One of the indicted Navy officers

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Sage

And they still have their sign infront of their house with names on it ,what Chutzpah
Old 03-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Here's another one who read the indictment. Lausman was never accused of attending any of the sex parties. Shame the online news had to phrase it in that manner. His alleged benefits were paid vacations, upgraded hotel rooms, dinners, gifts. Regardless, it is a royal, ugly mess. That it affects our community is unfortunate. The fact that it was a Republican in our community is absolutely irrelevant.

As to being innocent until proven guilty, I don't think there is much doubt that this scandal occurred. Too many specific facts and dates. If they get off, it will be on a technicality, not because they didn't do it.
RED, I so respect you. Sometimes your lack of bias makes me tense and sometimes I just love you for it. You are one of the few people I have ever met who is analytical in a fair way.

This is so awful. I am sure that no one who voted for him to be president of the Republican Club would ever have suspected that with his background anything like this could occur.

A disclaimer. I haven't ever belonged to any organization associated with a political party. They are usually too polarized for me. I am a wimpy Rino, I guess. I stand for moderation and common sense, at least that is what I like to believe.

I do have some stellar friends on both sides of the aisle. Or at least I did yesterday.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
And they still have their sign infront of their house with names on it ,what Chutzpah
He was taken into custody 2 days ago. I doubt taking the sign down was at the top of the list of things to worry about.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Lets see how fast a house on Russell Loop is for sale ?
Zillow has it valued at a tad over $1M, but they paid 5% less for it in 2014...than what it sold for when it was built in 2007.

So much for house prices here...always appreciating.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Is that important to you? You took the time to look up the house? Tsk Tsk....................
Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

This is so awful. I am sure that no one who voted for him to be president of the Republican Club would ever have suspected that with his background anything like this could occur.

A disclaimer. I haven't ever belonged to any organization associated with a political party. They are usually too polarized for me. I am a wimpy Rino, I guess. I stand for moderation and common sense, at least that is what I like to believe.
I had been a member of number of Republican Political Action Committees up until my retirement here. Such an announcement would bring great disbelief and disappointment to members of the local club.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden

I read this thread out of curiosity and have no knowledge of the individual and any opinions about his guilt or innocence. That is for the judicial system to decide. I am disappointed as a new resident to TV that TOTV is such a gossip forum. If this was one of your family members or one of your family members was indicted for something such as drugs or grand theft would you want the community talking about it? Try to think of this individuals family and how they feel (and how you would feel). No doubt that folks have driven by the house, pulled it up on Zillow, etc. I enjoy this forum for the Q&A and help that I get from the residents, not the petty noise and gossip. IMHO
Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage

An 0-6 pension, is close to 10K a month, he's too young for SS, thats not enough for a million $ house unless he squirreled away $$ from his nefarious deeds. corruption pays till you get caught

Be retired Navy, the reason I'm on the Capt's case--because I know how many young sailors lives were made miserable for minor infractions , loss pf pay and reduction in rank at the hands of officers who thought they walked on water

Thank God I was in the Submarine service--where the officers and enlisted were brothers--we all shared the same fate--they respected us & we respected them

I'm a retired CPO
Old 03-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4me View Post
I read this thread out of curiosity and have no knowledge of the individual and any opinions about his guilt or innocence. That is for the judicial system to decide. I am disappointed as a new resident to TV that TOTV is such a gossip forum. If this was one of your family members or one of your family members was indicted for something such as drugs or grand theft would you want the community talking about it? Try to think of this individuals family and how they feel (and how you would feel). No doubt that folks have driven by the house, pulled it up on Zillow, etc. I enjoy this forum for the Q&A and help that I get from the residents, not the petty noise and gossip. IMHO

This is NOT petty noise and gossip. This is criminal, possibly treasonous, activity. As Americans and taxpayers, we all have a right to be concerned and, yes, outraged by this alleged behavior. This is not something that should be glossed over.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Zillow has it valued at a tad over $1M, but they paid 5% less for it in 2014...than what it sold for when it was built in 2007.

