Not happy with Villages Realtors

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Grace you are wrong about the walk thru. I have bought quite a few preoowned houses and have always had a walk thru and that includes 2 homes in the villages
you are absolutly correct.......the purpose of a walk thru is to make sure the property looks exactly the same or repairs completed as the property did the day you signed the sales contract to buy.

the time frame till closing can be 45-60 days....so the sellers can make changes sometimes and not for the better..

I have seen draw pulls changes, lighting changed....carpets stained, walls bruised, stained...ect..

you must check everything.....before signing the closing paperwork...

If you go into a closing "new or used" without a walk thru that morning or the previous night.....your making a huge mistake....

Thats what a good realtor does for you.....
Old 09-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The OP using the title Realtor caught my eye right away, and I was just getting ready to hit reply when I saw your post and then deleted mine. Here's a situation that not being a Realtor they were able to side-step.

In 2012 our next door neighbor in his 2011 built courtyard villa, who still lived and worked in Connecticut, came for a visit. They had only been here for a couple of short visits before, they found the master bathroom and bedroom flooded with standing water. They knew immediately the carpeting and drywall was ruined plus other damage.

They contacted TV warranty department and they found a leak in the plumbing under the master bath in the slab. For three weeks they worked to repair the problem. Jack Hammering into the slab, fixing the slab, replacing all the drywall, the bathroom vanity and flooring in both the BR and Bath. It looked like new when they were finished and nothing was charged to the owner.

A week later the owner scared to live there in the future, listed the home with TV Sales Office for $209K, they had paid $162K for the new masonry CYV the year before. They sold the home in one week for $193K and when the new owners were standing in the driveway just moments after arriving for the first time. Another neighbor asked them, what did you think about the flooding problem. They had no clue that there was damage and a major repair.

They got a lawyer and contacted TV Sales Office and the response was, the TV Warranty Department fixed the problem so there was no need to convey any information to the buyers. That owner immediately listed the home with TV Sales Office and it sold in two weeks for $215K. Guess what, that owner was never told either, but they still own the home three years later.
Thats against Department of Realtors State of Florida Laws. DBPR: Home Page

Disclosure statement.....is a list of all know issues with the home that is filled out buy the sellers when the home is listed.

A disclosure statement, signed by the sellers and accepted buy the buyers....with there signatures.... is required under state laws......salesagents from VLS? who knows?

If the realtor knew this information and didn't disclose this to the new buyers.....they are in big trouble and I do hope they carry really high insurance on themselves...

If the realtor did not know this information.....hence the sellers lied....then the sellers will get theres....Karma sucks...

Its a scary world out there.....look out for #1.....you
Old 09-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
I find it sad that a sizable percentage of folks nowadays are so distrustful of companies (or even their fellow citizens) that they immediately suspect there is a systematic intent to cheat them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Its a scary world out there.....look out for #1.....you
Two different ways of looking at life.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Two different ways of looking at life.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Seems like a very large pool of satisfied customers and a strong business continuing.

Makes all of our investments worth more as time progresses. I think we were all smart to buy here and I know most everyone I know loves the day to day fun.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Just to let you in on a little knowledge of the real estate profession....

A Realtor can work for only one Broker or builder.

If as a Realtor, and do not belong to that board, you can not sell. Meaning, if you are not a member of the Sumter, lake or Marion Board of realtors...you CAN NOT sell in the Villages or those counties...

So putting the blame on disgruntled mls Realtors is ridiculous since most of the fellow Realtors I know that have homes in the villages and write on TOTV are members of other boards so why would we care.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, realtors, happy, priority, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.