Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Default Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

There is a Villa (Savannah series) that has a good price BUT never heard of the Village of Hadley. I know it's really new.. (around Havana Golf Course) but is it too far out?? Anyone know of anyone who has moved there? Have you driven by ? Will it have Rec. Center??? etc... I knew that if I wanted answers, I could count on all of you. (And my little pack of vagabonds (Kar Guy, Bama, Steve, Nancy, Karen etc) ......... that could be the site of the PARTY!!! lol
Old 08-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Default Re: Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

Hadley is on the far south side of The Villages, just north of 466A. It is very convenient to the new Colony Cottage Rec Center and also the brand new Colony Cottage Plaza where the new Publix is located. They will have their own neighborhood center, which is now under construction. I live just north of this area in Amelia and the location is excellent plus you are in the rolling hills area of The Villages. When the new square (Brownwood, I believe) is built you would be nearly equal distance between Lake Sumter Square and Brownwood.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey Noleguy! Gracis Amego!!!!!! We will certainly check it out!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:49 PM

D D Howdy New Neighbor soon to be: Found Hadley Villas on my map. Like Noleguy said they are just north of 466A just off Morse Blvd. at Odell Circle. We were in that area riding around before we bought. As I remember it was nice. Would be real convenient to Colony Regional Rec Ctr and Colony Plaza Good area for a party. Glad Appraisal is good.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Platinum member

Looks like a good area to me also. When The Villages is built out, you will be near the center. 466A is convenient to 75. When the new roads go through, it will be even closer.

We live in a Savannah in Bonita off of Canal St.

BTW, we heard the new Truman Rec Center will be decorate in an "old car" theme. It should not be too far from you.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

My personal opinion is that Hadley is too close to Wildwood and you might be better served to locate somewhere within the South of 466 area near Southern Trace and/or Laurel Manor. I would not want to be too close to Wildwood. I think the new town center which is planned will bring in many local folks from Wildwood who are not Villages residents and it would be crowded and not necessarily a great location to enjoy in the evening. Just my opinion. Wildwood is simply NOT the Villages.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Glad to hear that the appraisal went well.................hope Thursday is the BIG DAY for you !!! :bigthumbsup:

I like the website www.lylesellsfla.com for a decent map of The Villages plus lots of other good information. I noticed it does have the Village of Hadley on it. It looks a little isolated from the villages to the north but with the Colony Plaza and other amenities, it will probably be a great village ---- just like all the others. We found that in asking people the best village to live in, they all said that their village was the best! That was a comforting answer as we searched for our villa. We wanted to be south of 466 but since my husband loves the clay tennis courts at Glenview & Lopez, we didn't want to be too far south. Soon we'll be visiting our villa in the Village of Winifred.

Can hardly wait to celebrate with you & hubby :beer2: and share our Colorado connections .

Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Hey Bogart....Got your E-mail!! When we put our little John Henry's then I will be ready to party :beer2:

Got a lot of good stuff on Hadley. Really think that might be a great location - I'm not sure if I would be concerned about Wildwood like Fran....sorry Fran.... Should I be guys :dontknow: ??? How far is it from Wildwood??

Oh well, I'll keep y'all (hey, I haven't even moved south yet and already I have an accent!!!!!) posted on my trials and tribulations.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:02 AM
Platinum member

Wildwood is an older Florida town.My doctor said she lives there. I expect in the next few years that little town is in for a big change. I see it changing to a more quaint town than it is now. Personally, I would not find it a problem living closer than I am now. I would love the convenience of having closer access to 75.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Platinum member

I don't know a thing about Hadley but the mentioning of "Too Far Out" or Too Close" pegged my meter. We've got to drive 20 miles to get to Mickey D's. When we visited TV last January I said "OMG, civilization again". I'll take it. :bigthumbsup:

Steve
Old 08-22-2007, 01:10 PM

DD . WE WILL BE LOOKING AROUND THE HADLEY AREA ALSO WHEN WE GET DOWN. THEY HAD ONE FOR SALE IN THAT AREA THAT WE COULD HAVE BOUGHT BUT THEN IT WAS BUY SITE UNSEEN. NO THANKS. I NEED TO LOOK FIRST. PERSONNALLY I BELIEVE ANY AREA IS GREAT BUT I PREFER SOUTH OF BONITA AND CLOSER TO THE NEW CENTER. TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY
Old 08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Darby, We just drove by Hadley. I believe the Savannahs are in Hillcrest Villas. We were impressed. You are nowhere near Wildwood. We like the color these are painted. There is only one thing I will mention as I think you said you had dogs. There is no grass in front of the homes. That is fine, but I got out and looked in a back yard. No grass there either. Lots of cement and the rest has the pine needles and plantings. I just looked in one back yard. I hadn't seen this with Savannahs before. Guess it is both an advatage and disadvantage, but I know dogs would probably like grass.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

Avista's observations may reflect a new direction reported in yesterday's [i]Daily Sun, [i] that said that decreased amount of lawn would be permitted (i.e., those who want to redo their landscaping will have more freedom to do things like zeroscaping) because lawns take more water than landscaping and we're strapped for water right now!
Interesting!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 PM

I would not be concerned about being closer to Wildwood. This area of The Villages is quite attractive with the gentle rolling hills and does provide great access to I-75 as has been mentioned.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Hey Kar Guy - I can't imagine buying site (sight) unseen either!!!! Just imagine....we may be looking at the same place at the same time...........and we may both decide we want it.......this could get ugly!!!!!! (Did I mention that I'm a 270# ex-Sumo wrestler...????) :joke:

I think the sound of rolling hills sounds wonderful to me! About that grass...Yes, my dogs would miss it and so would I. Does that also mean that the lots would be smaller OR can we put in more grass if we choose? Hummmmm. :dontknow:

Now - I don't want any of you to laugh but...The fear I have is, we would move to Hadley and all the clubs I want to be a part of will be over by Spanish Springs or up around Summerhill etc. And I will be like a few on this board who said that they had to drive quite a ways to get to parts of TV. I would spend most of my time driving everywhere. Pretty soon I will drop the classes I love because of all the driving.... I TOLD YOU NOT TO LAUGH...IT'S NOT FUNNY :joke: :joke: Anyway...my husband said that if there was nothing to worry about, I'd find something!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.