No more Scooter?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
So, if this were true and we had no more DJs, just live bands performing, what is the consensus? Is this good or bad? I know I always prefer a band. I can turn on my stereo at home and listen to music all day.

There are many entertainers in the area who never get to perform on the squares while we get plenty of DJs (ugh). How about SSnakeyez on the square, or RockUs??? Much better than DJs IMHO.

Also, I'd venture to say that while most of us would and do pay to see live performances at the Sharon or Savannah Centers, not many would pay to see a DJ, so why should we pay for a DJ at the squares unless of course no other live entertainment is available?

As for line dancers...they can dance to and do dance to live music...there is no need for DJs to dance in a line!

Comments??
How did we pay for the entertainment at the squares? A DJ like scooter is more than someone that just plays music, he is entertaining and draws crowds to the squares. The good news for you is there are never 3 DJ's a night, if you want live music one or two of the squares will always have live music. The objective here is to provide something for everyone, not narrow choices more than the three squares can accommodate.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-21-2016, 02:08 PM

I use the word "we" collectively. Perhaps $$ isn't coming out of your pocket, or mine, but someone (perhaps the store owners, perhaps a Sumter County grant) is paying for every performer at every square. So I guess I ask again, what are our preferences? (You never mentioned if you would actually buy a ticket to see a DJ at a performing arts center.) We all have opinions and this blog is one way of voicing them. I, for one, would prefer live bands, not DJs as I stated and do not feel that bands in anyway infringe on folks being able to line dance.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I use the word "we" collectively. Perhaps $$ isn't coming out of your pocket, or mine, but someone (perhaps the store owners, perhaps a Sumter County grant) is paying for every performer at every square. So I guess I ask again, what are our preferences? (You never mentioned if you would actually buy a ticket to see a DJ at a performing arts center.) We all have opinions and this blog is one way of voicing them. I, for one, would prefer live bands, not DJs as I stated and do not feel that bands in anyway infringe on folks being able to line dance.
No perhaps. The merchants and in the case of Sumter County a grant.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Scooter is awesome....

although he's a "DJ" in the true sense...and line dancing is his thing.....he teaches you what to do.....

Scooter gets everyone excited and they are having so much fun....so they don't even realize they are exercising...

WE WANT SCOOTER....WE WANT SCOOTER....

come on people don't get him ousted.... lets get a petition to keep Scooter....

Last edited by kstew43; 05-21-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Sage

Last edited by Shimpy; 05-21-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Sage

The band was banned from playing line dancing music but the line dancers brought their own band, who had been banned from playing polkas in the street
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Scooter is awesome....

although he's a "DJ" in the true sense...and line dancing is his thing.....he teaches you what to do.....

Scooter gets everyone excited and they are having so much fun....so they don't even realize they are exercising...

Have you confirmed he has been banned?
Old 05-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
The squares should all be about having fun. No matter what is happening you can join in.
Are you sure about this ?
Old 05-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I suggest that if one is concerned about the possible loss of Scooter the DJ, they attend Welcome Wednesday and ask The Villsges management. They may not be the ones making the decision, but I am sure they know what is happening.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
unlike some people on this forum... I truely don't have the time to do all the research....make all the calls and attend all the necessary meetings just to verify all the simple information that is posted on this forum.

I generally tend to take people at the word. Time will tell..
Old 05-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I suggest that if one is concerned about the possible loss of Scooter the DJ, they attend Welcome Wednesday and ask The Villsges management. They may not be the ones making the decision, but I am sure they know what is happening.
A good idea! As per Bogie Shooters suggestion, I sent an email to Erica Ramos for clarification on the DJs at the squares. As it sometimes takes time for them to respond, the Wednesday thing might be quicker.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-22-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
How did we pay for the entertainment at the squares? A DJ like scooter is more than someone that just plays music, he is entertaining and draws crowds to the squares. The good news for you is there are never 3 DJ's a night, if you want live music one or two of the squares will always have live music. The objective here is to provide something for everyone, not narrow choices more than the three squares can accommodate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Scooter is awesome....

My wife and I wholeheartedly agree. Scooter is our favorite DJ and we enjoy how much fun he has when he performs. Soon we will be there full time, but every time we come down, we check to see if and where Scooter is playing. And yes, we do join the line dancers, isn't having fun one of the goals of living in the Villages?
Old 05-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
My wife and I wholeheartedly agree. Scooter is our favorite DJ and we enjoy how much fun he has when he performs. Soon we will be there full time, but every time we come down, we check to see if and where Scooter is playing. And yes, we do join the line dancers, isn't having fun one of the goals of living in the Villages?
Where will Scooter be on any given day??
Old 05-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

If and when I listen to my wife, she gives me super advice. I just sent Scooter an email asking him if he knows anything about this matter.

click on link below for scooter times

The Villages
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
If and when I listen to my wife, she gives me super advice. I just sent Scooter an email asking him if he knows anything about this matter.

click on link below for scooter times

The Villages
The Villages

Thanks for posting that link.
Closed Thread

Tags
line, rumor, scooter, dj’s, entertain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.