Never been to a WaWa.

How about one of these stations in Ohio:

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010602.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	67880  
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
The Lady Lake Town Commission voted down a WaWa gas station in the town limits. Reasons given included having too many gas stations/convenience stores as it is. However, as anyone from South Jersey can tell you, WaWa's isn't just any old gas station. Their food and drinks are superior to what you would find at any other convenience store. Too bad. If you want to WaWa, you'll have to drive down to Clermont!
Some gave you some bad info. As noted by Mleeja above, the Sun reports just the opposite. By a 3-2 vote, they voted to proceed with the WaWa project. It will occupy about 1-1/2 acres and they still have to decide on other details, such as allowing a shorter setback from the road. They will have tables and eating area.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

There are 2 planned Wawa's one at each end of 466, Wildwood and Lady Lake, and if a recall correctly, a third was being discussed on RT 42, with all of the new building proposed for south of RT 44, I could see another one on 44, that would give them all four (current) sides of The Villages.
Hoping to see the ground breaking for the one on RT 301 and 466 now that they look to be getting ready to pave 466 (west of 301), I know we will be stopping there 2-3 times per week after bowling.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

About six months before we departed Central New Jersey two WaWa's were constructed in our town. They were large, clean, easy to enter and exit and the gas prices were always a little lower than everyone else. The Coffee was almost as good as Dunkin Donuts and the made a Sub Sandwich quickly that was delicious. A quality operation. I still bought my gas at a tiny Sunoco Station who over extended himself to supply us gas after the Sandy Storm and still washed your windshield when you filled up like in the old days.

I have never waited in line for gas in The Villages since we moved here so maybe the people in charge know what they are doing? It is possible.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:12 AM

I've lived in the land of Wawa most of my life.

A few observations:

Wawa will price their gas a few cents less then competing stations, they call it regional pricing. Two Wawa's a couple miles apart can have two different gas prices. Once Wawa removes the competition the prices rise. In my area before Wawa forced out all but one gas station we had on average some of the lowest gas prices around now we have some of the highest.

About 10 years ago Wawa switched from fresh cut meats and veggies for their sandwiches to all prepackaged ingredients. It's not the same.

I'd rather have Sheetz but the closest one to me is 100 miles away
Old 04-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
The Lady Lake Town Commission voted down a WaWa gas station in the town limits.
I just read in the paper that the vote was 3 for and 2 against. I can understand the dilemma for the town council......several established businesses will be sold and torn down and there are already many fast food establishments in that area, as well as other gas stations.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, wawa, station, town, superior

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.