No more Scooter?

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM

any entertainment should be under review for how it performs and the following it generates. weed out the bad change it up once in awhile. just keep on top of it and replace the duds. whatever they are.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmanf View Post
What a bunch of snobs. The villages golf courses are for everyone, good and bad players. What's ur rush, u r retired. Relax and left everyone enjoy the place we allllllll pay for
Hi there TallmanF. To whom are you speaking and about what? Translation; Say WHAT?

If you are promoting slow play on the golf course, you will be debated, yelled at, shouted down, and reported to the Ambassadors who can't do a thing or they'll be band.

Who ya callin' a snob?

AND...back to the subject of entertainment at the squares; For free take, for buy complain.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
In my opinion, there will be a subtle change in music over the next few years. As a newer demographic continues to move in to TV, there will be a switch from 40s, 50s and 60s music to more 60s, 70s and eighties. I would imagine that will continue until we start hearing Drake, Beyonc, Grande and Adele being performed by bands as opposed to DJs. A sixty year old now was just 18 in 1974 and when I turned 18, music took another turn. Good? Bad? it's all relevant.
I agree. Music changes with the generations...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2016, 04:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

My my my this thread is getting the same attention as saving chairs. Line dancers don't get me started
Old 05-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Gold member

I heard they are keeping scooter and rightly so. He brings in the crowds like rocky! I love scooter and would be upset also!!
Old 05-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Eternal Member

My idea of a DJ is not people like Scooter, Dunning Shaw, Mark Seymour, Suzie Casta, Lisa Beck, Kathleen Kane, C Squared Duo, etc. They are awesome entertaining singers.
But, I will use the term "DJ" when talking about them.

I like the mix of bands & "DJ's". What I like about "DJ's" is they sing a lot of the newer songs. Most of the full bands do not do a lot of these songs. We have so many talented people here that there is room for everyone.
If you don't like who is at one square, go to one of the other squares.
The fact that we even have a choice of 3 different squares is awesome. Let's count our blessings and just enjoy what we have.
I'm not a line dancer, but to each their own. I'm just happy seeing people moving and having fun.
I hope everyone has a wonderful & happy day !
Old 05-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Incorrect auto check ?
since both are proper spellings for different words they wouldn't be highlighted by spell check.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Default banned

I did my research. It's "banned" not "band."
Old 05-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawngilander View Post
I did my research. It's "banned" not "band."
Not in the original letter to the editor on the online news that was the subject of this whole thread. The letter writer wrote band, instead of banned. We aren't all as dumb as we look, well maybe I am.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Platinum member
Default dj music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
My idea of a DJ is not people like Scooter, Dunning Shaw, Mark Seymour, Suzie Casta, Lisa Beck, Kathleen Kane, C Squared Duo, etc. They are awesome entertaining singers.
But, I will use the term "DJ" when talking about them.

I like the mix of bands & "DJ's". What I like about "DJ's" is they sing a lot of the newer songs. Most of the full bands do not do a lot of these songs. We have so many talented people here that there is room for everyone.
If you don't like who is at one square, go to one of the other squares.
The fact that we even have a choice of 3 different squares is awesome. Let's count our blessings and just enjoy what we have.
I'm not a line dancer, but to each their own. I'm just happy seeing people moving and having fun.
I hope everyone has a wonderful & happy day !
Maybe the people in charge need to pay more if they expect everyone to have a live band. I will listen to scooter or s. Casta anyday over some of the live bands. Look at the crowds and see which ones don't pull the crowds in at the squares.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:07 PM

Scooter is NOT A DJ...He is a SHOW....Anyone knowing the first thing about entertainment would know that when you engage your audience you are then an entertainer, a show, you have appeal. Anyone can push buttons on a DJ console, this does not make them an entertainer, same as when you turn on your radio at home, in the car.

Also that group that popped up back in March I think it was and then again in Brownwood in maybe April or May, The Village American Bandstand, I think was their name... They were three very entertaining guys that really worked the crowd and played great music by request...I just started to like them and I guess they're gone too. Someone should pay more attention to what people want.

After all this is part of why we are all here in the first place, isn't it?

Sorry for the rant!
Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

If the entertainers were from the top of the A list, somebody would come on here and post something to bitch about....................................
Old 05-30-2016, 01:22 PM

The original story that started this thread was a letter to the editor at - villages(hyphen)news(dot)com/entertainment-at-the-squares - (They wont let me post html yet. I have to play games with the link). All the hubbub about banning line dancing and the word "band" comes from this letter. Here is the entire comment, "Another item taken away from the residents! Next thing, all line dancers will be band(sic) from dancing at the squares", was obviously meant as sarcasm, not as a real suggestion to eliminate line dancing. Since Scooter is considered "entertainment" he is staying. It probably would have been helpful if the link to the story was included at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by Hansa; 05-30-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansa View Post
The original story that started this thread was a letter to the editor at - villages(hyphen)news(dot)com/entertainment-at-the-squares - (They wont let me post html yet. I have to play games with the link). All the hubbub about banning line dancing and the word "band" comes from this letter. Here is the entire comment, "Another item taken away from the residents! Next thing, all line dancers will be band(sic) from dancing at the squares", was obviously meant as sarcasm, not as a real suggestion to eliminate line dancing. Since Scooter is considered "entertainment" he is staying. It probably would have been helpful if the link to the story was included at the beginning of this thread.
There is a play on the same subject;

Much Ado About Nothing.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Default Scooter and more Scotter

Scotter was at SS lat Friday and I talked to him after his show about his 'demise'. Not only is he playing at Sl tonight but they have added another night to his schedule. He was frustrated by the Letter in V-N because it resulted in a barrage of emails and Facebook comments that he has to deal with. He explained that the changing entertainers process is based on how big a crowd they draw (yes, some of it is about money) and the under-performers are being replaced. So we can all expect to see more of him in the future and, especially TPK, can rest easy.........
Closed Thread

Tags
line, rumor, scooter, djs, entertain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.