Often no way to contact seller in classified, suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
This may sound ridiculous, but there are a number of people who don't know how to use the Private Message function.
My computer tells me when I have a private message and how to retrieve it (click here).
But perhaps I had to set this up in my User Profile.
I guess the whole point of this thread is that some people who post an ad have no idea how they will be contacted?
If people don't know how to use PM, and don't put a telephone number in their classified, could use smoke signals.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
My computer tells me when I have a private message and how to retrieve it (click here).
But perhaps I had to set this up in my User Profile.
I guess the whole point of this thread is that some people who post an ad have no idea how they will be contacted?
If people don't know how to use PM, and don't put a telephone number in their classified, could use smoke signals.
Please, no smoke signals...until we get some rain.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Default Private Messaging

How to send private message to seller?
Old 03-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Default Re:items for sale

I too am having problems using the site. I have messaged folks and NEVER received a reply. Asking for additional info but useless too! i just posted an item n have both phone n e-mail. Tried a test message... did not work?? Ugh!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Click on the user name and this will "drop down"......

sunny46
View Public Profile
Send a private message to sunny46
Find all posts by sunny46
Add sunny46 to Your Contacts

Click "send a private message to....." and a box will pop up to compose your message.
Unless you use a smart phone and tapatalk. Then the directions are completely different...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 PM
TOTV Moderator

When you see an ad with a link to the original ad (posted in the Classified section), click on the link to take you to the original ad. On the right side there should be boxes that will show contact information as well as a link to send a message to the seller.

For ads without an active link, your best option is to click on the member's name and select the option to send a Private Message (PM) to the seller.

Unfortunately, if the seller doesn't monitor their PM mailbox (check just under your name after logging in) there is nothing further to do except continue to post your interest in the thread.

Sellers: Please monitor your PM mailbox as described above. You can delete an ad when it sells to avoid further contacts. In Classified, there is a trash can to the right of the ad. Clicking on that will delete the ad. Don't forget to delete the duplicate ad in Items for Sale that the system automatically created.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

I just put 3 ads in the classified section, but I expect the interested buyer to "pm" me. I thought that was the safest way. I suppose I could have put in my phone number but I didn't feel comfortable doing it.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper'smom View Post
I too am having problems using the site. I have messaged folks and NEVER received a reply. Asking for additional info but useless too! i just posted an item n have both phone n e-mail. Tried a test message... did not work?? Ugh!!!
maybe they aren't really interested in selling after all.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I think you are right! And why do residents have to make things more difficult than they really are? We have enough rules here in The Villages!!!

I have posted items for sale and have always put my phone number in the body of the ad.
I have NEVER received a strange phone call that wasn't related to the item, and NEVER have I ever received a call that was of a scam type variety.
Why is the TOTV classified section any different that an ad in The Sun? You put your phone number in their ad.

If you have an ad in and are single, simply have someone be with you when someone comes to see the item.

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. It's really quite simply folks. Put your phone number in the damn ad!
I have been trying for a week to contact a seller but get no answer Why no info in ad?

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

Tags
number, times, classified, suggestions, seller

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.