am thrilled about Fenney et al and good for the TV Management for 'No Buildout'!
The Family could have cashed out and retired - glad they didn't - more retirees can join our lifestyle. And the tons of jobs TV continues....
Thank you-some real info, not conjecture or wishes but actual facts for the most part.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Default Fenney Bus Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What is a Fenney Bus Rider? I just read last week on this Forum that a Patio Villa was offered in Fenney at $135K...I am almost certain of that. At least that is what a poster wrote. That is an amazing price. (If true) Perhaps she wanted to move back to California because of the demographics of our population??? Old? Republ.......Whoops. I almost said it.

Surrounding views? That would be????

I am confused. Are you referring to the Free Tour Bus ride that The Villages Sales Department offers to anyone interested that provides them with some fun information and views of our home town and shows them new builds????

I have never heard anyone who didn't enjoy the tour bus and the very personable tour guides.

Pray tell us more.............Golf Cart Rental .......IN FENNEY? Who what when where why how little how much how big how so?
So the answer for the golf cart rental is the fact that until the two golf courses are complete in the Village of Fenney they will rent you a golf cart at certain championship locations that you can use on the golf courses north of 44. No price was given.

As far as Patio Villa being 135,000, they did not have any of those open at that price. But they are going to have two floor plans that are one bedroom one bath Patio Villa's. Plus they have six other floorplans in the Patio villa series. Two of them come with a golf garage. One of them is actually a three bedroom with a two car garage. So I look forward to going back to see the other floorplans once they get some more villas open.

The community has a lot of nice tree features and water features. But as several people commented it's a long ride down there with no golf cart access at this point. Plus several comments were made about having to travel north for all the activities like your specialized group meetings like Ohio State group, etc.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The lowest price patio villa I see here is $163,022.

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida

I don't know where the $135,000 price comes from.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:49 PM

Great tour and very well organized. There are patio villas with 1 bedroom/1bath priced at $137,000.
It was great to meet Jennifer Parr in person after seeing her on video for so many years. Also got to meet her Son.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:20 PM

A few other tidbits on Fenney; Homes come with Rheem tankless water heaters. Gas is available for your appliances. Lawns are
St. Augustine grass, not zoysia.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The lowest price patio villa I see here is $163,022.

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida

I don't know where the $135,000 price comes from.
Page A-23 Tues. Daily Sun. <.20 an issue with a years subscription.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Whatever or wherever they build its going to be fine. If people want to pick let em pick. Everything is going to be great. We may buy a Fenney house for the weekends. Can't wait to see it.

So you'll be wintering in Fenney and summering in the historic side? Nucky - have you been holding back information from us? Tsk, tsk.

[emoji196] I think you can do that and still be a FROG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
bus, riders, fenney, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.