Pool Intruders

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Sage
Default Pool Intruders

One of the posters on another thread mentioned non-Villagers utilizing our different facilities.

One of these are our swimming pools. At the neighborhood pool I use, I know there are some non-residents using it quite a bit. The rec center workers will check ID cards only on the people on the deck but not of those in the water. I have noticed certain people jump into the pool when the worker will come into the area for card checks and stay as long as she remains in the area.

Since it happens at my neighborhood pool, I can guess it happens at every pool. I would like to see some sort of card scanner as people enter the gate of the pool so only actual residents and their legal guests can use our facilities.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
One of the posters on another thread mentioned non-Villagers utilizing our different facilities.

One of these are our swimming pools. At the neighborhood pool I use, I know there are some non-residents using it quite a bit. The rec center workers will check ID cards only on the people on the deck but not of those in the water. I have noticed certain people jump into the pool when the worker will come into the area for card checks and stay as long as she remains in the area.

Since it happens at my neighborhood pool, I can guess it happens at every pool. I would like to see some sort of card scanner as people enter the gate of the pool so only actual residents and their legal guests can use our facilities.
I agree! Wish there was a scanner, like those used for credit cards/debit cards, at the pool gates to get into the area.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Default Scanners are a GOOD idea!

I agree also. While I have not noticed a particular problem at our pool I feel that would be a much better way of securing our pools for those who they are intended for.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Gold member

When the person checks you ID just quietly mention to her/him you suspect non-villagers are using the pool and they are in the water. See what happens. I would be interested to see how it is handled.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 AM

I agree. Judging by the the fact that their are always children at the Paradise pool, one could assume that summer or spring break is a year 'round event. We used to have people there to check ID's but I haven't seen anyone doing that in a while.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Sage

I have had visitors here several times (different groups) and no one has ever checked for visitor ID anywhere
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Location: From Colonial Heights, VA- now in Village of Gilchrist 213

I have been carded several times- from the water at sports pools. I have had people tell me this pool is for "RESIDENTS" only. I guess they assume I am younger than 55 so I certainly can't be a resident.

I am 40 and certainly think I look at least 40 ....I don't mind--

I have seen the jump in the pool quick at Gilchrist pool as well. Doesn't bother me--there is enough room and the pool is never over crowded.

I am not sure the swipe at the gate would work-it would go on the honesty level. A resident can open the gate for family/friends visiting from local areas without having a guest pass.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
When the person checks you ID just quietly mention to her/him you suspect non-villagers are using the pool and they are in the water. See what happens. I would be interested to see how it is handled.
I agree with Mike. But would take it a step further. If they will not do the ID check I would contact the recreation department.
In fact anyone suspecting non-residents using facilities............call the Rec Dept.

Recreation Administration
3325 Wedgewood Lane
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800
Old 04-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Sage
Default Report it

I also think that you should report this person to the person checking ID's. They need to know that our facilities are being misused by this who have gotten away with it. Unless it's reported, it will continue. It's kinda like the robberies....if Villagers are easy target then the crime with continue. The pools and facilities are very easy targets so they will continue to be misused unless someone one puts s top to it. As for the robberies, Villagers are now very aware and making a difference when trying to catch these thieves. If you see something not right, report it. Doesn't matter if it's our facilities or what's going on around us.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I agree. Have seen this happen more lately. Maybe we should all send emails to the recreation director. Bogie will give us the link.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree with Mike. But would take it a step further. If they will not do the ID check I would contact the recreation department.
In fact anyone suspecting non-residents using facilities............call the Rec Dept.

Recreation Administration
3325 Wedgewood Lane
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800

Whoops. He already DID. Thanks Bogie.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

And just "who" are these checkers. Male/female/young/old/residents?

I have never been asked at our pool for ID, but the person asking better have some concrete ID themselves. I have come to our pool to relax, not to be hassled.

Of course, if the Sheriff asks, I would be happy to show my ID.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Sage

I think the intruders choose pools that have NO one on site such as the adult pools. We have seen some un-villagers at Tall Trees adult pool.

I still say, no ticket, no laundry.

And UNDIP yourself, OR pay the amenity fee.

Un-nice Gracie.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-18-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Gold member

Don't mind having my ID checked at any time but do not want to be scanned into any type of device. Just don't know where that info goes and who has access to it. I don't think that use of the pools by non-villagers is a huge problem but I am sure it does exist. Just continue to ask for ID in a reasonable manor.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
Don't mind having my ID checked at any time but do not want to be scanned into any type of device. Just don't know where that info goes and who has access to it. I don't think that use of the pools by non-villagers is a huge problem but I am sure it does exist. Just continue to ask for ID in a reasonable manor.
I guess you do not go to any club meetings or other functions at rec centers where your ID card is scanned by the handheld scanner of the desk person.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.