Noise from neighbors lanai

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Why would the Police discourage a polite approach?
Because you never know who's going to have a baton.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't think this is a Kissing Lanai situation, perhaps it is.
I find it confusing that the OP backs on a nature preserve, yet has a lanai behind her.
Perhaps it's the property to the right or left of the OP's home, in which case I'd hire landscapers to plant a tall hedge.
That was the point of my question to the OP up there in post 8. In her answer, post 10, she says the noise is to the right and behind. Perhaps the nature preserve ends at the side of her backyard, and she has a lanai katty-cornered to her. Almost a kissing lanai situation.

If you want a view, you have to make sure you own the view. I guess if you want privacy, you should own the whole block!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Sage

The OP said she backs on a nature preserve, You can't get much more private than that.
No pesky gas carts rumbling by her house or golf balls in her yard.
Surely noisy neighbors to the right or left can be screened by planting privacy hedges?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
The OP said she backs on a nature preserve, You can't get much more private than that.
Surely noisy neighbors to the right or left can be screened by planting privacy hedges?
She did not say she backs onto a nature preserve. She said "We recently moved to a new neighborhood, on a nature preserve for the quiet and nature." I think there's a little bit of fudging going on. Go back and read posts 8 & 10. My guess is she has a neighbor behind her whose noise she doesn't like.

In any event, she's not living on ten acres in the middle of the woods.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
A privacy hedge is only visual. It will not lessen the noise much.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
She did not say she backs onto a nature preserve. She said "We recently moved to a new neighborhood, on a nature preserve for the quiet and nature." I think there's a little bit of fudging going on.
You're right - good catch.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-05-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
A privacy hedge is only visual. It will not lessen the noise much.
Also if the neighbors are smokers guess where they migrate to do the deed. Nothing as refreshing as the waft of a good cigar with Sunday morning brunch.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
they are a bunch of gay women.
So My comment was either deleted or admin did not approve it to go up because I'm not seeing it so I'll state it again but with a quote:
I feel like the fact that you felt the need bring this up and say this as part of your defense is problematic and shows the real issue here. you also brought up they invite friends over but I'm assuming you are not invited. could it be the real issues here you have with them is not the noise level at all and you are *looking* for a reason to have an issue with them?
I suggest you politely and non-passive-aggressively speak to them. BEFORE involving the police.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Noisy neighbors are starting to look better than the lung full of pesticides I just got from my neignbor's pest control people. I was just enjoying lunch on my lanai when the pest control people sprayed the next lawn over and the spray drifted over here through the privacy hedge, lanai screen , etc. It's a windy day, but I wish the wind had taken the chemicals the other way.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Also if the neighbors are smokers guess where they migrate to do the deed. Nothing as refreshing as the waft of a good cigar with Sunday morning brunch.
Even more than noisy nearby neighbors I dread living close or downwind from a house where the inhabitants smoke any substance on their lanai.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Even more than noisy nearby neighbors I dread living close or downwind from a house where the inhabitants smoke any substance on their lanai.
If the neighbors are smoking illegal substances on their lanai do you suggest I politely and non-passive-aggressively speak to them before involving the police?
Old 03-07-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
If the neighbors are smoking illegal substances on their lanai do you suggest I politely and non-passive-aggressively speak to them before involving the police?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the cops don't care that your neighbor might have a joint.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanentvacation View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the cops don't care that your neighbor might have a joint.
Do you think leo cares if it is crack?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Could be medical, chemo and radiation can kick the crap out of you, MM is extremely helpful
Old 03-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I would go inside let them enjoy the Puff and then carry on with my life. Live & Let Live. I have COPD and wonder how many people I zapped with my second hand smoke? Regrets I have a few.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, nature, lanai, mentioned, street

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.