So much for house prices here...always appreciating.
The market peaked in 2006-2007 so a luxury home like this selling for 95% of original purchase price is actually quite good. Applying this one-off example to all homes in The Villages is ridiculous, a good percentage of the homes here have appreciated nicely.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
An 0-6 pension, is close to 10K a month, he's too young for SS, thats not enough for a million $ house unless he squirreled away $$ from his nefarious deeds. corruption pays till you get caught

Be retired Navy, the reason I'm on the Capt's case--because I know how many young sailors lives were made miserable for minor infractions , loss pf pay and reduction in rank at the hands of officers who thought they walked on water

Thank God I was in the Submarine service--where the officers and enlisted were brothers--we all shared the same fate--they respected us & we respected them

I'm a retired CPO
And you know everything about this family because you drove by and saw their name plate? Maybe his wife came from a wealthy family? Not defending him but you make assumptions without all facts at your disposal.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Look those who have retired can be and will be recalled to Active Duty. There will be a Court Martial (s) under the UCMJ..everyone. That is where justice will be handed out. All can have a Military Lawyer (SJA) or hire a civilian lawyer..more than likely the latter..$$$$$++. All will then be faced with punishment under the UCMJ...not good for them.

You can bet that the prosecutors have at least two of the " Alleged " accused ready to testify for the the prosecution and have cut a deal for whatever. This is too big of a deal to get off with a reprimand,slap on the wrist etc. The fact that high ranking officers are involved means nothing in this case. Some will get jail time..Leavenworth comes to mind, others like the people who have cut a deal...may get off with a Fine and Bad Conduct Discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances..but that is a slight maybe. The people who cut a deal must have given the Feds a ton of information for them to act.

As for the Dependents (Wives) they are chump change in this and will be ignored and left to clean up afterwards. All the wining,dining,travel, rubbing elbows and mixing with all the Big Shots will all be a distant memory...and think was it all worth it. That said they had to be aware of the shenanigans going on but hey living like a Millionaire is pretty nice. In this case RHIP is very true.

Bottom line they more than likely as time went on thought they could not or would never be caught. My take somebody(s) spilled the beans made a phone call or two and that prompted an investigation.

It was only a matter of time ....Greed....and..... They got Sloppy...or who knows. The truth will come out without a doubt on what brought their downfall.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:

I'm a retired CPO
WOW! Yes, I believe he is guilty of the charges brought against him, but you have so escalated those charges to a whole other level with not a single fact to go on. His was not a million dollar home when purchased. We have no idea what his financial circumstances were prior to the military (nor his wife's). We don't know how frugal they were before retirement nor how wisely their money was invested.

Sadly, there is corruption in the military. Motor pool sergeants take home tools. Supply NCOs and officers sell military equipment to civilians. Private contractors solicit the appropriate parties to ensure contracts come their way. NO branch is squeaky clean. NO branch has ever been squeaky clean. Even Washington complained of quartermasters selling blankets. I wouldn't be surprised if Urk of the Neanderthal Homak tribe sold a club or two to Ju-Ju of the Cro Magnon Urgah tribe when they battled each other. The submarine service ain't perfect, either.

Get over yourself.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
This is NOT petty noise and gossip. This is criminal, possibly treasonous, activity. As Americans and taxpayers, we all have a right to be concerned and, yes, outraged by this alleged behavior. This is not something that should be glossed over.
And the best part of this site is that it's free and we all get to choose which threads we want to read or not read.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt4Dough View Post
The market peaked in 2006-2007 so a luxury home like this selling for 95% of original purchase price is actually quite good. Applying this one-off example to all homes in The Villages is ridiculous, a good percentage of the homes here have appreciated nicely.
Please point out where I said it applies to all homes here.

I have however, read plenty of comments where some folks were reluctant to admit that any homes here have depreciated...and that's simply not true.
Closed Thread

Tags
serious, indictment, stuff, taxpayers, millions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.