News from the Fenney bus riders

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
So you'll be wintering in Fenney and summering in the historic side? Nucky - have you been holding back information from us? Tsk, tsk.

[emoji196] I think you can do that and still be a FROG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the record. I wouldn't by choice leave where we live now unless something else in TV was to good to pass up or if the Boss said we're moving. If we won the PowerBall the other night the only difference today is someone else would be typing this for me as I dictate it from my chaffeur driven Golf Cart.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
For the record. I wouldn't by choice leave where we live now unless something else in TV was to good to pass up or if the Boss said we're moving. If we won the PowerBall the other night the only difference today is someone else would be typing this for me as I dictate it from my chaffeur driven Golf Cart.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-01-2017, 05:33 PM

From Morse Blvd. do U go east or west on Hwy. 44 to get to 468????
Old 03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Sage

Neither. Go south on Morse and cross 44 and it then turns into 468; the road is called Morse north of 44 and it is called 468 south of 44. Just continue for a few miles and you will see Fenney on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
From Morse Blvd. do U go east or west on Hwy. 44 to get to 468????
Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Did the tour today....very hot....very crowded, they passed out warm water instead of utilizing all those new refrigerators. Could have put a sign on every other one....Ice water here!!! I would never buy a home in Fenney.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Did the tour today....very hot....very crowded, they passed out warm water instead of utilizing all those new refrigerators. Could have put a sign on every other one....Ice water here!!! I would never buy a home in Fenney.
Aw now kids, you may change your mind. It was just a hot day and you are overheated and grumpy. Makes no nevermind, for danged sure there are folks standing in line to buy, just like we were.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Platinum member

We did the tour today. Very, very well organized. Lots of staff members to assist, including Jennifer Parr. It is lovely--just like the rest of the villages. We enjoyed it very much.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Having Ms. Parr onsite to greet visitors sends a very quick message to my financial brain.
I have no desire to visit Fenny anymore than wanting to visit Stonecrest. I prefer owning gold, not pewter.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Wednesday, was very Hot? I must of missed that. What does that have to do with 'Never buying a home in Fenney?"
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Gold member

At the present moment Fenny is quite lovely, but the area surrounding Fenny seems to be low income housing or older homes that have not been cared for.

Plus the fact that the Federal mens prison is located directly behind the trees....

If Fenny were to be a truly gated community it might be a safer place to live, but as it stands at the moment, the fencing in front along 468 will be very easy to jump and if the gates are fake, like the rest of the villages, it may not be as safe a enviroment as I am used to in the main villages.

My thought anyway....

This may change over time when all the older distressed homes are bought out by commercial entities, but at this moment....in my opinion, I would be a tad nervous to live there.....
Old 03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Gold member

First rule of real estate

LOCATION ....LOCATION.....LOCATION
Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
First rule of real estate

LOCATION ....LOCATION.....LOCATION
And I tell you, Fenney will sell, sell, sell.

I am not a Realtor either, nor do I sell homes in any way, shape or form nor ever did. I am an observer of a very successful place. The fastest growing retirement area anywhere.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

We are going to take the "bus ride" next week to Fenney to see the latest Village of The Villages for ourselves. Most of the observations have been positive----no surprise ----thanks for the reports everyone! I will reserve my comments until then.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
At the present moment Fenny is quite lovely, but the area surrounding Fenny seems to be low income housing or older homes that have not been cared for.

Plus the fact that the Federal mens prison is located directly behind the trees....

If Fenny were to be a truly gated community it might be a safer place to live, but as it stands at the moment, the fencing in front along 468 will be very easy to jump and if the gates are fake, like the rest of the villages, it may not be as safe a enviroment as I am used to in the main villages.

My thought anyway....

This may change over time when all the older distressed homes are bought out by commercial entities, but at this moment....in my opinion, I would be a tad nervous to live there.....
Good points.

Personally I paid more for less house here than I would have gotten in nearby communities for the lifestyle. And that includes EASY access to everything. I am close to square, shopping etc. via golf cart. I think resale value will hold as others want that too. It would make no sense to me to buy in Fenney. It doesn't seem like part of the Villages. How can they connect it? Of course others may not mind the distance etc. and so long as the price is decent relative to other homes outside the Villages than that could be a decent choice for someone.

However, now with reports of potential water shortage (not sure why that water bottling plant was approved) I would be very cautious buying.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Default Any new info about Fenney

Has anyone that has been on The tour heard anything more about planning south of 466 a . The things we are interested hearing about are , Will there eventually be a New town Square. That is important to us. We love the villages but are not as into golf as much as the other activities. Also, a big draw for me is there an actual bike trail or is it just a short walking trail. As much as we love the villages we have looked at many planned communities that are much more liesure walking , biking friendly. You take your life in your hands to get out of my neighborhood to the sidewalk to take a walk. It's very difficult to get out of the way when you're pushing someone in a wheelchair. We tried to get answers from our agent but they are saying they are not getting the information yet
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, riders, fenney, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.