pinellas place sinkhole?

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Just came back from the south side I was picking up stuff. Rode Pinellas to the new SweetBay,Rode Yearling and Apache and saw NO sink holes. There was an old link about a POSSIBLE sink hole e/o Buenna Vista n/o Pinellas but the houses that were near that reported possible sink have all been sold but one. So no need for alarm. All appears to be fine. JMO
Thanks. Another rumor stopped.

Maybe.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-27-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: edited out inflammatory comment
Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Just came back from the south side I was picking up stuff. Rode Pinellas to the new SweetBay,Rode Yearling and Apache and saw NO sink holes. There was an old link about a POSSIBLE sink hole e/o Buenna Vista n/o Pinellas but the houses that were near that reported possible sink have all been sold but one. So no need for alarm. All appears to be fine. JMO
We too were also that way today and did not see anything resembling a sinkhole anywhere on that street. Perhaps it is the drainage ditches between the lots that looks like a dip. Nothing roped off, nothing with stakes, nothing with equipment and IF it was a sinkhole the developer/contractor could not cover it up without having some type of inspection first to determine if it truly was one.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2soon View Post
how are you able to see that people are closing there?
I have great insite.... just kidding...because people on this site have posted..."closing on our new home next month on yearling way can't wait" thinking it would be a good indication that THEY are closing or six people just posting that they are buying a new home just to feel the TV experience...LOL
Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 AM

Would this not be catastrophic ground collapse?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaffmom View Post
Would this not be catastrophic ground collapse?
It would be nothing.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Default Sinkhole repair

The SINKHOLE is being repaired, Drilling several holes and pumping grout around two houses at the end of Useppa Oaks at Yearling. We were told that it is between the homes and they are pumping concrete grout under these houses for 2-3 weeks now.

Last edited by clyde t; 05-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde t View Post
The SINKHOLE is being repaired, Drilling several holes and pumping grout around two houses at the end of Useppa Oaks at Yearling. We were told that it is between the homes and they are pumping concrete grout under these houses for 2-3 weeks now.
Thanks for the update
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

That's why I originally put "Yep". But didn't want to cause mass panic. Hubby is in that area daily and has been watching the activity. And for myself, I would have gone to take pictures but didn't want yet another nail in my tires.
Has anyone seen the jar of collected nails at the Tire Choice? I think we all must run right there to have them removes.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 AM

I thought this was just a rumor? One person said they saw nothing and a vicious rumor was stopped in its tracks!

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
I thought this was just a rumor? One person said they saw nothing and a vicious rumor was stopped in its tracks!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM

That brings up a good question: are sinkholes or excessive settling, common in Florida after new construction?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
i see there are six people closing on yearling way in the next month...wonder how it will affect the insurance
Where did you find that information? Please PM me if you have time.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Anyone with good info on this please post. We own on Useppa Oaks very near these houses that are being treated but are back in NC trying to sell our house. We did see the house on the corner having the concrete being pumped in last time we were there but now it looks like three houses are involved. Kind of too close for comfort and we have't even been able to move in yet. We will be down in a couple of weeks to check things out but would sure appreciate any good info that anyone finds out in the meantime. Thanks for posting about this so we can keep track of things from afar.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Useppa Oaks intersects Yearling at both ends. At which location is the sinkhole? The intersection closest to Buena Vista or at the other end near the pond? Is the sinkhole on homes on Useppa Oaks or Yearling? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
Its probably the same old thing - people are so afraid that something negative about The Villages might actually be true! Some people just insist that everything is perfect, so they just jump at any possibility that the less than perfect occurrence didn't really happen. Most people know The Villages is great, but can admit that it is not perfect.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.