News for New Areas South

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills
Default News for New Areas South

Looking for ANY news on what's happening for TV's far south, especially the EASTERN side toward Leesburg... affecting new areas of La Belle and Osceola Hills... Is this the area of the "final" build-out?

First set of inquiries (and there are many sets): When will the Burnsed Rec Center open? Any other rec centers/pools to be added here? Any new executive courses planned for the south (Soaring Eagle-Rohan areas east toward Leesburg)? Is there any talk of expansion across 44 (there's a LOT of open lands there). Will Morse Blvd continue across 44? Will the "wildlife" areas be accessible? Is that a "hidden river" south of Belle Glade CC?

Moving into TV (closing this month)... Just as you Northern TVs looked for news when the north was developed, and you Middle TVs craved information on the great central lands, and the Western TVs could not wait for Brownwood talk, we, the newest residents of the TV Universe, seek news on our land claims to the far south and east....Thank you!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Do you want rumor or facts?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Is this the area of the "final" build-out?

Seriously, most of this "information" is usually rumor until something is actually being built
Old 01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Default response to questions regarding belle glade, tv southeast;

There is a master plan for the villages that has existed since at least 2010 and that plan shows tv southeast as the final buildout. You would need to call/contact for that info.

Ownership of any property in lake, marion or sumter county can be discovered on the local county's webpage, for example; lake county property appraiser.

Morse boulevard south of 44 is cr 468 and that is discovered on google.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
There is a master plan for the villages that has existed since at least 2010 and that plan shows tv southeast as the final buildout. You would need to call/contact for that info.

Ownership of any property in lake, marion or sumter county can be discovered on the local county's webpage, for example; lake county property appraiser.

Morse boulevard south of 44 is cr 468 and that is discovered on google.
Yes, but there may very well have been a "master plan" in 2005, 2000, 1990, etc. The one from 1975 probably showed 75 trailers and possibly a convenience store. Plans change.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post
Looking for ANY news on what's happening for TV's far south, especially the EASTERN side toward Leesburg... affecting new areas of La Belle and Osceola Hills... Is this the area of the "final" build-out?

First set of inquiries (and there are many sets): When will the Burnsed Rec Center open? Any other rec centers/pools to be added here? Any new executive courses planned for the south (Soaring Eagle-Rohan areas east toward Leesburg)? Is there any talk of expansion across 44 (there's a LOT of open lands there). Will Morse Blvd continue across 44? Will the "wildlife" areas be accessible? Is that a "hidden river" south of Belle Glade CC?

Moving into TV (closing this month)... Just as you Northern TVs looked for news when the north was developed, and you Middle TVs craved information on the great central lands, and the Western TVs could not wait for Brownwood talk, we, the newest residents of the TV Universe, seek news on our land claims to the far south and east....Thank you!

Regarding the "hidden river", I have observed it flowing in opposite directions on two separate days.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida

"So many social engagements, so little time."
Old 01-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is this the area of the "final" build-out?

Seriously, most of this "information" is usually rumor until something is actually being built
I have taken the liberty to edit your first sentence with the intent of adding more clarity and accuracy:

"...Is this the area of the next "final" build-out?..."
Old 01-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

No news to share? Hmmm... I suppose TVs deep southeast (LaBelle and Osceola Hills) isn't on TOTV radar yet... Will try old-school way...discovering on own.

On that, I do have some good news!

A Publix grocery store and a Citizens Bank office are being built in the shopping area near the Rohan Center... so, the LaBelle-Osceola Hills folk do not have to travel far for essentials. Learned that new Burnsed Rec (and Moyer Rec) are classified as "under construction"... With Burnsed RUMORED to be open soon.

Heard that the postal stations in these areas are opened when residents hit 20% of build... not sure where mail goes...

While I hoped that others in-the-know could/would chime in, as I learn more, I will update information.

As to the suggestion placed about "rumors"... news is news...

Presuming to speak for the new TV South-Easterns, "we" are thrilled to be residents of what looks to be the most amazing retirement place on earth.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I have taken the liberty to edit your first sentence with the intent of adding more clarity and accuracy:

"...Is this the area of the next "final" build-out?..."
So true
Old 01-14-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Heard that the postal stations in these areas are opened when residents hit 20% of build... not sure where mail goes...
Having watched several new areas being built, I can assure you that the mail stations/local pools are completed long before any homes are sold. We bought in one of the first areas of Hillsborough to be sold, and had no problems receiving mail starting the day we closed.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Eternal Member

When The Villages makes a formal announcement or we see it coming out of the ground, we shall then know.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
On that, I do have some good news!

A Publix grocery store and a Citizens Bank office are being built in the shopping area near the Rohan Center... so, the LaBelle-Osceola Hills folk do not have to travel far for essentials. Learned that new Burnsed Rec (and Moyer Rec) are classified as "under construction"... With Burnsed RUMORED to be open soon.

While I hoped that others in-the-know could/would chime in, as I learn more, I will update information.

As to the suggestion placed about "rumors"... news is news...

Presuming to speak for the new TV South-Easterns, "we" are thrilled to be residents of what looks to be the most amazing retirement place on earth.
The guys over at Jersey Mike's Sub Shop said they are opening a new location in that Publix Shopping Center, I guess they got there before Subway. We can only cross our fingers. If you're not familar, go and eat one of their subs, they are located in front of Target next to Jim's Golf Shop, and they have surpassed 1000 locations nationwide.

I guess you know the Rohan Rec Center opened. Two ways to stay on top of news. One is to subsribe to TV News Letter on their main website, link The Villages - Vmail Signup or just go to their YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVillagesFlorida the other way is to read the online newspaper, it's link is not permitted on this site since they are a non-advertiser, but just type in your browser "www villages - news . com" but spaced all together. Even photos from that site won't post.

Something I found out last weekend was the Gun Shop and Shooting Range on Hwy 44 Leesburg is now just 2.4 miles from TV since Morse goes all the way to Hwy 44. The Gun Shop & Gun Range | Home
Old 01-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
When The Villages makes a formal announcement or we see it coming out of the ground, we shall then know.

Someone I know that works in the mortgage dept., says there are still 2,000 homes that need to be sold.

There are 300 homes in the NW corner just south of 42 that are to be built.

Although some people believe build-out is a myth, only the developer knows the answer for sure.

BTW - I was told my a person in the sales office that all the land on the other side of 44 is owned by large corporations and will build when TV completes building.

I'm not holding my breath on that opinion/rumor.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-14-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:

If I remember correctly Burnsed Rec Center is scheduled to open Friday Jan. 29
Closed Thread

Tags
south, tvs, news, areas, talk, east, open, rec, belle, lands, leesburg, river, hidden, glade, northern, month, moving, closing, developed, brownwood, claims, wait, land, seek, universe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.