Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Default Re: Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
Hey Kar Guy - I can't imagine buying site (sight) unseen either!!!! Just imagine....we may be looking at the same place at the same time...........and we may both decide we want it.......this could get ugly!!!!!! (Did I mention that I'm a 270# ex-Sumo wrestler...????) :joke:

I think the sound of rolling hills sounds wonderful to me! About that grass...Yes, my dogs would miss it and so would I. Does that also mean that the lots would be smaller OR can we put in more grass if we choose? Hummmmm. :dontknow:

Now - I don't want any of you to laugh but...The fear I have is, we would move to Hadley and all the clubs I want to be a part of will be over by Spanish Springs or up around Summerhill etc. And I will be like a few on this board who said that they had to drive quite a ways to get to parts of TV. I would spend most of my time driving everywhere. Pretty soon I will drop the classes I love because of all the driving.... I TOLD YOU NOT TO LAUGH...IT'S NOT FUNNY :joke: :joke: Anyway...my husband said that if there was nothing to worry about, I'd find something!!

Don't worry too much about "everything you want to do" being in Spanish Springs or the North side. We live in Duval, just west of Hadley area if I have the location right. We are off South Odell near Buena Vista, and love it. I have several groups that meet in Mulberry Square and that is 9.65 miles from my front door. at CR 42. After living in Memphis and Minnesota and driving 15 or 20 miles to get to stores I like, (and fighting the massive traffic) the distance is not really a factor unless you are one of those souped up Golf Cart drivers who are always in such a great big hurry they have lost their courtesy. It takes one a few more minutes to get anywhere, and when I go by cart it is a nice relaxing drive through beautiful scenery and landscaping.

Living near Wildwood is a non issue. We live 3 miles from Wildwood and pass through to get to the turnpike to go south and I75 to go North. I shop some in Wildwood and have not had any issues with anyone and have met some really nice people. Only Issue might be traffic on 466a, But through the Villages area is all 4 lane in place of the 2 lanes it was before.

Publix is close by and the Wal-Mart in Fruitland Park/Leesburg is closer than the new one on 466. Of Course my Hubby (the ultimate Village Troll) does balk because he can't get there by Cart! (So he goes the extra mile to 466 :. Really nice Library in Fruitland Park too)

If you are looking in the Hadley area, don't forget to check out Duvall. Lots of great folks live here! :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 PM

LTM- Duval is on our list of "must see's) Bamafan lives there also!! I really think somewhere around there is going to be right for us!! You make a good point regarding the driving!!!!

Where in Minnesota?? I was born and raised in Duluth!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 AM

DD. WE WOULD NEVER FIGHT OVER THE SAME HOME. YOU WOULD GET IT . AS THEY SAY IT IS ALWAYS BEAUTY OVER AGE. AND IN YOUR CASE THE SUMO WRESTLER BUILD WOULD ALSO DO IT. KAR GUY.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Platinum member

We have 3 Savannah Models in Bonita--just off Canal St--a little north of Duval. You might ask to see the models even if you are looking elsewhere. They are all decorated. don't know if these are for sale or not.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

I scoped out Hadley yesterday. We currently live in a Courtyard villa in the Village of Chatham and we're looking for a villa with a little more room and Patty and I noticed, in The Daily Sun, what appeared to be excellent buys for Grantham and Stonybrook 3br models. After a quick walk around inside and out, here's my two cents:

1. Location - appears to be good once the build-out is complete. As you would expect there's currently lots of barren land around and with construction being off at the moment in TV, it's difficult to predict when the build-out would be complete so living with lots of ongoing construction for several years could be in the future for a while. Hadley Village is close to Colony Plaza and Havana CC. Topography is very appealing....not typical Florida flat....this area has rolling hills that make for nice vistas.

2. Upgrades - The villas come with washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, microwave, ceiling fans, faucet upgrades and expanded concrete patio and walkways.

3. Landscaping - No grass on non-concrete areas (duh!), just pine straw and inexpensive plantings but it looks ok. There is a lot of potential to make the backyard a small oasis....in my opinion.

4. Bottom line - I think these are going to sell quickly at current list prices.

Patty and I like our current location better and we have an oversized corner lot which we love. We'll probably do some remodeling and upgrade our villa this year. We bought two of these villas and spec'd them out to be rentals....we sold one and now live full-time in the other.

Hope this helps y'all.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM

John, You don't know how much that helps!!! Esp. "construction zone"....Hummmmmmm???

We are giving everything south of LSL a shot. Don't want construction zone but love the closeness to new shopping center and Publex.. Lot to think about!!!

