one hour wait at Mallory with tons of empty tables

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

Grown adults all having to sit together at the same table in the school lunchroom, before recess, is silliness from the start.

It's not like they all haven't seen each other on the golf course and in the neighborhoods and town squares here.

If you want banquet service, call the banquet manager and make a reservation so they can be properly staffed AND have the group seated where their noise doesn't make it impossible for everyone else to have a conversation.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

I live in Sabal Chase and love to eat at Mallory.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Platinum member

I love it when people say they won't go back to a restaurant. This just means better service for the rest of us....
Old 05-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Any restaurant worth its salt should be able to handle a party of eleven if there are a bunch of tables empty. An hour wait is ridiculous.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-04-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Default This seems like a restaurant discussion

Most restaurants assign servers several tables in an area then spread customers among those areas as evenly as possible. The hostesses at Mallory are experienced and do a pretty good job of doing this. A party of eleven would require at least two large tables and more likely 3-4 tables adjacent. It is probable that even though there were many empty tables, the hostess knew from seating times that it could be an hour before they would have empty tables adjacent to one another to seat a group of eleven.

It is also interesting the OP arrived at Mallory at 7ish and was so enthralled by the company they demanded to be seated with that they traveled back to Gator's, were seated and were making the original post by 7:30ish.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Any restaurant worth its salt should be able to handle a party of eleven if there are a bunch of tables empty. An hour wait is ridiculous.
Any customer worth their salt knows empty tables does not equate to the ability to handle.

I give the employees credit for being honest and letting the customer know how long it will be. If the OP was seated at an empty table and they were not served for an hour......well you can imagine.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Most restaurants assign servers several tables in an area then spread customers among those areas as evenly as possible. The hostesses at Mallory are experienced and do a pretty good job of doing this. A party of eleven would require at least two large tables and more likely 3-4 tables adjacent. It is probable that even though there were many empty tables, the hostess knew from seating times that it could be an hour before they would have empty tables adjacent to one another to seat a group of eleven.
I think you nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
It is also interesting the OP arrived at Mallory at 7ish and was so enthralled by the company they demanded to be seated with that they traveled back to Gator's, were seated and were making the original post by 7:30ish.
Good catch.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Any customer worth their salt knows empty tables does not equate to the ability to handle.

I give the employees credit for being honest and letting the customer know how long it will be. If the OP was seated at an empty table and they were not served for an hour......well you can imagine.
No excuse for not being able to handle 11 people sooner than an hour, unless the restaurant was full.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Same old group blaming the OP for daring to state their opinion.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Grown adults all having to sit together at the same table in the school lunchroom, before recess, is silliness from the start.

It's not like they all haven't seen each other on the golf course and in the neighborhoods and town squares here.

If you want banquet service, call the banquet manager and make a reservation so they can be properly staffed AND have the group seated where their noise doesn't make it impossible for everyone else to have a conversation.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Same old group blaming the OP for daring to state their opinion.
And YOU are disagreeing or challenging or stating YOUR opinion about the "same old group". I believe that is one of the purposes of this forum, to discuss and cuss and agree and disagree and talk about stuff.

I am a HUGE fan of the veteran servers in The Villages. Some of them have held their positions for years. They are amazingly good at their jobs, and patient with a bunch of folks who are too often impatient, have no bringin' up, and are demanding, especially when they have a snootfull. I would last just about five minutes at their very difficult job.

WAIT. WAIT.WAIT.............

I didn't read this OP's statement very well, thinking I was responding to yesterday's thread about Mallory, which I can't find (that's a mystery) where the OP demanded to be seated and served before the whole group arrived and said the server said that "It was his way or no way". That statement didn't ring true to me...........I remembered it quite clearly. The other thread is gone..hmmmm.

You may be right outlaw. I was thinking I was "piling on" to that thread.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-05-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devohna View Post
we have gone to the Mallory almost once a week since we moved here but tonight will be the end for me for a while. there was a group of 11 of us tonight went there after being on the square we got there around 7 ish and there were tons of empty tables. we were told there was a 1 hour wait as since the snow birds are gone they cut staff. I guess those of us who live here year round and support these businesses on their off season don't matter. we turned our golf cart around went back to the square to gators and got right in. I am done with Mallory for a long while.
I see from one of your prior complaints that you had the same experience at Orange Blossom.

Was that a large group, too?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
No excuse for not being able to handle 11 people sooner than an hour, unless the restaurant was full.
Again........not having salt, you miss the other functions (other than tables) within a restaurant which must have capacity in order to serve people.

It's like going to the grocery store, seeing open parking places and assuming the store is open and you can go in buy bread and salt.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Default Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
You are correct. Try Cane Gardens. Service was good today. Nothing special about Malory that you should wait 1 hour.
Are you kidding me. Agree Cane is good, but it seems like it's an 45min to one hour wait whenever you go. I gave up the last 4 times I tried.
Closed Thread

Tags
mallory, tonight, square, wait, tables, hour, empty, tons, businesses, guess, live, round, year, support, long, gators, back, turned, matter, golf, cart, season, birds, group, end

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.