Thanks guys!!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Darbyduff,

Tried sending you a couple of emails but they didn't seem to go through. Congratulations to you and your husband on the sale of your Aurora home. The excitement must be almost too much to bear. Just think of the wonderful Christmas you're going to enjoy in TV and the fun on New Year's Eve at Town Square. You'll always have fond memories of Colorado, I'm sure. I still reminisce about the beauty of that great state and friendliness of the people who call it home. Fortunately, TV will be just as nice and much more active for you. Saying "have fun" is not necessary because you're the type of person who definitely will take advantage of all that TV offers.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Az2fla- I am really afraid you will not see this post but over all the people I have met here, I have felt connected to you the most (sorry everyone else)!!! I have truly missed your posts.

My E-mail is: darbyduff11@hotmail.com

Please keep in touch... I would love to follow your journey to,what we both consider, "the promise land".

Only you will understand this: When we cross the border between Kansas and Colorado I will be playing John Denver and bawling like a baby! " He was born in the summer of his 32nd year...coming home to a place he'd never been before..." etc.....

Your family and my family HAVE to meet. How can I help make that possible??????? :dontknow:

Old 08-25-2007, 09:58 AM

I live in Largo which is adjacent to Hadley. Absolutely great location that's central to everything. To say that it's 'too close to Wildwood' is just misinformation. In Largo I live 7.5 miles from Wildwood, so Hadley might be 7 or 6.5. More importantly, it's not too near all the shopping, yet not too far either.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 PM

opbob- That is great information!! Just spoke to our sales lady down in TV and she said there are no "specials" in Hadley because they are just building it. Said Duval, Mallory, etc have all the bargains. We'll see. Sure do love the idea of "rolling hills" though. She also said that Largo had some bargains.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory
My personal opinion is that Hadley is too close to Wildwood and you might be better served to locate somewhere within the South of 466 area near Southern Trace and/or Laurel Manor. I would not want to be too close to Wildwood. I think the new town center which is planned will bring in many local folks from Wildwood who are not Villages residents and it would be crowded and not necessarily a great location to enjoy in the evening. Just my opinion. Wildwood is simply NOT the Villages.
I think your comment should be for people who are buying near or close to Buena Vista in reference to Wildwood.However don't they come to the villages NOW ANYWAY? My wife and I purchased in the Hillcrest Villas of Hadley Village and settle next month. The area is of rolling hills and appears to be a beautiful location with the choice of 3 town squares to visit, and 2 of them are within a couple miles from our new home. What also we found was that the pub-lix was a stone throw away about 1 mile from our front door. Perfect for a golf cart. In addition when completed the golf courses to include Havana will be outstanding. Already we saw Truman,Roosevelt and Turtle Mound. Now if your worried about the people from Wildwood think twice they already come to the villages at many locations.

Now about the units. We found that the construction is all concrete no blocks. It also has no gas heat or gas water heat. Everything is electric. Now for me thats fine because winters don't get cold enough and summers I stay away. So from November to April is perfect.

Finally whats best is the prices they are at now with the discounts we saved over 30 to 40K and guess what we have no grass to cut the units are all maintenance free.

So good luck in your choices and hope to see you neighbors soon. Just ask for Bubba on Saffron Lane
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
opbob- That is great information!! Just spoke to our sales lady down in TV and she said there are no "specials" in Hadley because they are just building it. Said Duval, Mallory, etc have all the bargains. We'll see. Sure do love the idea of "rolling hills" though. She also said that Largo had some bargains.
All the deals must have been taken recently. We were down until August 11th and deals were available in Hillcrest Villas of Hadley Village. Can't beleive I got one of the last deals on a stoneybrook 2 Bdrm, 2 bath + den.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Bubba,

I can't believe she told us there were no bargains!!!! That is just the Villa I've been looking at, on that street!! So there are deals in Hadley!!! I am sooooooooo miffed!!! I am going to insist we see Hadley!! We'll see about the bargains or lack there of!!!!!

Gracis Amego.. Maybe we'll be neighbors!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Bubba,

I can't believe she told us there were no bargains!!!! That is just the Villa I've been looking at, on that street!! So there are deals in Hadley!!! I am sooooooooo miffed!!! I am going to insist we see Hadley!! We'll see about the bargains or lack there of!!!!!

Gracis Amego.. Maybe we'll be neighbors!!
According to my sales agent she claims they get reports daily of what is being offered. So it may take a call to your agent when you see the units near completion. I am on the street side and while we were down about 3 weeks ago the street side was close to sold out and had people moving in already. Now around the corner they were still working. Hey drive by and ask one of the workers bosses when they think the will be completed. Once the carpets are laid is the time to move.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.